FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In Awe of Toothpaste!

Author Topic: In Awe of Toothpaste!
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
As I was brushing my teeth, I started thinking of different ways I've used tooth paste, toothbrushes, dental floss, and dentist "picks":

1) Cleaning teeth.

2) Lip stick/other makeup marks on clothing (white, non gel toothpaste)

3) Removing tarnish from silver (white, non gel toothpaste)

4) Filling small holes in walls (from hanging pictuers, etc.) (white, non gel toothpaste, again)

5) Removing mildew (old toothbrush)

6) Clay/other art (dentist "picks")

What else have you used your friendly teeth cleaning devices for? [Wink]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Filling small holes in walls (from hanging pictuers, etc.) (white, non gel toothpaste, again)
Something I learned very quickly first year in college. It worked great for nail holes, and even molly-bolt holes. One of my suitemates tried to use it for a fist sized hole. He went through a whole tube of Colgate before giving up.

Dagonee
Edit: The wall smelled minty for months.

[ June 30, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Very important one: cleaning CDs
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
((((toothpaste))))
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used toothpaste (non gel variety) to clean the silicon oil of of my diving mask so that it doesn't fog up underwater. It works great.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I use dental floss to cut cinnamon rolls (during the prep phase, not after baking.

You have the sheet of dough, spread the butter and stuff on it. Roll it. Because I'm anal, I pre mark the top of the roll with a knife to make sure I get 12 fairly even pieces.

With the floss (and the thing I like about floss is that it seems pretty clean) I slide it under the roll and cross it over the top, so as I pull it, the roll is cut uniformly from all directions and comes out round instead of football shaped.

I love floss. I love to use floss for my teeth as well. My favorite is Kroger hi tech, because it morphs like glide but has more traction. I find with glide I have to wrap it around my finger several times whereas Kroger Hi Tech only needs one or two wraps.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I used toothpaste in a practical joke at camp once. While my friend Dave was sleeping, we put toothpaste all over his head. When he woke up tohugh, the stuiff went in his eyes and he had to go to the emergency room to get his eyes cleaned out. That was my last year in that camp.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We use dental floss to tie chickens and game hens for baking....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
we used dental floss to cut my graduation cake. It was a full sheet cake, iced with whipped icing, and so pretty that I didn't want to mash it. So you get a piece of floss longer that the long side of your cake, and just go straight down on it, and make as many pieces as you want. It doesn't loose it's pretty decorations like a knife can make it do.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The wall smelled minty for months.
That's one of the funniest lines I've read in weeks.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.