FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More Kamacon Photos (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More Kamacon Photos
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my contribution.

*frustrated that she didn't get everyone* [Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat, pat*

Not for lack of trying. It wasn't often I saw you without a camera in your hand.

Oh wait, that was when you were fencing. [Wink]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are great, mack! [Smile] I particularly like the last one -- and my friend agrees.

New wallpaper when I get home! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
What is the "precioussss" picture?

Also, there was a "you know who this is by now" and I didn't. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
"my preciousss" is from Gollum

and I was also confused about the "you already know who this is"

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff!

I'm so glad we were able to attend. Even if it was somewhat truncated by the need to get back to work.

<whimper>

But what a great time!

Well met!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Those were fantastic as usual, mac! Great job!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Noah (CalvinMaker) was the one you already should have known. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures!
[The Wave]
So many cute boys! erm...

um.. I mean so many cool people! Yah.. that's what I mean...
[Wink]

[ August 16, 2004, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I'd gone . . .
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. ElJay is freaking gorgeous.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
SO difficult to trashtalk Eddie without being able to put in breaks...
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
:/ Dorkiest picture of me, EVER.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
No pictures of me OR Sophie. Guess we're going to have to invite Mack back for a visit. It was so hard to spend time with everyone. So many people I wanted to get to know more.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos Jamie!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, those really are fantastic.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No pictures of me OR Sophie
Actually, I was going to complain about that.

Mack, I'm sure it's not your fault - it's just that you are so good at photographing kids especially I really wanted to see some of Sophie.

I'll forgive you if I see some in the future.

But I do like the other ones. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

imogen, she did ask me when I first met her to set aside some time for a photo session with Sophie. Alas, the time never presented itself.

I, too, was one of the ones not staying up till 4am. Well, except for brief periods when Sophie would awaken. *smile*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Oh, I know it wasn't her fault.

I'm just living vicariously over here. Virtual kamacon.

Though I'm suprised you weren't up all hours Christy - I mean, I'm sure that both you and Tom have heaps of excess energy at the moment. And lots of time to yourself. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

*laugh* Actually, Tom was up at all hours. He really, really was jonesing for some roleplaying and so didn't go to bed till 4:30 Monday morning. Still, he didn't get a picture either [Razz]

Sophie did marvelously, mostly due to the help of Rivka and Mayday and the other girls who had to steal her from them. *grin* I got several nice breaks.

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem. If Tom and Christy hadn't left Sunday to visit family, and had come back at 3 PM like they said they would, there would've been lots of pictures.

(After all, what's more important--visiting with hatrackers, or visiting with family [Razz] )

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are really some nice pictures. Great work. My pic frightens me, I think that's the 'this is the worst face I can make and still be trying to look half decent' face, but I really was trying [Dont Know] . I'm kinda upset that I missed the group photo though.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I like your picture, Happy Camper. [Evil]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, where were you during the group photo? That IS sad that we didn't get everyone.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Taken after I left I'm guessing. Remember I had to leave at noon. Which was, by the way, far too early. I'm usually one of the ones who will hang around to the bitter end and help clean up. It felt wierd leaving when there were still so many around.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
but Kat the fact that you were the only one in the photo and Tom Davidson and I weren't means that we remain the mysterious Hatrack Trinity...

Are we 3 or are we 1??

(And I was at McDonalds at the time of the picture getting food before I keeled over.)

I bet I'm the only person who lost weight over the weekend. Some of it may be dehydration but I'm 4 pounds lighter than I was on Thursday morning.

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures. [Smile]

Almost enough to make me regret not having gone... but it couldn't be done.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Well, for the people that missed the group photo we could draw in some stick figure representations? And then add a caption "A KamaConner is you" (or maybe "KamaCon - A Jatraquero/a is you")? (Kingdom of Loathing joke) Though Jamie might not want to ruin her photos with something like that.

[ August 17, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

katharina
Member # 827

Banna, I lost about four pounds too...

which of course means that I should forget the desk job and walk around all day every day. [Smile]

----

I'm VERY sad that there is no picture of the three of us, but you know...I don't think we three were in any room at the same time that whole weekend. It's still possible we are all the same person. I'm proud to represent OSC_fan in the group picture.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Someone said they'd photoshop me into the group picture. But the only picture of me that I remember anyone taking is the one with mack and I and as Anne Kate so nicely pointed out I look like a walking zombie. I mean I know I was a walking zombie for a lot of the time I was there, but surely someone took a non-zombie photo of me? Pleeeeeeeeaseee?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see -- pancake house, Burger King, Bennigan's, Chicago-style pizza, Portillo's hot dogs (and on the way home.... Subway, Dairy Queen, candy shop...)

Nope, don't think I lost any pounds at all over the weekend.

[Big Grin]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

kat, in my case there was actually a lot of not eating involved because I was so busy I forgot to until on the verge of collapse.

I had Chick-Fil-A Friday night (thanks dawn and theca, the leftovers are still in my fridge), then Bennigan's Saturday night (Thanks punwit sorry I didn't get the cash to pay you back til the next day after you were gone, I owe your family dinner if you come out here again.) I also didn't eat enough of it because I was talking too much and the conversation was far more fun than eating.

I might have had half of a McDonalds chicken sandwich Saturday Morning (started talking forgot to eat again.) The only thing I remember eating on Sunday was Chipotle. Didn't have the MacNcheese they fixed at my place Sunday night cause I wasn't hungry.

I remember someone saying that it seemed like all they did was eat the whole weekend. Didn't happen for me!

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Good night, AJ, that all sounds crazy. I definitely ate everyday - at least one healthy meal about one Dessert As Meal a day.

I'm sore in the oddest places today. It has to be from diving for a frisbee and sleeping on the floor.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Add three bites of leftover pizza in there somewhere. Oh yeah and the hot dog I ate at Costco with Kat and Noah. That was the first thing I ate on Friday because I didn't have time for breakfast.

I'm weirding myself out about how little I ate, the guys here at work always tease me about forgetting lunch which I do occasionally, but I didn't realize I was that extreme over the weekend. If I had eaten more, I probably would have been more pleasant to be around.

AJ

[ August 17, 2004, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

katharina
Member # 827

I hardly saw you this weekend, now that I think about it. How did that happen? I'm glad I was there early for the Costco trip and stayed later for the Tour, or I wouldn't have seen you at all.

The tour was a blast, by the way. I think AJ was slightly dissapointed in us that the safety glasses were about as fascinating as the lathes.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Where did all those safety glasses end up anyway?

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Umm.... I think I gave mine to you?

Thinking about it, I have no idea. Oh goodness.

[ August 17, 2004, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I left mine on the table just inside the door we entered when we got off the floor.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

not a huge deal. don't worry about it. I'll probably just find a giant pile of them somewhere! People take them all the time anyway.

AJ

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember thinking I hadn't seen you eat very much, AJ. I'm just glad we got you to sleep as much as we did!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

*laugh* Is that what Tom said, 3? I knew it would be an all day thing. I did tell him that we could try to have him go back early, but I didn't realize that it was a 45 min. drive to Wheaton so that became less feasable.

Still, I am sorry to have missed the pictures and the fun Sunday. It was very cool to get a four generation picture with my grandma, mom, Sophie and I, though.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm VERY sad that there is no picture of the three of us, but you know...I don't think we three were in any room at the same time that whole weekend. It's still possible we are all the same person. I'm proud to represent OSC_fan in the group picture.
No, I'm fairly certain there were several times when all three of you were in the hospitality suite at the same time -- just in different corners of a crowded room.

My theory is that y'all are just one person (or maybe two), but moving so quickly that you can appear to be in more than one place at a time. Like electrons. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay pictures!

I wish i had a decent camera...

.. and thought to bring it with me..

.. and then thought to get it out and use it..

.. and developing film. Hmm i have 6 undeveloped film rolls sitting in my room. Wonder whats on em.

think i need another ".." lets see... ah! there we go!

[Hat]
Crazy as always,
Psychotriad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*stab*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm really sad that I didn't get to do photo sessions with the Davidsons and the Mooses [Frown]
imogen
Member # 5485

Mack - I love the photos of Mooselet in action. (So cute. Freakishly so. Maybe he's an alien....)

So you got one member of the clan.

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
It was great finally getting to talk to you, Mack, even if the surroundings were unbelievably dull. The airport would've sucked without you there.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Bernard's Kamacon Pictures are finally up! I apologize for fuzziness, my camera doesn't like me.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Boringest airport ever. Was happy to have you there. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! More pictures! I wanna go back... everyone else with pics must post them soon. [Big Grin] Thank you.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.