FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Computer (and I'm a little scared) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Computer (and I'm a little scared)
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
gullible user
Listening to my tech support friends don't users = gullible like 99% of the time?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
No, because gullible to me implies they don't know any better. I get plenty of users who are willfully stupid. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Listening to my tech support friends don't users = gullible like 99% of the time?
No. I know plenty of "tech support" people who assume the same as well. They usually think that because they equate the familiarity with things like Homestar Runner jokes, the knowledge of "All Your Base" origins, and an average of six or more hours a day on the internet with not being gullible. Most virus infection data is inflated by the virus companies to get more sales of their products, since most viruses out there rarely get above a 10% infection rate of machines out there (often far less).
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, there is only one IDE plug/port (thingy) on the motherboard, and that's for the DVD-rom and the CD-RW. The hard drive that came with the system uses a different connection, and I can't remember what it's called. There are free power plugs but they are also a different variety. I think I'm gonna look for the stuff I need to externalize that drive.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, okay, you're using a serial-ATA (SATA or S-ATA) drive. Gotcha; makes sense now.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.