FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Coyote Kings of the Space-Age Bachelor Pad

Author Topic: The Coyote Kings of the Space-Age Bachelor Pad
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Folks. The title of this thread also happens to be the title of an excellent new book by an up and coming young science fiction author, who goes by the alias of Minister Faust.

Minister Faust, aka Malcolm Azania, also happened to be my grade 9 english teacher. He's a great teacher, a wonderful human being, and as it turns out, an excellent author. Previously he had written a children's book, the only known copy of which sits in the archives of the Edmonton Public Library's main branch (There are probably more copies, but it's the only one I've ever seen). He's also written a few short stories, and a fair bit of poetry.

Most recently, he ran for a seat in the Canadian Parliament as an NDP Candidate for Edmonton Strathcona. He lost to the right-wing candidate, which is really no surprise, this being Alberta.

Here's the Amazon link for his book, which is really damn good. I wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't think the book was worth a recommendation, so I hope you'll find a way to read it. I don't know how well it will be distributed in the US, but clearly it can be purchased at Amazon.

I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of the first edition, so hopefully he'll be famous one day, and I'll actually own a book that's worth something.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sets the picture-in-picture of the Space-Age Wizards' Bachelor Pad's giant screen TV to monitor the olympics on all five NBC channels.*

*Stretches out on the trampoline and sips some Ent draught.*

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never understood on Amazon -- how some books that are "just released" (like this one, August 3rd) already also have auction offerings in the "new and used" section. Surely there can't be used ones out there already?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.