FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mooselet's Latest Story

Author Topic: Mooselet's Latest Story
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mooselet and I tell each other stories throughout the day. This morning he told one that wasn't really similar to other ones, and I considered it to be really cute. And since it involves Hatrackers, I thought I would share it with you.
quote:
Mooselet: "Once upon a time, there was a girl named Ladydove. And she went down the waterslide, and got all wet. Then she wrapped in a towel. And she was cold, and then she wrapped in a blanket. Then she climbed up in a tree and got stuck. Now say, 'then what?'"

Papa: "Then what?"

Mooselet: "And then there was a boy named Carl, and he got her down from the tree and she was happy. And Bob and Dana was (sic) there and they all ate strawberries and hot dogs and milk and orange juice and cheerios and pancakes. And there was a girl named Mommy and they went to the store. Now say, 'then what?'"

Papa: "Then what?"

Mooselet: "And then there was a girl." (Pause)

Papa: "And what was her name?"

Mooselet: "I don't know. Rivka!" (Raucous laughter.) "And she was there and they were best friends. And they went to the playground, and they went on the swing and the teeter-totter and the slide and they made a train. And Zachary was there and Max was there and Jamie was there and Jesse was there."

Papa: "Was anyone else there?"

Mooselet: "I don't know. Puppy!" (Raucous laughter.) [Side note -- Puppy refers to Geoff Card] "And they played in the sand with fish sticks and they made pizza and it had pepperoni and olives. The end. Was that a good story?"

Papa: "That was a great story, buddy."

Mooselet: "You know what? We are best story friends."

Papa: "We sure are, pal. We are best everything friends."

Mooselet: "Yeah."

How could anyone not love this kid?

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
That is beautiful. [Smile] We play the story game a lot at my house, too. Several Hatrackers have figured fairly prominently in some of ours as well (most notably CT, Ophelia, Ben and Jamie). Every now and then, one of the boys will tell me it's time to go to the airport and get [CT], like they think she just lives there, or something. [Smile]

I love that we have been able to meet such wonderful people on Hatrack, and that my kids have gotten to know them , too.

It is good. [Smile]

P.S. I'd love to let my kids meet some Hatrack kids, too.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] Cool story.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
What else could I say ?

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
That's definately a 9.9 on the cute meter. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
they all ate strawberries and hot dogs and milk and orange juice and cheerios and pancakes
Wow, that sounds pretty ambitious. Everybody, remember not to have breakfast before hanging out with Mooselet.

What a cutie.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Adorable!!!

'nuf said

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
That warms my vapors. [Smile]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That is the most elaborate story he has told yet. I am amazed (having heard many of his stories myself) that you were able to understand all of that.

He is an incredibly adorable child (no bias here)!!!

-Mama

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fantastic story!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, what a cute kid. Can't wait to meet him.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a very cute story! You have such adorable children.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Remind me later to meet the Moose & Squirrel, but mostly Mooselet.

I really really really want to be in one of his stories.

And he should put OSC in one a story. OSC was kind enough to put you all in one of his.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot Superstation, Dan. Just as cute as Mooselet, but without the story-telling. (Or at least, I can't understand the stories he tells. [Wink] )

I am so honored! *ear-splitting grin* As it happens I really do like fish sticks! (Not sure about using sand as a condiment, but we can work that out.)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
aw, cute story. [Smile]

Who knows, maybe one day he will write one that ends up in F&SF [Smile]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs Mooselet::
My Knight in Shining Armor!

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka, I should probably warn you -- when he says fish sticks, he's referring to pine needles. Just thought you should know, in case he offers you some.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
she's back!

how does one thank a mooselet?

*defers to papa*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
You know you've had too much Hatrack when . . .
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
wow. thats incredibly cute. And a very nice story too!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oh. Well, that way they're kosher . . . and the sand suddenly looks a lot more appetizing.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That is just a damn cute kid. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, if you guys come to Arizona for Thanksgiving, I'm so driving to wherever you are to get to see Mooselet. He's too cute.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

We will be in Arizona (Prescott) for Thanksgiving -- probably driving out Monday and leaving Saturday. We'd love to see you.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like I may have to plan on a Friday trip to Prescott then.... [Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww...I love that kid. [Smile]

*huggles Mooselet*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

[Smile]
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

anyone care to snap into a slim-jim?

fallow

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, we all sure do need a best story friend.

Thanks for sharing that Papa, I read it at work yesterday and felt good for hours afterwards.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I particularly like the "Now say, 'then what?'" bit. [Smile] There's a good rhythm to it.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Prescott! We need a Papa Moose get-together, and DaGoat can come too! YAAAAAAAY!

*gets excited about meeting new jatraqueros in a place that Goat can get to*

[ July 21, 2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
That is the CUTEST THING EVER.

m0053L3+ r0xx0rZ!

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*eyes Puppy's interests*

[Laugh] [ROFL] [Laugh]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
That was awesomely cute. My eyes are misting. That last line. He's beyond adorable. He's made my day... and so have you Papa Moose. And I needed it, dealing with computer viruses for the past few days. I have suddenly gone from this [Grumble] to this [Smile] . Thanks.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
You're raising yourself a storyteller, Pop. Keep encouraging him. We need all the good storytellers we can get in this world. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mooselet: "You know what? We are best story friends."

Mama & Papa, you're wonderful parents!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That is just so so adorable! I hope he loves ahring his stories always!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:bump: What hatrack needs now [Kiss] sweet [Kiss]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.