FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack "Kids" Clique

Author Topic: The Hatrack "Kids" Clique
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
You can't vote, you can't buy cigarets, you can't buy alcohol, you can't legally consent, you can't serve on a jury, you most likely can't be tried as an adult, you may or may not be legally able to drive... You are the Hatrack Kids.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
*handslaps and bumps*
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's way past your bedtime. [No No]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this like Garbage Pail Kids? Are there trading cards?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Icarus, Beverly, go get your own topic and quit crampin' our style.

Damn old fogies. [Grumble]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Yeah, you don't see US getting in the way of YOUR cliques, now do you? [Razz]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Da_Goat is that young??? [Eek!]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - Da_Goat is just a kid. [Razz]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I probably knew that in some day past -- but I'm old now..........don't remember squat.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Bah, FG!

You're not old by my perspective.

Besides, you just have to remember this simple phrase and smile:

"Old age and treachery beat youth and skill, every time."

[Evil]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be the only member of this clique, now look at me! [Cry] I feel the need to reminisce with AK.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ June 25, 2004, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Hey, if Eruve is 17, she belongs in this clique, too!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a member of the Perpetually Immature Clique, and that makes me qualified for the Hatrack Kids Clique.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Are you saying that kids are, as a rule, immature????

[Mad]

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, do you mean that back in '99 there were no other youngsters on Hatrack?

*ponders this*

*head explodes*

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Mr. Funny,
No, that is not what I meant at ALL, sorry!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Yeah, Farmgirl, I'm 17.

Not really, really, really, really, really, really old like you. [Wink]

Elizabeth, "at ALL"? So now you're saying kids are never immature? Listen, I had to work hard to get this level of immaturity, and I ain't gonna let anybody take it away from me, y'hear?

[Mad]

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I'm 15, I qualify...

*signs up, walks in, takes a seat*

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Da_Goat,

Ever think about changing your screen name to Da_Kid and reactivating the other one when you're a grown up goat? [Smile]

suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
The clique is a bunch of BS. I can do all those legal things and I'm still a kid.
*goes off to start a people who still think they're seventeen forever clique*

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

DaGoat,
I have been pondering this very issue all evening. What is maturity? Is it age,as some people think? Is it a type of(or set of) behaviors? Or is it a state of understanding based on time on earth and exposure to as many different parts of the earth as possible?

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Maturity is something old people made up to try to put young people "in their place" [Wink]
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
kids philosophizing on maturity? this has got to be the most boringest thread in the history of hatrack.

fallow (not a kid)

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fifteen and i don't find myself mature at all lol. In fact, im really too childish to discuss maturity.

*Sits in Corner*

*Cries*

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mature... kind of.

hmmm I seem to be the youngest Hatrack kid so far. Where are the rest of us?

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
DaGoat,
I have been pondering this very issue all evening. What is maturity? Is it age,as some people think? Is it a type of(or set of) behaviors? Or is it a state of understanding based on time on earth and exposure to as many different parts of the earth as possible?

Well, I'm not sure, but I do know anybody who uses that many words for a three word question ("What is maturity?") is definitely too mature for this clique. Sorry.

sndrake,
Actually, yes, I have, but decided against it. Extra usernames are a tool of the devil.

[ June 26, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! I always wanted to join a clique! My school is very un-cliquey. (Though that's really not a bad thing at all.)
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

*clicks (get it? [ROFL] ) the "Add Reply" button to bump the thread*
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Addressed to the girls, boys, and the MIF (Mentally Immature Folk):

I am currently finding myself amidst a quarter-life crisis. I am regressing back to my earlier years. Just last week I played hopscotch with my friends for an hour.

I had fun.

Later, at a toddler playground, I discovered that my big 17-year old butt took up two seats where I was only suppose to take up one. I was so embarrassed.

So basically what I am trying to say is that I am joining this clique. Okay, I admit it, none of what I said above has any real relevance to what I am saying now. I just felt like sharing! [Blushing]

[ June 29, 2004, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Azile ]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.