FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Survey about blood types and eating habits (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Survey about blood types and eating habits
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, why not. So's not to completely derail Bev's thread:

Please answer the following questions, if you'd like.

1. What is your blood type?

2. What types of food are you most likely to eat, and which will you absolutely NOT eat? Does your eating follow any patterns? Would you consider yourself to be mostly carnivorous, omnivorous, herbivorous, or some combination? (Insectivorous isn't not a choice on purpose. [Wink] )

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
1. A positive
2. I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat any meat (for me that includes fish also). Yeay for veggies!!!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
1. A+
2. Food... eat... now... yum. I'm prone to eat a lot of pastas and meats, though.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
SO, do you mind if I ask why you are a vegetarian? Is it just taste preference?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
1. A+
2. Balanced (yeah right!) Lots of carbs--pots and pasta.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a vegetarian because meat just grosses me out. I don't like where it comes from, and I don't like how it tastes. I prefer a kinder, gentler way of eating. Carrots don't scream, do they? *cringe*

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I heard once that cabbages scream. Hook on up to a machine that measures high pitched frequencies, then chop up another cabbage in its vacinity. [Big Grin]

[ August 03, 2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
O positive and an omnivore. I eat a lot of red meat, but it's lean red meat, we buy from a local rancher and the cattle are free ranging - no hormmones and very little fat.

I try to always eat some fresh greens too, love salads. I also love broccoli, asparagus, and other green veggies. Not much of an eater of fruit, though my kids are - I do drink orange juice (calcium fortified because I don't drink milk)

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
O+

I am an omnivore, but really eat very little meat. I don't like beef, but do like buffalo. It's too expensive though. I usually cook meat once or twice a week, not counting dh's weekly "pizza and processed meat extravaganza".
I eat lots of whole grains, love ceral, sprouted grain tortillas, love love love beans. I love tomatos and peppers, garbanzos in any form. I love cheese TOO much. And of course, the chocolate food group. Does high espresso consumption factor in?

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
A-

I eat a lot of vegetables and grains and I'm not much of a carnivore. I'll eat a hamburger maybe once a year; but I do eat chicken quite often to get my protein.

I also have an inexplicable attraction to salt. I love pickles and pretzels and chinese food. In fact, bring me some potstickers and I'll pretty much be your friend for life.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
A+

I eat a lot of meat, but my favorite foods are bread products. I'm a sucker for baked goods. I'm not big on fruits and vegetables, though there are some kinds that I really like. I love potatoes of any kind. I've been turning away from sweets the last few years, though I still love marzipan unconditionally.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Salt. The rock upon which my life is founded. I love salt. I can eat it all by itself. [Big Grin]

[ August 03, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Verily the Younger ]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
AB+

Almost anything I can easily identify, but simple foods. The more complicated the food, the less likely I am to eat it. Basic food, I suppose.

Call it a survival instinct to Filipino culture. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
See with me, I have a hamburger like.. every day. It's not healthy, I know that, but I really just LOVE hamburgers. Spaghetti is really great. I love spaghetti mostly because of the meat sauce, though. It tastes soooo good. Hamburgers... I think that while I really like them, I just am in the habit of buying them, almost out of routine.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
O-

Vegan vegan vegan starts with v. V is for vegan, that's good enough for me.

And I'm vegan because I feel healthier not eating animal products which I've since lost my taste for. The diet is just habit now. And, of course, by this I mean I'm a vegan because of a girl.

Oh, and Space Opera is a lame-o without the drive to follow vegetarianism to its logical conclusion [Razz]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Tastelessness?
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
1. O negative

2. I eat most things, but prefer potatoes, rice, noodles and bread to meat. I could easily be a vegetarian, but would have a very hard time with low-carb.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
O+

I love fish, but I am an omnivore. I like most vegetables.

I will try anything that is not too spicy hot or is disgusting to look at, like sheep eyes or something.

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I will NOT eat anything that comes out of the sea. Fish or seaweed.

T.Smith, what about a buffalo or turkey buger? They are much lower in fat. In pasta sauce you can't even tell the difference between turkey and beef.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

...or goat. Goat is all kinds of good. [Smile]

Good luck finding it at Smith's though.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Oh yeah, ground turkey is really useful. You just have to soak it in beef boullion first. [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
1. 0*. (* = +/- depending on my mood... actually I don't remember, I'll have to ask my parents...)

2. omnivorous = meat and vegetables at every meal. No meat = no food. Bleah... Only turn vegetarian when I finish my meat.

3. need sleep. If unslept (is that a word?!), can become irritated [Mad]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
BO+,
and I'm an omnivore with a tendency away from red meat. I still eat it, but not that much. Mostly a little ground beef. Otherwise I eat a lot of pasta, rice, and fruit. And if I eat out, it's usually chicken in one form or another.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
1. B-

2. I was a vegetarian, but I have begun to eat meat again for medical reasons. I keep kosher, so I know that the animals don't suffer. I will not eat bananas, garlic, or eggs. I eat a lot of grains and I have a serious sweet tooth.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
O neg

Meat sparingly with all the fat trimmed off. Can't stand gelatinous fat. Crave bananas and strawberries often. Crave spicy stuff always. Have a hard time stopping when eating tortilla chips and salsa. Eat staples and veggies regularly but they don't get me excited.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
1. O something, i believe....

2. I eat all kinds of food. I refuse to eat any type of cooked green leaf, as I am liable to vomit, but I adore all of them raw. I refuse to eat mushrooms or any type of seafood (again, the vomit factor). I generally prefer brown bread over white, but i'm not fussy. I love greasy, fatty, high-carb foods. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
B+

I can't stand veggies/fruits, the texture of most of them squicks me out. I will eat bananas and the occasional orange. I like meat but don't eat it too often. Most of my food is from grain and dairy. Lots of bread, cereal, cheese, milk, granola, pasta, rice... stuff like that.

Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
ah, I thought I was going to be the only B+ until the end there. It's a struggle for me to eat veggies, though I do like them. I do like my starches, and I love meat.

P.S. Historically I haven't been crazy about water, especially if it's chlorinated. I don't know if this started with the Blood type diet, but I find their recommendation on water intake really puzzling.

[ August 03, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"Would you consider yourself to be mostly carnivorous, omnivorous, herbivorous, or some combination??"

1) Interesting that you would ask for blood type without mentioning haemavores.

2) Garlic, lots and lots of garlic.

[ August 03, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
A-, and omnivore!

Basically, if it doesn't eat me first...

Seriously, I like variety...veggies, meats, carbs, whatever, it's all good. I like to try ethnic foods, but I also like a good hamburger on occasion. I'm the polar opposite of a picky eater.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like beans of all varieties, love cheese and eggs and dairy, and like fish, beef, and (less frequently recently) chicken. Local small range cattle and kosher preparation makes for the best stuff.
That's interesting, CT. I've been told, repeatedly, that kashered beef is distinctly inferior in taste to its unkashered equivalent. (Kosher fowl, OTOH, is often touted as better, since they all get the equivalent of a brine bath, which helps make birds nice and juicy.)

I'm O-pos, and so are all my kids (not too surprisingly, as their dad is too). While I like chicken, turkey, and fish -- and to a lesser degree, red meat -- I only eat it a couple times in the average week. Veggies are great, especially crunchy ones. Rice and bread are both better brown, pasta is great, and I generally am fond of carbs. Tofu is yummy! And so are many different soy-based products. Dairy is nice, especially a good brie or cheddar.

My kids, OTOH, would eat meat/fish/chicken everyday if I let them. And if not that, then cheese. LOTS of cheese. And while they can be coaxed to eat vegetables, and even like some kinds quite a bit, they rarely gobble them up. What they do all have in common with me is a major sweet tooth.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! Just cut and paste CT's entry, 'cause that's me, too.

[Grumble] I'm so unoriginal. [Wink]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am B+, and i like all sorts of food, so that makes me an omnivore I guess....

I love meat, red meat best of all. I like chicken and seafood too, but not as much as i like beef.

I LOVE corn, it is my favorite, and all sorts of green veggies.

I like fruit, but am not big on melons. Everything else is good though, with very few exceptions.

I don't like onions as I was allergic to them growing up. Not a real bad allergy, and I outgrew it, but I still don't care for them. I like them in dishes, but I don't care for them raw or mixed in to things too heavily.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
beans of all varieties, love cheese and eggs
Phewww! Hope you live way out in the country.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
B+

I love meat. Mmm, meat. I eat fruits, but few vegetables (onions count, right?). I'm a bit of a food-freak, I really enjoy tasty food.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
O positive.

In heaven I will be able to subsist almost entirely on ice cream, cake, muffins, and pie. As it is, I like pasta, ethnic foods (exotic spices cover up the vegetable taste), rice dishes, and cheese. I'm not a big meat eater, and don't like seafood except sushi, shrimp, and crab cakes. I love yogurt, especially pineapple.

If there's no dessert with dinner, I start to get sugar cravings.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
So what hypothesis are we trying to confirm here?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Bob called me a name [Grumble]

space opera

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if someone has read Eat right 4 your type, but I think it's a pretty silly system- as I mention briefly above. It seems that the authors basically say "no one likes drinking water so don't drive yourself crazy bothering with it." Their whole theory is based on blood coagulation factors, which are very sensitive to dehydration, so I don't take a lot of stock in it.

As for what people prefer, we often have a strong attraction and even an addiction to things that are poisonous for us.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
A+
I tend to eat whatever crawls on... I mean, is put on my plate.

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I like drinking water.

Oh, and I think I discovered my true eating-habit doppelganger.
The other day while the sisters were watching Sesame Street, a little animated bit came on about (and they shouted this whenever they said it): THE GIRL WHO LOVED TO EAT AND TRY NEW THINGS.
I think they were talking about me. I like to try new things, especially if they are from other countries, and I love to eat.

I wonder what blood type THE GIRL WHO LOVED TO EAT AND TRY NEW THINGS had.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I am O. I have a crazy sweet-tooth. I will eat gummy peaches all day if someone doesn't stop me. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I have a hard time eating enough veggies, but no trouble eating lots of fruit. I like meat, but I don't feel the need to have it in large quantities.

I have heard that type O's should eat more meat and veggies. Bad news for me then! [Frown]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
A+

I like most meat, many veggies, and most especially fish. Mmmm, sushi. And dark chocolate (but only the good stuff -- Hershey's is not chocolate). And small, spiky mammals [Eek!] (just kidding, Yozhik). I avoid cheese at all costs, though milk is fine and yogurt is ok in limited quantities.

So, what's the theory here?

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
B+

NOTHING FROM THE OCEAN, no crustacean, mollusk or fish. Can't stand them.

Love pasta, dislike certian common vegetables violently, especially carrots and peas, though I'm fine with many others.

I don't like sugary cereals. My cheerios have to be plain, nothing added. Can't stand Honey Nut cheerios. I do add sugar to cream of wheat. (And I like cream of wheat). Loathe Froot Loops, Capn Crunch, Lucky Charms etc.

Don't like chocolate. I'll eat like as much chocolate as in a snickers bar and that is about it.

Love the Walnut Blondie at Applebees. I suspect I think that is as decadent as chocolate people think their chocolate is.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Carrots don't scream, do they? *cringe*
Only in the Twilight Zone.... Or was it "Tales from the Crypt"?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually don't know my blood type. I refused to prick my own finger during science class blood typing in high school, and I've just never thought to ask my doctor.

As far as what I eat, my own personal food groups go something like this: Beef, Bacon, Cheese, Peas, and Chocolate.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! Applebee's Blondie's are AWESOME!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Um, no they're not.

And I didn't know there was a blood type diet?

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
AB+

I eat anything in sight. I am a growing boy you know.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
A+ and near vegetarian. Low carbs. Cheese, eggs for protein and occasional chicken. No fish or mammals. Lots of non-starchy vegetables like squash, zuchinni, carrots, onion, bell pepper, celery, eggplant, tomatoes.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm O something.

If I just ate what I wanted, I'd eat pretty much nothing but meat, grease, potatoes, and bread. Oh, and candy.

Every time I eat vegetables or fruit it's because I know I should -- it's like taking medicine or brushing my teeth. I even like most vegetables when I eat them -- I just never desire them.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.