FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC Plays

Author Topic: OSC Plays
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
I promised I'd post info when I had it. So be sure a click on the link at the top of the page that says "Posing As People".
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! Plays!
Boo! California!

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lifeloop?!? [Eek!]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit I kind of agree with Pooka here, how could that possibly be adapted to a (non-incredibly-vulgar) play? And no fair telling me to go see it and find out! [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Oh, I'm kidding with the eek. I just didn't think the group hug smiley would be appropriate.
P.S. The fact that Aaron Johnston (I assume its the same guy) pens humorous observations about Mormon culture on Nauvoo is somewhat of a comfort.

[ July 23, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, it wouldn't be all that hard just to make the Loop a reality-TV-style soap opera without all the gratuitous sex. Story would still be the same.

I haven't read Aaron's script, though ... so maybe it's something even more inventive.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I'm just waiting for the OSC Playa dobie to arrive.

P.S. [Wave] Welcome to Hatrack, Puppy [Wink]

[ July 23, 2004, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well yah, I didn't think it would be vulgar, I mean I'm not that dumb [Wink] , I was just surprised that a story that did contain such a large amount of sexual content was re-done for the stage. [Dont Know]

I suppose you're right though, the sex was really more of a punctuation mark on the life of lies being lived than a necessity for it's description, I'm sure it will be good without it. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ July 23, 2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my friend Mooselet made me feel so welcome, how could I not join? [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kristine! [Smile]

SoCalers, do we want to attend as a group? (Not sure how feasible that will be, but I'd love to.)

Unfortunately, that's a difficult time of year for me, and any time of year I'd only realistically be able to do a Thursday. Turns out only the first Thursday and the last (opening night and October 14) are open on my calendar.

Either of those work for any of the rest of y'all? Or am I going to have to find some non-Jatraqueros to drag along? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked "Lifeloop," it was one of OSC's first stories that I ever read -- I think I even read it in the original SF magazine it was in...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kristine, but doesn't this really belong on the other side?

Rivka, I'm entirely unable to plan that far in advance right now, but I don't know of anything specific that would preclude those days. We'll just have to figure out what to do with the kids (unless Mama doesn't want to go, in which case they wouldn't be a problem). Anyway, I'm sure we'll figure it out in due time.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
theater = american culture, too.

i highly recommend these plays. talented playwrights have adapted awesome stories. i will probably be attending several performances and so maybe i'll bump elbows with a few jatraqueros. let me know when y'all can make it.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Pop -- but since I had requests from people who frequent both sides to put it up both places, I try to make everybody happy [Smile] Guess there is no way to do that.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin* It's on the other side, but notice which one got posted to more? [Wink]

Thanks again for the heads-up, Kristine. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Guess I should've included the j/k [Wink] .
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I apologize, but OSC isn't going to be arriving anywhere near Wisconsin until I graduate and move away.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, Pop. You really need to lighten up.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.