FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Tribute to the genius of Hayao Miyazaki (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Tribute to the genius of Hayao Miyazaki
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please help me overcome this fear!!!
Well, at least that's better than a consuming hatred. I don't think you have any reason to fear becoming a demon over it. [Wink]
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny story. When Robert was about two and a half, we had my husband's family over, including his two younger brothers, who like Anime.

He decided to show them the opening of Princess Mononoke. I had put the baby to bed and came down after they had turned it off and hidden the evidence. Robert was playing with blocks, and had been the whole time. My Beloved thought he hadn't even noticed it.

Next morning, Robert comes down the stairs asking to see "scary worms riding a skelleton pig." [Confused]

Now, we don't have cable, partly because we want to control what comes into the house, and partly because we know we are weak and will spend hours changing channels in the hopes of sniffing out entertainment.

I call the Beloved at work, because Robert won't let it go, and I am distressed. Did he have a nightmare? If it was a nightmare, why would he want to see it again?

My Beloved 'fesses up to showing the opening of the movie when Robert was in the room, but protests that he didn't seem to be watching it at all. Still, he managed a fairly accurate description, doncha know.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.