FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » POPULIST (a down-townster kinda fluff poll)

Author Topic: POPULIST (a down-townster kinda fluff poll)
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
would you vote for Fallow? why not?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on what for. Depends on where. Depends on when.

But probably not. [Wink]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Depends, do you have your own costume ? [Razz]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll vote for you!

Fallow, I imagine you as some cool, geeky, scientist living on the East Coast somewhere. That's voting material if I ever saw it!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good thing you're just imagining, Telp.

fallow is not on the east coast . . . last i heard anyhow . . .

here's my vote - [Razz]

as long as you run under the gollum pose . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I have trouble imagining

just what population Fallow would be a populist of.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
fallow,

Here in Chicago, the question is not whether to vote for you or not, but how many ballots to cast. A related question involves figuring out how many dead people we can get to cast a ballot for you.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
In a related note, in 1972 President Nixon ran a campaign that stressed not listening to the noisy protestors, but vote for Nixon, since he represents "The Silent Majority"

That was quite a term--"The Silent Majority"

It came from Shakespeare.

Of course, Shakespeare was refering to the DEAD!

Basically, Nixon was saying "I'm number 1 with people who don't breathe anymore."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is ironic since all the dead people voted for Kennedy anyways.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 16, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd vote for Fallow. I mean, I've got a super secret thread with him and all. I gave my loyalties over to the dark side a long time ago.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which is ironic since all the dead people voted for Kennedy anyways.

True, Hobbes. But here in Illinois, neither party has a lock on chicanery.

In the southern part of the state, they were stuffing ballots for Nixon.

The theory is that it all kind of evened out in the end - and was the real reason Nixon didn't demand an investigation of the Illinois ballots. It could have gone either way and would have shown that both parties were turning out the living and the dead for their respective candidates. [Smile]

*is never bored reading about Illinois politics*

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I already voted for my favorite cat.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
vote for fallow, huh?? Well, flish, just where do you stand on the issues? Your campaign appears to be all fluff.....

[Big Grin]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.