FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Singles Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Singles Thread
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, some landmines there - sorry Blac. Was unaware.

Chris - go for it. I know the quote "tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

Which I tend to classify as so much bulldrek, but I'm certain opinions differ.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
No, this is the girl that I've been dating off and on for almost 3 years, and I swear this time, I'm really never speaking to her again, cause friends just doesn't work. And the girl from prom was a stupid mistake, I never should have ditched my date, and even if I didn't have a date, I should have known better than to have a fling with that girl. If you'd like I could rant about every mistake I've made with females in the past year, but I think Blacwolve might kill me if I did, cause she told me so, she told me so every single time.

The ever so pathetic sounding,
Stryker

I feel really stupid, I think I've killed the mood of the single thread. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, it's all good JT.

We've learned to ignore you now and again. [Taunt]

Besides, I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from your, by all accounts mesy, past.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I'm still single. Good thing, too, running out of space in my cellar, for the bodies...
Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to know you atleast read my posts. [Taunt]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
'k, Stryker. It's all cool. I was just wondering, that's all. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it still OK to flirt here or have I missed all the fun?

*winks at Narnia*

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So folks, I have to bump this thread...it's an interesting shock when you realize that your best friend has been posting on your favorite forum (the forum that HE introduced you to) here and there, yea even WINKING at you...and you haven't known it until now.

So my dearest Jemmy, I'd just like to wink back. *wink*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat!!! I've blown my cover. I may have to invent another mystery login name, just to keep the games alive. *winks again*

I know I'm revealing my forum infancy here, but I keep seeing this 'bump' word popping up and I don't know what it means. It seems to have something to do with either revisiting old threads or dissing ones that are overencumbered or irretrevably off-topic. Could someone clarify this for me please?

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

As long as this thread is up, I'd like to report that I'm no longer on the "single's list", I'm now on the "Long Distance and I can't afford to go see her list"....
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Still single. Mostly I'm fine with it, but I do get a moment of panic every now and then that something will happen to my dad before I meet someone and get married. This would be especially upsetting to me, as my mom literally said "This baby's for you, Daddy" when I was born. I've always been especially close to my dad, and so he must be there to walk me down the aisle.

But yeah, I'm fine with being single. Wouldn't say no to being in a relationship, though. [Big Grin]

quote:

I know I'm revealing my forum infancy here, but I keep seeing this 'bump' word popping up and I don't know what it means. It seems to have something to do with either revisiting old threads or dissing ones that are overencumbered or irretrevably off-topic.

When someone posts a reply to a thread, the thread gets moved to the top of the list--in other words, it gets "bumped" up the page. [Smile] It can refer to any thread that's been replied to, but yes, it's more often used on older topics. Or when the whole point of replying is to move the thread up to the top of the page so as to grab someone's attention.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be single forever.
It can't be helped.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*pat pat*

Me too.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am single and pretty happy about it. I honestly have no time for a significant other.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
My family is starting to ask questions. That's how single I am.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have mixed feelings.
On one hand, it would be nice to have a lover to cuddle with and lavish with attention, but said person could annoy me when I want to read or play the Sims 2 for several hours on end...
Hmm...
I am not sure if I want to give up my freedom or if it would be worth it... but...
I just cannot decide...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm single!... Though, I'd hope I were, I'm only fourteen... Well, I suppose I'm almost fifteen, brithday being next week.

But single life is good...ish. ^_^

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm... casually seeing someone so therefore mostly single. It's a VERY complicated situation.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

*bump*

Gee, that was fun.

Thanks xnera.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Nice bump!! *admires bumpage* *winks at JonnyNSB and Shan*

This thread or something like it always seems to show up around this time of year. Is it really in an attempt to hook up, or just so we won't be alone when we wallow in our singleness? [Wink]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
dunno, but hi all.

*le sigh*

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Valentine's Day. The hormones and instincts have to go somewhere.

This year at least the anointed V-Day movie (Hitch) stars someone I oddly love. I enjoy actor-watching but usually don't care what happens to them, but based on OSC's comments and interviews from I, Robot, I actively want nothing but good things to happen for Will Smith.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
We could all have a Valentine's day chocolate exchange! Or you could all just send me chocolate. That would be cool.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever saw Jersey Girl, Will Smith plays himself in it. Assuming that personality is anything like his real personality, he's a good guy.

And based on the few interviews and such I've seen, that seems likely.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Me too Katie. He is incredibly endearing and I always enjoy him onscreen. I'm excited to see this one, even though I'll probably go see it with a friend who is a girl. To echo fugu, *le sigh*
Allegra
Member # 6773

I think it has more to do with not feeling so alone in our singleness. I am not exactly happy about being single, but I do not expect it to change in the next 18 days. It is just nice to know that there are others who will not spend the day smooching with a SO.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'll bet Coccinelle and I see it together. Which is always fun, but, hmmm...

I have had dates in the past while, but I haven't been kissed in so long I think I forgot how it goes.

[ January 27, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

There is an email exchange thread *hint hint*

(I would have done a candy exchange but I thought of it too late.)

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Nick is no longer single, and saving for an engagement ring for the most amazing woman.

Just thought I would let you all know. I guess if you get too comfortable being single, you find somebody. Wierd.

Wow, this is my first post in a while. I miss you guys, but I'm too busy with work and my social life to ever check the rack anymore. [Frown]

For example, last night I had a great time watching my assistant managers get drunk while bowling. [Big Grin]

One of them was all up on me the whole night though... [Dont Know]

Oh well. Anyway, I'm rambling. I miss Hatrack, I just... don't have time anymore I guess, I get tired of computers really quickly now. But hey this thread is about singles, single people, there is somebody for everybody. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, at least there's no chance you'll get drunk and kiss a guy you don't even find attractive!

[Embarrassed]
[Monkeys]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, [The Wave]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.