FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm having trouble trying to sleep

Author Topic: I'm having trouble trying to sleep
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
And I blame the internet, coupled with the bookstores.

So many books to read, and each of them have words and concepts and references to other works of literature which are unfamiliar to me, so i head to the internet to find out about these things and then I do and they are fascinating or they are not, but either way I almost invariably come across other titles or concepts I want to review, study or enjoy and then I head ot the bookstore again to buy them or sit there and skim them and then bookstores close and I go to the grocery stores late at night and look at their peridicals sections and puruse the magazines and novels and (though it embarasses me to say so) sometimes ill scribble down a word or idea I dont know much about and go home and look it up on the internet.

How can one SLEEP with all this information out here to be had?!! [Dont Know]

at nay rate I've gotta go look up a word that was in Ishmael that I dont know. Dictionary.com here I come

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I am also having trouble sleeping. Mostly because there's a camera here at work, and if I fell asleep, they'd notice.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Look down a few posts...apparently watching Carson Daly does wonders for insomniacs. [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't having trouble, but then someone made a Green Day reference. [Mad]

[Razz]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

Wasn't my intent, but that Brain Stew does get stuck in the head doesn't it?

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
not like lump...heheh

(monotone)she's lump she's lump she's lump
she's in my head.

Ok ok not the best post for coming out of my long hibernation but ya gots to start somewhere.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.