FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200 (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: My Fertility Odyssey - Is Over: Doing Great - hCG 2200
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
:looks down at pajama pants and husband's old T-shirt:
Werd, romany.

But here's hoping for March.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M))) I'm thinking of you a lot too. Thanks for the update and here's to a very fertile March!! It can only be a good omen that it's your birthday month...and mine too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
You sure you want a Capricorn? Capricorns tend to be pessimistic, rigid, overly conventional, miserly and fatalistic.

On the other hand, they are also practical, prudent, ambitious, disciplined, patient, careful, humorous and reserved.

[Wink]

Isn't it amusing that if you are born on December 20 you are fatalistic and pessimisic, when if you'd only been born hours earlier, you'd be blindly optimistic?

Other traits for Sagittarius include careless, irresponsible, superficial, tactless, and restless. The good ones are optimistic, freedom-loving, jovial, good-humored, honest, straightforward, intellectual, and philosophical.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is hoping for a good March... My son was concieved in March and he was born Dec 20th 2003 so good luck, My Prayers are with you Mrs.M

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs M, I think of you and Andrew quite often. I hope everything will be OK for you. I even have a stupid advice for you : hot flashes are know to make sweat, right ? Well, I just bought the best deodorant in the world, nearly no odour of itself but you can't smell your own either, so if you think you could need it, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the name. [Smile]

[ February 01, 2005, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs.M, when in March? Jenni and I are both March babies.... [Big Grin]

I was looking for you after the Pats game. Oddly enough I couldn't find any Steelers fans for a while after it.
Hmmmm, go figure.

That is what happens when 2/3 of the Pats are healthy.

Just think how many interceptions there would have been if Ty Law had been healthy too... [Evil]

Honestly, it was a win-win game for me. I am glad to see the Steelers do so well this year, it has been a long time coming, hasn't it? I think they have a real winner there with their quarterback, and the future look pretty bright for them.

Just not this year! [Big Grin]

Good luck in March, it seems to be a lucky month around here.

Kwea

[ February 01, 2005, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, I grow organic red raspberry leaf and dry it-I brew it by the pitcher and keep it in the fridge. If you'd like some, I can send you some of this year's crop and a nice linen teabag.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M I really hope everything goes well for you in March, I am sorry about the cyst. I missed it, but what surgery are you going to have if everything does not work out?

Side Note:
Will someone please respond to one of my posts. The only ones who bother are Mr. Porteiro Head and Beverly, and that is because they know me. I have been reading posts at Hatrack since 2002, so I feel like I know everyone. I realize you don't know me because I am a terrible poster, but I feel very shunned and I don't know what I did wrong.

Mrs. M, I am very sorry to put that bit in my post because it has nothing to do with your fertility odyssey. I feel like I have committed a huge faux pas, but I am frustrated. Just so you know, I really am infertile, my husband and I have been trying to become parents for over 8 years (We have been approved for adoption for almost five years but have not yet had a child placed in our home). I really do have PCOS. Maybe my comments aren't helpful. I just feel like I've been there, done that and I want to help by letting you know that someone else on Hatrack has been where you are.

Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Don't worry about it, 4ever, I'm sure she appreciates your thoughts, having gone through some of this yourself.

I would start a new thread about the other stuff (although I think someome has done that for you, if you look at the front page)if you want to discuss it more, though.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the delay in responding, y'all, but Andrew came home yesterday and I was busy welcoming him back. [Wink]

skrika03, I wore Andrew's t-shirts when he was gone. They come to my knees b/c he's so tall and are very, very unflattering. Comfortable, though.

Cool, Narnia. I'm the 9th, when are you?

Kayla, I think Andrew's a Capricorn - he's Jan. 9th. He's pretty optimistic, though, and very impatient.

Thanks, Nicole. Not much longer till the terrible twos, huh? Good luck.

Thanks, Anna. Actually, I have a condition where I barely sweat. It's crummy, because my body can't cool itself down. I've passed out from heat exhaustion more times than I can count (once on a NYC bus - yuck). I'd still like to know about the deoderant, though - all the ones I can find are heavily scented, which I hate.

Kwea, I was walking around in a daze, trying to figure out what happened. I have never seen anything like that game. Next year. So we're up to 4 March Hatrack birthdays. Cool.

[Smile] Belle

dread pirate romany, that is such a kind offer and I think I am going to take you up on it! Thank you!

School4ever, we do know that there's a chance that we'll never have a biological child. We're going to adopt a little girl from China. We plan to do that whether or not we do have biological child, because it's very, very unlikely that I'll be able to have more than 1 successful pregnancy and we want more than 1 child.

You haven't committed a faux pas at all. I'm glad that you spoke up and I'm sorry that you're feeling shunned. I am glad to hear from another PCOS sufferer, b/c I know that you really understand what I am going through. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long to adopt. I think that's the worst thing about battling infertility - the waiting. Month after month goes by and nothing happens. Meanwhile it seems like everyone you know is having babies. It's so frustrating. I'd love to talk more with you about it. I tried to email you, but you don't have your address in your profile. Please email me if you ever want to talk. And keep posting - the more you're around, the more folks will talk with you.

BTW, your comments have been very helpful. You reminded me that I need to exercise more, because it's so important for women with our condition.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail me your address at cymoril3 at yahoo...I will try to get it right out (one of the kids 'misappropriated" the packing tape.)
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

Just a hug, that's all.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
trying to figure out what happened.
Pretty simple, Mrs.M...we were the better team. By a lot.

Just like I told you we were! [Evil]

Still, I was impressed with Ben being able to come back so strong in the second half. It wasn't nearly enough, but it speaks volumes about his ability and character, and bodes well for the future of PA football.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Aso, if you hate sented deodorents, try using Mitchem, it is great. I have a condition that develops under my arm sometimes in the summer, and it can be painful. I have been using Mitchem for years because of it, and it is great.

Kwea

Narnia
Member # 1071

I'm the 22nd.

[Smile]

So Mrs. M is the 9th
I'm the 22nd.

Kwea is...?
JenniK is...?

We need to have a March birthday party here on hatrack. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read through this thread for the first time, and I wanted to add my good wishes to those that have already been given. I had no idea about all that was involved in a process like this. I admire your strength.

Oh, and I'm rooting for the March conception as well, because it's my birthday month too (the 11th). [Smile] We definitely should have a Hatrack party.

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Today I'm having my ten thousandth pelvic ultrasound to see whether the cyst went away on its own. If it hasn't, we'll schedule the surgery. If it has, we'll start the needles.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everything goes well, Kira Sr.

((hugs))

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
My hopes are with you, Mrs. M [Smile]

quote:
We need to have a March birthday party here on hatrack.
Narnia, if you look in the Birthday thread there are lots of March Birthdays, including myself [Smile] . And twinky, although not listed there, also seems to be a March birthday (see the hatrack.ca thread).

It's a good month to be born in [Big Grin] .

[ March 14, 2005, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Fingers crossed!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM))) I hope all goes well.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm praying for you.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Whoo Hoo!

Finally, some good news - no cysts. I start the clomid today and the shots next week. I am so relieved that I'm almost not nervous about the shots.

I also had an EKG for a study on the effects of clomid on heartrates. My heart is fine.

As always, thanks for the loving support. It is a great comfort to me.

Derrell
Member # 6062

[Cool] Best wishes for a successful outcome.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I had been wondering how all this was going. I am glad that everything seems to be going OK now, and I am still thinking and praying for you are your family.

Kwea

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck for the shots, hopefully march really was the good luck you were looking for.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I TOLD you that March was the best month. [Smile] I will keep my fingers crossed!!
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Yayy!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

WONDERFULL!!! I hope March is the month. How does a New Year's baby sound?
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so happy to hear some good news... I have been wondering and praying for you... yay!! [Party]
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay ! I'm happy for you !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

And now we're at the point in this fun process where I completely lose all control over my emotions. Which is a big deal for me, because I'm both repressed and high-strung. Not to mention the OCD. I knew it was going to happen and I knew that they had me on a much higher dose of clomid, but it still freaks me out. Today, I sobbed when the church choir sang This Little Light of Mine on some show. It wasn't even that well done. I also cried nonstop from about 10pm til about 1am for no reason whatsoever. I have cried more these last few months than in my whole life. Literally. I'm not a crier. My mother says that I rarely cried, even as a baby. She even took me to the doctor because of it.

I also became hysterical with laughter while I was asking Andrew stupid questions about game theory. See, a hobby of mine is to ask astonishingly stupid questions about subjects that people have a humorless interest in (I mean that they are humorless about their interest, not that their interests are humorless). Their reactions are priceless and I don't feel guilty at all because I have no sympathy for humorlessness (I don't understand it either - I love making fun of myself). I find this to be particularly true with certain types of hard-core sci-fi fans. Andrew's not that hard-core, but he does have some things that push his buttons. Like Battlestar Gallactica - the new version. I watched a couple of episodes with him (see, I gave it a chance) and asked him why the robots hate humans and why don't they all fly back to earth. He gave me this long explanation about how they made the robots and earth got blown up or something and they're looking for a new planet they can live on and all this. And at the end of the spiel, I gave him my pretty look #6 and asked, "Why don't the robots help them?" He practically screamed, "The robots are their enemies!" Which, of course, led me right back to the beginning, "How can robots have enemies?" Anwway, I couldn't even get through my first stupid question about game theory (which was, naturally, which game are they talking about?).

In other news, new Alias tonight. I love Alias.

Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
My emotions have been whipsawed recently too Mrs. M. [Smile] [Frown]

Ask him why a determined player can't win an indeterminate game. [Razz]

Hope you feel better. ((Mrs. M))
Morbo

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

Your question game sounds really evil. Mrs M. [Smile]

Whenever I am sick, I get very emotional. It's so startling. I'll start sobbing at sad commercials, good previews, touching online posts, you name it. I can't imagine purposely taking hormones that do that. Hopefully you won't have to do this for very long.

[ March 16, 2005, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

"Whipsawed" is a fantastic word, Morbo. Very apt. I'll ask him, but then he might tell me.

Theca, it is a pretty evil, but extremely fun. It's certainly provided me with countless hours of entertainment.

I'm nervous today, again for no reason. I have a voice lesson and I'm nervous about that, even though my professor is extremely nice and patient (and talented). Oh well.

At least Alias is on tonight. I'm obsessed with that show and with reading the recaps on TWoP and watching the seasons 1-3 dvds.

[ March 20, 2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Mrs.M ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

(((MrsM))) I hope all goes well.
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Moodswings are goooood. I think becoming a mother, from the very beginning, even pre-conceprion, permenantly rewires our brains to cry at things that never would have phased us before.
Belle
Member # 2314

My sympathies are with you, Mrs. M - I remember well the clomid mood swings.

Maybe it's a sign you'll have a good outcome, as I did?

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, Derrell, dpr, and Belle.

Yesterday I did my first injection. It was much, much easier than I'd anticipated and didn't hurt at all. I did it in the dining room - I cleared and sterilized the table and laid all of the paraphernalia. I made Andrew wait in the living room - things like this are easier for me to do without an audience, but I wanted him nearby. I got the pen ready and went for it. I felt like a jerk when it was over - that's what I've been dreading? Oh well, chalk it up to hormones.

Two more days of injections, then I see the doctor for yet another pelvic ultrasound and blood work.

On an unrelated note, I really like my new iPod mini.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you; I think I'd really have trouble injecting myself.

Still praying and hoping things go well for you.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

*Grin* I knew you'd find the injections amazingly easy. No way you'd have believed me beforehand, though. Great!
Derrell
Member # 6062

Continued best wishes for a successful outcome.
Kwea
Member # 2199

wOOt!
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.