FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Internet Archive: Give it a try!

Author Topic: Internet Archive: Give it a try!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=17069

This is a show from the Horse Flies, a sort of "old time meets Michael Stipe" band.(if you happened to see natalie Merchant on David Letterman last week, Judy Hyman-fiddle, and Richie Stearns-banjo, are members of the horse Flies, and the song natalie played (Sally Ann) was a Horse Flies song)

The archive has TONS of live music from all kinds of bands. You need to pretty download savvy, but my husband claims it is easy. I let him do all the work.

www.archive.org has a list of all the bands who agre to share their music in this way. it is free. It is legal. It is some intense, finely recorded material.

Give it a try!

If you have a band(Calvin, etc) you can put your own music up there, too, I think, but don;t quote me on that.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
*grin* I like archive.org-- it's useful when you want to find an old file that you thought had long ago disappeared... old versions of Hatrack.com and this forum are there, I believe. The movies section is great, and finally got to see the Duck And Cover clip in its entirity.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When you miss a concert, it is great. You want to hear Railroad Earth's cover of Terrapin and The Wheel, but could not make the show?

Download it!

They WANT you to.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're into free concerts, you should check out http://etree.org/
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Richard,
I believe the Internet Archive uses etree as their download center.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.