FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con -Arrival Times VERY IMPORTANT If you are being picked up see pg 4 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Kama Con -Arrival Times VERY IMPORTANT If you are being picked up see pg 4
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy, my brother lives in Wheaton -- for now. If he gets into the FBI, he'll probably have to move.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had to move once or twice because of the FBI, myself.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
JNSB has been added to my spreadsheet though I haven't reposted it here. Looks like we've got a good cluster of people coming in between noon and 1:30pm. There will definitely be an airport run then!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

btw I'm sorry Insanity Plea (Bernard?) I didn't realize you already offered to keep a phone list. I must have had my head in outerspace yesterday when I was reading this thread.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And that's different from any other day, how? [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

valid point
[Wink]
AJ

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
B has my cell number(RIGHT, Bro?) so we're contactable if for some reason we need to be contacted.

::considers making ken pay for hotel, since she paid for wenchcon BOTH times::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be more thank willing to take people's phone numbers, anyone can email me at [url= http://"mailto:bernard@enguin.com"]bernard@enguin.com[/url]

and Becky, if your number starts with 860 and ends with 936, with two sevens in between there, yes I probably have it. Of course you might have a 2 in there, and if that's the case...then I don't have it. [Big Grin]
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
nope.

I'll email you.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe dkw has my cell phone number. I plan to send it to sndrake when I remember to send him my flight info.

Does anyone else need to have it?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

bernard I e-mailed you my contact info. It's coming from my work e-mail. I put BannaOj in the subject line.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

O'Hare Airport
code:

Arival time Screen name Person Assigned
2:02 PM 11/11/04 Meese on own
6:30 AM 11/13/04 Rivka sndrake
9:15 AM 11/13/04 katharina AJ
10:47 AM 11/13/04 Zevlag ?
11:57 AM 11/13/04 JNSB ?
12:30 PM 11/13/04 RRR ?
1:00 PM 11/13/04 Annie (on train)?
1:00 PM 11/13/04 Saxon &Juliet ?

Midway Airport
code:

Arrival time Screen name Person Assigned
9:00 AM 11/13/22 Mackillian Theca
3:05 PM 11/13/22 Mareck ?/Train to downtown?

[ July 30, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Sndrake, how many people did you say your van can hold? I'm trying to figure out if we should pick up all 6 people coming into O'Hare between 10:30 and 1:30 at once, or if we should divide it into two trips. I feel bad for making Zevlag especially wait that long.

And I'm thinking we will see who is there at the hotel with vehicles and send one of them down to pick up Marek at Midway. Marek do you have a cell phone or anything?

AJ

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be getting in a lot earlier if I go with the early bus. It leaves Green Bay at 3:30 am, but it's a lot more direct. But either way, I will get myself to the airport before 1:00. And I'm not averse to waiting for a bit.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

IMPORTANT INFO
Everyone that is being picked up with other Jatraqueros at O'Hare is responsible for getting themselves to the "Kiss N Fly" area of the airport via the O'Hare light rail.

(If you make other arrangments because you are being picked up individually that is your own business.)

AJ

Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
We are actually coming in at 1:00 not 1:30 but I don't know if that really makes any difference as far as getting a ride goes.
[Smile] Juliette

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

whoops, typo! I'll fix it.

AJ

Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
No big deal. Thanks for all that you have been doing!
-Juliette

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sndrake, how many people did you say your van can hold? I'm trying to figure out if we should pick up all 6 people coming into O'Hare between 10:30 and 1:30 at once, or if we should divide it into two trips. I feel bad for making Zevlag especially wait that long.

Depends on which van I take. We just bought another one yesterday so we'll be a two-van household for at least a few weeks.

The old van has only a passenger seat in front, the rest open floor space - not real comfy, but easy to fit 6 and luggage.

The "new" van (it's actually another 1989 model) has actual seating in the back - for at least 3, along with the front passenger seat. Might be a little more cramped with the luggage.

I'll go out later and do an exact seat count on the "new" van and get back to y'all later.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

My mini van is currently arranged to carry 4 passengers and 1 driver fairly comfortably with loads of room in the back for luggage. I can fit up to 7 if I put the other seat back in, but then the luggage room is significantly decreased.

My plan was to pick up Kat and use her as a stevedore (with her consent) when I go to Costco. I would *hope* we'd be done with the Costco run by noon so I could go back to the airport and we'd have two vehicles. If we were going to do a "earlier" and a "later" pickup I could do the "later" one more easily.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm thinking especially for shuttling people to the Metra, maybe I ought to put the middle seat back in. Yeah 7 is a bit of a tight squeeze but it is only a 5 minute ride too.

AJ

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not too picky as long as one of the following are met: 1)Internet Access, 2)Someone to talk, 3) A place to sit and read. Though I do wish I could have came in earlier to help you and Katie.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have to check out a few things (there's a lot I don't know about this van - it came up by surprise and it cost as much in total as the lift all by itself would cost).

But it looks like there is actual seating for at least four people - maybe five if one of the seats in back swivels the way I think it might.

Plenty of room for stuff behind the seats at the back of the van. Room for a person or two and more stuff in the space that isn't seating (big open space - it's van adapted for wheelchair use.).

*Am excited - this drives much better than the "old" van - I sit up closer, and get to drive with a bent leg with my foot rather than my toes on the pedals*

Edit to add: It's also nice that it's all registered, plated and insured now! [Smile]

[ July 30, 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm practicing the song from Showboat as I type.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry took so long to reply, got your email and added your number to my list [Smile]
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*wants to hear Katie sing Old Man River* [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bump* (reminds self to add new arrivals)
Richard Berg:

Itinerary:
Friday, August 13 - RALEIGH DURHAM(RDU) to CHICAGO-MIDWAY(MDW)
Flight 1668 Q
Depart RALEIGH DURHAM(RDU) at 10:10AM and
Arrive in CHICAGO-MIDWAY(MDW) at 11:00AM

Sunday, August 15 - CHICAGO-MIDWAY(MDW) to RALEIGH DURHAM(RDU)
Flight 780 Q
Depart CHICAGO-MIDWAY(MDW) at 08:10PM and
Arrive in RALEIGH DURHAM(RDU) at 11:00PM

AJ

[ August 02, 2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Updated list
O'Hare Arrivals
code:

2:02 PM 11/11/04 Meese on own
6:30 AM 11/13/04 Rivka sndrake
9:15 AM 11/13/04 katharina AJ
10:47 AM 11/13/04 Zevlag Noon Pickup Trip?
11:57 AM 11/13/04 JNSB Noon Pickup Trip?
12:30 PM 11/13/04 RRR 1:15 PM pickup
1:00 PM 11/13/04 Annie(train) Noon or 1:15pm
1:00 PM 11/13/04 Saxon&Juliet 1:15PM pickup

Midway Arrivals
code:

Arrival time Screen name Person Assigned
9:00 AM 11/13/22 Mackillian Theca
11:00AM 11/13/22 Richard Berg ?
3:05 PM 11/13/22 Mareck ?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*pulls out her bi-focals....*
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to confuse things more... but the spreadsheet that's being posted with arrival times is showing people coming in NOVEMBER???? <ducking and running>

Seriously, I do hope that's just a data entry oops and I'm simply being obsessive?

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention that the people flying into Midway aren't arriving for 18 years....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a long flight Papa Moose.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I didn't realize the layover was THAT long...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not, that's just how long it takes to get through security now. Especially with children!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

[Blushing] It was a spreadsheet malfunction I tried to get cute and create custom categories and it screwed every thing up.
[Blushing]

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

All right the drag and drop function spazzed on me. I blame general delirium for not catching it sooner.
O Hare
code:

2:02 PM 8/11/04 Meese on own
6:30 AM 8/13/04 Rivka sndrake
9:15 AM 8/13/04 katharina AJ
10:47 AM 8/13/04 Zevlag Noon Pickup Trip?
11:57 AM 8/13/04 JNSB Noon Pickup Trip?
12:30 PM 8/13/04 RRR 1:15 PM pickup
1:00 PM 8/13/04 Annie(train) Noon or 1:15pm
1:00 PM 8/13/04 Saxon &Juliet 1:15PM pickup

Midway
code:
Arrival time	Screen name	Person Assigned
9:00 AM 8/13/04 Mackillian Theca
11:00AM 8/13/04 Richard Berg ?
3:05 PM 8/13/04 Mareck ?

AJ

[ August 02, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

ghost of xnera
Member # 3920

- posted      Profile for ghost of xnera   Email ghost of xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Possible change of plans for me.

I need to check with my supervisor/read the employee handbook, but I am thinking I am not eligible for paid vacation yet. And if this is the case... well, I don't really want to take a full day off, then. I mean, the finances are better, but still, kinda need the money.

So right now it looks like I will be coming to the hotel after work. I don't need anyone to pick me up or anything; I work downtown, so the transportation from here to the hotel is very convenient. I might see about changing my schedule a bit next week so I could get out two hours early, and get there earlier in the day.

If I work a full day on Friday, I'd be arriving around 6:00. Just in time for pizza. [Big Grin]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*hugs* however you get there, we will be glad to see you!

AJ

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

I made a joke about everyone arriving in November a few pages ago and no one noticed.

space opera

edit: Oh, I still haven't posted my own arrival time. Will do that tomorrow.

[ August 05, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Important change!
Annie is now messing things up.

Grandma said "absolutely not" to me getting on the 3:30am bus. So, I shall be arriving at 3:40 pm at the station at 5800 N. Cumberland Ave. (It says it's the CTA transit building)

Seems like that should put me in a very good spot for public transportation, so to make things easy, I can just get myself on buses and the like and get to the hotel. Whatever you think works best, AJ.

And this ticket it permanent now, so I won't be changing anything else on you.

(edit: one's UBB tags should match before leaving the house)

[ August 05, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
About how late are people hanging around till on Sunday? I can either leave at 3:00pm or 9:00am, I just need to decide which one so I can buy a ticket.

space opera

edit: Any opinions on Greyhound vs. Amtrak? Either way I have to take a bus. Greyhound goes directly into Skokie, while with Amtrak it's Chicago. The price is pretty much the same.

[ August 06, 2004, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
A large number of us are staying around 'til Monday, though it's still uncertain who.

[ August 06, 2004, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I love riding Amtrak, whereas busses usually make me car-sick. But that's just me. Either would probably be good for you.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, if that's greyhound there's not really any such thing as a time-determining ticket. Greyhound tickets are good on the same route for a long time after listed time (months), and they'll put you on before listed time often, particularly if they have room.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Annie do you have a cell phone?

I'm sure we can send someone to pick you up.

AJ

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie does have a cell phone, and I will personally travel with anyone who goes to pick her up... not that this is really a surprise or incentive for anyone but hey, I want to go! [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...I'm arriving via Amtrak at 9am or so Friday. I fully expect to find my own way to the hotel but if anyone else is coming in at a similar time, I'd be happy to travel together.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Tick once again, you are coming in early enough that hopping on another train to O'Hare is an option and you could take the Jatraquero shuttle from there. Or the metra line to Skokie drops off aproximately a mile away from the hotel.

If you want take the Metra to Skokie from Union Station you want to take the Milwaukee District North Line
http://metrarail.com/Sched/md_n/md_n.shtml#MAP
to the Edgebrook station.

The one-way fare is $2.90.

If you want to go to O'Hare, you need to take the North Central Line
http://www.metrarail.com/Sched/ncs/ncs.shtml#MAP and get off at the O'Hare transfer. The fare is $3.30

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm attempting to post a map from the hotel to the Metra station.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=icwws.V.wino80b1MLJD7Ew2rT2Vrum8sEOkZltmcPvB3vPAmNiytdy8S9Fi5bloa0nRCc3LVqro_jen0Luo6jYbvHw-&csz=Skokie%2C+IL&country=us&tcsz=Edgebrook%2C+IL&tco untry=us

*crosses fingers* it worked once. IF it doesn't work cut and paste the mess.

AJ

[ August 06, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.