FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss my Furby...

Author Topic: I miss my Furby...
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
and my Tamogatchi too. I mean, I think back to my Furby and say to myself, "Man, You had so much potential, and I never tapped into it like I could have".

I wonder if I can still find a Tickle-me-Elmo?

(I know already! It's on eBay!)

Edited for comment from The Department of the Redundancy Department

[ July 08, 2004, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Try chicken dance Elmo instead and really annoy your friends!
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I need something. My son resurrected my niece's Furby and to hear it talk and babble was an emotional security blanket for me. I have a co-worker who talks to one in the car ride home each day. That is devotion! (plus a bit wierd, too).
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I always found furbies kind of creepy. But did anyone else here ever have a Boglin?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought furbies were a rip off of the movie Gremlins. We once speculated that they were called furbies instead of Gremlins because they couldn't get the rights.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
There actually was a lawsuit about that. But I thought Mogwais were cuddly. Furbies may have been oddly compelling and cute by some definitions, but I didn't think they were cuddly. The eyes were to glittery for one thing, and then there was the Manson-esque emblem on the forehead.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Sesame Street Elmo Gifts
Get Elmo Plush, Puppets, Bedding, Music/Video, Books, etc. Free Wrap.

Elmo Sesame Street
Find, compare and buy Clothing! Simply Fast Savings

Ads By Google

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises eyebrow*

[Confused]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
If I was google, those are the ads that I would show.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother's Furby kept breaking down. [Frown]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Try to educate a sim. It's as funny, and you can always try again [Wink]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister had a furby for a while. I don't know if we ever managed to teach it anything.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

My niece taught her Furby PG-rated obscenities like "crap". What a waste of a good Furby. [Frown]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Furbies are not normal. I remember the Furby that my friend had, and it really creeped him out. While playing at his house one day, we pulled it out of the garage. The first thing it said was "No light, no play". He swears no one taught it to say that.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Furbys are pre-programmed to say that when they're left alone in the dark too long.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
look what i found when i did a google search.

[Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss my Mogwuai.

I never saw it again after I fed it after midnight. [Cry]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

My wife offered to try to find my Furby, but after 2 moves, I am afraid he is hiding with all the unmatched socks...
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, it's ok, Alucard. I still have my Furby, make me offer and it's yours.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

How about a marine action figure from Starcraft ?
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Action figures, eh? Got any Star Wars?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Almost all from 1977. I have a Luke at work now, minus his lightsaber.

I have a 12 inch Boba Fett somewhere, but those are family heirlooms now!

Valentine014
Member # 5981

*drools*

You tease! I would sell my first born child for that Boba Fett!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
As it just so happens, Im in the market for your first born child for a special recipe...
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Well, as you can see, the opening bid for that child of mine is a 12 inch Boba Fett from the late 70's. Do you in fact have one of these in your possession?
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Yes I do and the backpack and grappling hook are around someplace as well. The original string broke on the grappling hook, so it has been replaced. And to think, the day I picked Boba Fett off the shelf, I almost picked Chewbacca...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.