FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who is cool and is drinking beer right now this very instant? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who is cool and is drinking beer right now this very instant?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Me? Yes. I, Storm Saxon, am having a delicious Tucher. It maketh the birdies sing more sweetly and puts a smile on the lips of men and women. It creates love where before there was none. It brings children into the world who will drink more beer and continue the yeasty cycle. God bless beer.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
If I pour myself a shot of Nassau Royale right now, will I too be cool?

I have beer in the house, but I'm not in much of a beer mood right now . . .

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
What if I WISH I was having a beer, but am out of beer?

I had a Long Trail Ale earlier.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I get carded every time I buy beer?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Icarus, *you* do not need beer to be cool. Some people are born to beer, others have beer thrust upon them. You, my friend, do not need beer to be cool. Enjoy your Nassau whatever it is while we lesser mortals partake of that which you already possess in abundance.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Mack's theme song

[Razz]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Mack, I thought you weren't supposed to do that anymore.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
So far I see no one on this thread who meets both qualifiers of the question. [Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Not much of a beer drinker. Right now, I'm drinking water, because I'm on my lunch hour and have to go back to work soon. Maybe I'll have a glass of port when I get home tonight, though. Hm.

See, that's how cool I am. I'm so cool, you don't even know I'm cool. [Cool]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

O_O

A toast, then, to people who are cool and/or drinking beer and/or some other beverage!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

and by the way, it's good to "talk" with you again. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Whose "you"? *Crosses finger*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm drinking guaranĂ¡.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm drinking milk

YUM!

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Why . . . all of you, of course!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Icarus,
Are you just saying that because you are drinking?

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the remnants of some mulled red wine sitting beside me in my uber-cool stainless steel goblets. Well, one of them, anyway.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sheriously! I wuv you all!! Eshpecially those of you who talk to me!!!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I'll believe that if you can still say it in the morning, Icarus.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Let me shleep on it . . .
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Baby, baby, let me sleep on it
Let me sleep on it
Let me sleep on it,
I'll give you an answer in the morning..."

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I declare 'The Venture Bros.' to be the official TV show for all who love beer.
[The Wave]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

SS,
Have you ever tried Arrogant Bastard, by the Stone Brewing Company?
(real name of beer, not making a jab)

Icarus
Member # 3162

I haven't tried that one, I don't think, but I have tried Dead Guy Ale and Le Fin du Monde. Both lived up to their names.

Have you tried Dragon Stout, from Jamaica. I have been having a devil of a time finding it since I moved to Central Florida, but I brought three fourpacks back with me when I went to Jamaica this summer. [Smile]

Wanna freak your Latino friends out? Buy some Chinese (?) beer and ask if they want a Tsingao. (You may IM me for clarification . . . )

Have you tried Mexican beers other than Corona and Dos Equis? IMO, those are the worst Mexican beers.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

No! I have not! However, I must say that I like the sound of it!

"Here's your arrogant bastard, sir."

"Wrap your lips around this arrogant bastard."

"I've had enough of this arrogant bastard."

Icarus
Member # 3162

"Take a sip of this Dead Guy . . ."
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Storm. You've definitely put me in the mood for a beer tonight after work. Cheers!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

http://www.stonebrew.com/

Icarus,
When I was in Mexico, I loved Tres Equis. Cheap but great.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I am cool because I just saw Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand in concert. [Razz]

Mmmmmmmm.... Guarana....

Took Porter to a churrascaria for his birthday and he gave me a sip of his absolutely perfect guarana. Heavenly!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm, I am guessing a nice Porter might be your favorite beer to sip, Beverly.
beverly
Member # 6246

Mmmmm mmmmm. [Smile]

Great steak too.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And a nice house! ha ha.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am cool because I just saw Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand in concert.
and I am cool because I own one of their albums [Smile]

Once, this guy in Mexico offered to buy me a cerveza and I ordered an apple soda. He got all embarrased and changed his order to a Coke. I kind of felt bad, but not really. The bar gave us free soup. It was green and really pico and had pig's feet floating in it. But I must say, I've never gotten free soup just for ordering a refresca before.

</pointless anecdote>

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

We just bought two! So nyah. [Razz]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

"Take a sip of this Dead Guy . . ."

Hee. [Evil]
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I am drinking the uncoolest beer possible. Michelob Ultra. Tastes like beer flavored water. Yeck.

Anyway, I'm super cool. Spent friday night drinking the beer, playing the video games, and surfing the web. Looks like my Saturday night will be spent similarly.

[Party]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Hey Sandy,

Is PBR still the thing for the coastal hipsters? We here in Pabst country are still scratching heads over that.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
The answer would be no being that I didn't even know what BPR was until you explained it to me over instant messenger. Either that, or I am not as cool as I thought I was.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I know how cool you are, and it doesn't suprise me you've never heard of PBR. [Razz]

PBR me, ASAP.

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
keep!

One low-life for my curvilinear friend here, and a tall glass of cranberry juice for the host, please?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Water from a beer mug? does that count?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

as?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Still not much of a beer drinker, but this thread is making me wish I had a big ol' bottle of Optimator at hand. I need to give my beer-gourmet buddy a call and see if he can hook me up.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Nothing exciting from me tonight. Just a couple bottles of Killian's and three cloves. Mmm-mm! Nothing beats Indonesian cigarettes and crappy pseudo-Irish beer.
fallow
Member # 6268

Prima Cuervo,

that's not so bad.

fallow

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yeah, I suppose it's better than Busch Lite. I would still rather have a freshly poured pint of Guiness or Spotted Cow. Moo.
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been wavering between two local beers from the hills of Pennsyltucky: one is Straub's Beer from St. Mary's, PA and the other is Yuengling's Original Amber Lager from Pottsville, PA.

Rarely, though, do I drink more than a few beers a week, and never more than two at one sitting. And considering I am stuck at work, by beer and tractor (two great tastes that go great together) must wait until 5PM EST.

But beer is good, and our ancestors have been implicated in discovering alcohol-containing foods and drinks before they discoverd the wheel...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Killian's is the beer with the best cost/taste ratio, IMHO. I was surprised when I learned that Coors of all companies owns it.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Sheriously! I wuv you all!! Eshpecially those of you who talk to me!!! '

As I suspected, Icarus has ignored us all day, even though he "wuvved" us last night when he was drinking beer.
Typical male.
Harrumph.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.