FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you had a personal motto, what would it be? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you had a personal motto, what would it be?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that movie!!!!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Sometimes being a b**** is all a woman has to hold onto."
Stephen King, "Dolores Claiborne"
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, mate.

[Cool]

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Tom,

Have your mottoes changed at all since 1996? I think we might have to get engaged if not.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is something along the lines of "conduct yourself in such a way that if your children ever ask you hard questions, you won't have to lie to them."

Of course, then there's the whole tooth fairy fiasco ...

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
In the end, chaos rules all.

Alternately:
See, you can keep your hell-I believe in reincarnation.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
at the current point I'm in my life:

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods. Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah!

Good luck. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't dance to look good - I dance to feel good.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

- posted      Profile for Khal Drogo   Email Khal Drogo         Edit/Delete Post 
My Arakhs bigger than yours.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.sakeriver.com/oldwis.php
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
Corwin, the quotation you posted by Alexander Graham Bell is remarkably similar to one I know by Helen Keller:

quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
I am, unfortunately, unable to find references for either quote, so I don't know who said it first.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles* CaySedai, may I borrow your motto?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
saxon, the two knew each other very well, I believe. It wouldn't be surprising if both got it from a third party and changed it slightly, or one was quoting the other.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
resnos
Member # 6730

- posted      Profile for resnos           Edit/Delete Post 
So it goes.
-Slaughter-House Five

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy:

Feel free to use it - I found it somewhere online.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I like

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bi%$*ing. - unknown

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn - unknown

Words build bridges into unexplored regions - you don't want to know

Law of conservation of confusion : The total amount of confusion in this world remains constant. It just gets shifted around

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

that should be enough. they are good things to live by.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.