FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Elimidate is amazing

Author Topic: Elimidate is amazing
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
I have never in my life seen a group of cattier, snottier, shallow people in my life. These people constantly insult each other and point out each others flaws. I want to scream at these people every single time I watch this show. Not only do the 4 girls/guys competing anger me but the person doing the eliminating leaves me flabbergasted. Why do they choose the biggest jerks in the group every time? No matter how much I despise these people on the show I cannot stop watching it. Every turn is an example of trash. Does anyone else share a love for this TV master piece?

I dont watch it alot, but when I see it on TV I cant get enough.

Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I'd rather watch Jerry Springer - I can at least hope that's staged.

Although I suspect you'd enjoy "Cheaters" too.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather have my toenails ripped off than watch that garbage. The same goes for Reality TV.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
No TV can be a blessing sometimes...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

I heard the guy who hosts cheaters got stabbed. But I never know when that show is on so I never get a chance to watch it.
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch for a few minutes, then get irritated and switch the channel for the sake of mental health.

Really, how do they find these kinds of people? Do they really exist? If so, my opinion of the human race--already pretty low--just went down a few points.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

These people must be the worst the human race has to offer. I am always amazed by their shallowness. In tonights episode one guy blew powdered sugar in another guys face, so the other guy threw coffee on him. The girl eliminated the guy who got sugar blown on him. Not the instigator! What is wrong with her!?!?!

[ July 26, 2004, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Promethius ]

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
eek!

one of my ex's friend's was producing (loose term) one of "these shows". glad I passed. the "guy reacts by withdrawing into a comical catatonia!" idea didn't seem to go over very well. Those were my terms and I stuck too 'em.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, not to seem all white trash, but Elimidate's my favorite among the dating reality shows. Not that I watch any of them on a regular basis, but I like feeling smugly superior to the rest of the human race every so often.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly I actually met a guy who was on it two months ago while at work. I couldn't contain my pleasure at realizing that I had no clue what the show actually was until I dug around after he told me. [Smile] It's a pretty nasty piece of work, at least to my sensabilities.

[ July 26, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: graywolfe ]

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders if Lalo could adopt a comical catatonia, funny enough to hold an audience for 20min +/- 5 for commercials +/- 5 for quip commentary*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Graywolfe! Long time. How's life?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

In Atlanta, "Cheaters" is on at midnight, 01:00 or thereabouts.

Check your local listing if you're curious - it's like watching a train wreck.

As for him being stabbed - I'm just surprised it hasn't happened before now.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

heres an article about it

Cheaters host stabbed

TMedina
Member # 6649

Hah. It's been so long since I've seen the show, I didn't know they changed hosts.

I dunno why he has the nerve to be surprised though.

-Trevor

Chris Warrent
Member # 5549

- posted      Profile for Chris Warrent           Edit/Delete Post 
My soccer coach in highschool was on Elimidate.
They fired him...
Christian Highschool

Posts: 28 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I thought I was the only one who tortured myself with bad tee vee.
I don't remember what it's called, but the show with all the bubbles popping up while people date is funny.
But most shows... piffle. Hate them... Loathe them.
Especially DAYTIME TELEVISION!!!!
[Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of Blind Date and Elimidate, when I'm around to watch it. I don't like the Fifth Wheel, though.
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Am doing alright, just going through some major changes (a move out of the bay area etc)and trying to survive 95 degree heat everyday. How about you?
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't even mention Elimidate to me!
I've been waiting since November for them to rerun the episode with Andrea and Tracy fighting in the hot tub (my tape of it accidentally got erased); then, last Friday when they were finally scheduled to show it, it was preempted because of a stupid baseball game.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and I used to watch Blind Date now and then, but only because of the pop-ups making fun of the morons. Why would you go on that show? You know they're gonna say terrible things about you in the bubbles!

After about four episodes we got bored. But it was funny for a while.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be pleased to learn that I found a channel that reruns the show two weeks later, so I was able to get the episode after all.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I speak for all of us, Dobbie, when I say how relieved I am.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my classmates from law school went on an Elimidate/Blind Date type of show.

She is a very pretty and articulate girl and I think she probably went on the show just for fun (she was not hurting for dates... trust me on this).

But the show edited the three hour date down to three minutes of her frowning and saying "WHAT-EVER!" over and over again.

I'm not saying some of those people on those show aren't freaks, but there are some normal people there just for the experience as well. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my classmates from law school went on an Elimidate/Blind Date type of show.

She is a very pretty and articulate girl and I think she probably went on the show just for fun (she was not hurting for dates... trust me on this).

But the show edited the three hour date down to three minutes of her frowning and saying "WHAT-EVER!" over and over again.

I'm not saying some of those people on those show aren't freaks, but there are some normal people there just for the experience as well. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.