FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » World at War --- Turtledove

Author Topic: World at War --- Turtledove
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions about the World at War by Turtledove.

It's supposed to be a mirror of WWII in a fantasy setting.

Is this series worth picking up?

Tullaan

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only read the first book or two of world at war, then got distracted by bigger things than reading, but I'm a huge fan of turtledove and all that I read of that series was good. I'm right now (re) reading his Worldwar series (aliens come to earth during world war 2, its excellent).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I read one, got hooked, finished the whole series in a few days. It's light reading, acceptably written with a strong focus on plot, though repetitive at times.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the first few books of the series. I stopped reading it because he had not yet finished it, but eventually I will complete it.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
For a book about aliens invading Earth in the middle of World War II its incredibly believable. Since I read the first book in that series I've read every other alternative history, that doesn't involve magic, book by Turtledove and eagerly await the upcoming novels in the Colonization (sequel to WorldWar series) and American Empire series.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of friends of mine have gone nuts over it and read the whole series to date.

Eventually I will.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.