FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Attention, Class.

Author Topic: Attention, Class.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, boys and girls. I'd like you to give a big welcome to your new kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Sakasegawa. This will be her very first time in her own classroom and I know she's going to be the best teacher ever.

(Congratulations, honey!)

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Juliette!

Edit: I mean, Congrats to both John and Julietta.

[ July 20, 2004, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeay!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Spankings all around!

Edit: Pop, do you mean Mike? John is the karate man from Enter the Dragon.

[ July 20, 2004, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
:puts skillery in time out chair:
I remember this kid in my daughter's kindergarten who got the teacher's pair of scissors one day.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an authentic Shinda meme, skillery. I know his name.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Juliette! [Smile]

Don't forget to tape your ankles well. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, dude.

Am I being totally inappropriate if I suggest that's kinda hot? Like having a wife who's a nurse or police officer.

Or am I being just slightly inappropriate?

Hope she has fun. I know I did. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the sandbox, greatest game ever.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Shinda meme? Okay, when I move to CA I get to be Jim Kelly!

More spankings please!

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Thanks Mike and thank you everyone else for your congrats. I'm really excited!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops! I just realized I posted as Mike. Silly me.
Anyway, thank you everyone.
-Juliette [Big Grin]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh! I wondered about that post!

Congrats again, teach. Welcome to the trenches! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Kindergarten, huh? Now that's what I call a truly courageous woman. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! You'll be wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember, everything these kids need to learn in life, they will learn, from you in Kindergarten. Hmmm. I think there is a book in there somewhere.

Good luck and remember, you are bigger than they are. You can take them if you need to.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! C is for cookie.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
yay!
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Kindergarten teachers go straight to Heaven. I have taught emotionally disturbed boys and girls who punch and bite and swear, but I have always said it is still easier than teaching kindegarten.

Truly, I think it is the most challenging job in education. You will do a great job!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter wasn't quite used to the idea of wearing shoes, or clothes for that matter.

I was terrified I'd get a call from her K-Teacher telling me to come pick up my naked child.

Either she kept her clothes on or the teacher was wayyyyy cool! I never could get any answers out of either one of them.

Congratulations!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both *high-five* [Big Grin]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is good news. Congrats (second income now?)! 8)
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm not quite sure why people are congratulating me. After all, Juliette did all the work.

quote:
Am I being totally inappropriate if I suggest that's kinda hot?
Nah. Although, she was already smokingly hot even before the teacher thing. Even Ralphie thought so.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of being snarky - what's your nickname from the kids who can't pronounce your family name? [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
A-B-C--D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L=M-N-OP-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

To the best of my knowledge, nearly all of the children she has worked with while volunteering or student teaching have been able to pronounce the name. I think there was only one who couldn't, and he called her "Mrs. S."
Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually there was one student with autism who just called me plane old "S" for a while and another student with speech problems who called me "Mrs. Segawa". Other than that kids handle the name very well. It surprises me on a regular basis.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you never have a student like me in your class, My kindergarten teacher rethought her career choice after 15 years of teaching, and one uncooperative student, me. *thinks about time he almost set fire to chair*

Stryker

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, and congrats too [Wall Bash]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to new teacher, I helped out in a first grade classroom this year, I have increased my respect for anyone that could do that.

Stryker, I have heard that you were a very nice quiet kindergartener, but well that's lakeview.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats!
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Juliette!
Speaking as the parent of a Kindergartener, the teacher makes ALL the difference in the world in how these little ones feel about school. They're very lucky to have you. Congratulations!

{Ugh... spelling!}

[ July 21, 2004, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are making your kids color a trumpet, and one of them uses a pencil (so it's be shiny like a real trumpet) rather than a yellow crayon, don't make him erase it and do it over. Good kindergarden teachers wouldn't.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.