FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Come to Jerusalem! Many beautiful sights, great people...

Author Topic: Come to Jerusalem! Many beautiful sights, great people...
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I'm not a travel brochure, but I'm the closest you'll get on the board for the time being! I've been here a little over a week so far, studying at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and I'm most definitely settled enough for people to come visit me! [Wink]

I've posted updates on what's new and going on in the hug thread, but from now on (for those of you who care, as many have asked me to keep posting updates), I'll be posting on this thread.

And I'm completely serious about people visiting me, that would be awesome! COME, you won't find a city as amazing as this anywhere else in the world! Just the view from my classroom windows, and stairways, is incredible... it's unbelievable that somebody can actually live here, yet I do! So come visit!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((raia))))) HIIII!!!!

I want peeeeekatures.

[Wave] [Cool]

The D.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((D)))))) Hi! [Wave]

It's actually my birthday in a couple weeks, and I asked my grandfather for a camera, so once I get it, I'll be able to take some and post them! But COME!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! I'm trying to scrounge up bus fare to get my butt down to school to register. >_<

I will most certainly keep it on my goals list, though. [Big Grin]

The D.

P.S.-Happy be-earlied birthday! [Hat]

[ August 10, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Anti-Christ ]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks! I'm almost an adult... wahoo! [Razz]
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
So THAT'S where you are! ::hugs:: How's the weather over there?

I'll try, we'll see... ::dobuts I'll be able to get the money::

BTW, Raia, did you get my present I sent you? ::hopes you did::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((Nini)))))))))))))) Bloomington just isn't the same without you, soon were going to have to form a support group. "NAA" or "Nini Adicts Anonymous" Come if I can. Gah dance class is boring now, no ones their now that your gone. Have a great time!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Rhaegar, you weren't coming even when she was in town so I wouldn't be talkin' [Razz]

<--- has been to almost every dance class.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
*is completely green with envy* [Big Grin]

I had wanted so badly to study at Hebrew University while I was in school (ASU had an agreement with Hebrew University so that I could have used my tuition scholarship there as well), but it never worked out. [Frown]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Come to Jerusalem!
I'm going to! I am! [Big Grin] *dances*

And I need your address, please!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Mayday: I DID, thank you!!! I've been writing you a thank you letter, but I haven't finished it yet, which is why you haven't gotten it yet in the mail... but thank you so much, you are so sweet!!! *hugs Mayday* [Kiss]

Jim: [Wave]

Rhaegar: (((((((((Rhaegar)))))))))) Aww, I miss you guys too! And I think I went to one dance class when you were there, like fugu said, hehe, but that's ok. Anyway, it was fun times, and I miss it!

ludosti: Why didn't it work out? That's a shame, I'm sorry! [Frown] Well, you can come visit me, and be here and stuff!! [Smile]

rivka: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bounce bounce bounce* YAY! YAY! YAY! And check your e-mail, I'm sending you my address. [Smile]

[The Wave]

Raia
Member # 4700

*bump*

So, now that rivka and I are going to spend some time partying over here, are any of you going to join us? [Wink]

(((((rivka))))) [Big Grin] Did I mention how EXCITED I am????

rivka
Member # 4859

Once or twice . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
...a minute... all summer.

*cough* Sorry, thats one of my favorite Harry Potter quotes and I couldn't resist sticking it in there [Smile]

(((((Raia))))) I miss you a ton... but you know that already 0:) I haven't been going to dance class since you left... but then you could have guessed that [Smile]

I asked my mom about the prospect of visiting Israel... and much to my shock I didn't get an instant no, but rather "Its a possibilty I don't really like but I'm willing to talk about it." Of course my dad could still stick a wooden stake in it and... he just might I dunno. I'm switching houses today so I'll be able to ask him. [Eek!]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
...a minute... all summer.

*cough* Sorry, thats one of my favorite Harry Potter quotes and I couldn't resist sticking it in there

Haha, I use that ALL THE TIME. I love that quote, and I'm constantly bringing that into the conversation when people say "once or twice"!

OK, before I respond to the second half of what you said, give me ten seconds here, before I explode...

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10...

Are you SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

That is AMAZING! If your dad doesn't immediately say no (and your dad is awesome, I love your dad, he might very well say yes) then you can come visit too!!!!! Aaaaah! *bounce bounce bounce bounce* I didn't think that was even going to be possible!

How lucky can I get? Rivka's coming for sure (and very conveniently right on my vacation), and Alcon might come! *unable to contain excitement*

*picks up Raia pieces from the floor after explosion*

Not to mention I got to talk to all the KamaConers yesterday! [Big Grin]

(edit: Too many exclamation points)

[ August 16, 2004, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

Ugh... well, I was hopeful. But my dad put his foot straight through it and on down two or three floors. Basically said no way in hell. [Frown] Damn it... sorry to get your hopes up. (believe me, mine were up pretty high too) At least you'll be coming back here to visit... fairly soon. (Right? Right?)

Stupid irrational fears... or maybe slightly rational but still... stupid parents.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Wasn't it nice of the school Raia attends and the one I teach at to coordinate vacation schedules? [Big Grin]

Bummer, Alcon. Would've been great to meet you too. I can understand your parents' worries, although you are far more likely to be killed in a car accident here at home than by terrorists in Israel. Then again, statistics have little to do with emotional response. [Dont Know]

Raia
Member # 4700

Awwww, that's a shame... but yes, I'll be home soon, probably in less than three months, if all goes as planned! [Smile] (((((((((((Alcon))))))))))))

rivka: Agreed, it was MOST considerate! [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused] You're not planning on staying for the whole year anymore?
Alcon
Member # 6645

She means coming home for a visit. Becuase we here at home miss her a ton and couldn't go a whole year with out seeing her [Razz] ...*cough* specially me [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Cool! [Smile]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me or does this thread never gain posts? I could swear it's had 21 posts for the last couple of days....
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

It's just you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.