FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Want to play a guessing game?

Author Topic: Want to play a guessing game?
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
There may be a small prize for the winner! The question is, what nation am I from? And the hints are :

1. It is in Europe.
2. It qualifies me to be the 'token Communist' on any discussion board.
3. Our flag has three colours, one of them being red.

Happy guessing.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I already guessed British in another thread, but obviously that's not it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see that post, but indeed I am not from Britain.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
But we already have a token Communist. Or "communist," actually.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Bah, I'm sure he or she is a mere impostor, not truly trained in the dialectic. In any case, I'm prepared to fight for the post. Marx is strong in me.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Bulgaria!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
If I name of enough incorrect answers will you stop being so sneaky and cut the tension, by divolging your secret location?
Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Åland

[ July 15, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is one page with most/all the flags of europe. Note almost all the flags have red in them. My history/geography knowledge is pathetic at best, so I refuse to make any guesses for now.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Not Bulgaria. And Åland isn't even a nation.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Latvia and Estonia.
Flags of the World

One of these? Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania and Slovenia all fit your description. Not to mention Russia and the Czech Republic.

I think you're being a tinsy bit vague.

EDIT: Since you no-ed Bulgaria, we can wipe that. But seriously. You can't give wide variables like that.

[ July 15, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*checks profile*
Phooey.

I'll guess something random like...Croatia?

[ July 15, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, your parents live in Norway.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

"You can't give wide variables like that."

Maybe, but I gave you a clue [Big Grin] as did the response to my "answer".

[ July 15, 2004, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey...aspectre, are you King of Men? [Confused]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Well?
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Nah, I only use one name on Hatrack.
I enjoy taking credit&blame for my postings wa-a-ay too much to use another.

[ July 15, 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Point taken.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

My hints are intentionally vague. I am shrouded in mystery, moving with secrecy and speed. I am enigma, wrapped in riddle. Yeah!

I am not aspectre, and still don't see what Åland has to do with it.

Finally, well done to Hollow Earth. *Kicks self* Dashit, I should have started this thread before the telephone one. You were supposed to be learning some geography by looking up ever more obscure countries. [Big Grin] My mission to educate America must continue in more subtle ways.

aspectre
Member # 2222

Take a look at the flags of Norway and Åland.
King of Men
Member # 6684

Oh well, I see what you mean. Iceland would be a better hint, though : Their colours are a reversal of ours, copycats that they are.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Norway?
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Egomainia?
Luvmyselfaloveria?

aspectre
Member # 2222

As for the clue that KingOfMen dropped: consider that only Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians are likely to know about Åland; let alone know enough to use the phrasing "And Åland isn't even a nation."
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

The Faroe Islands?
King of Men
Member # 6684

Norway, comrades. Hollow Earth hit oil, the rest of you can stop drilling.
aspectre
Member # 2222

Actually, ErikSlaine, I considered using that "homeland" in answer to EruveNandiriel and yourself.

Don't believe the bit about "communist" though.
Norway imports its low-wage laborers from Sweden: black gold, texas tea.

[ July 16, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

King of Men
Member # 6684

Swedes tend to get rather uppity. These days it's Poland all the way.

In any case, it is the Swedes who call us 'the last Soviet,' as though it were our fault that our welfare state works and theirs doesn't.

HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
boooya
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.