FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FREE: To A Good Home

Author Topic: FREE: To A Good Home
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the drill:

I got a friend of mine a kitten for her birthday.

Unfortunately, she can't afford it.

So...

Anyone up for a road trip to Baton Rouge for a cat?
---
Specifics:

It's well fed--well, it looks that way
8 week old male
Two shots--needs two more, with a shot record and vetrinarian card to call
---
Please guys, any help will do. I'm also willing to make road trips if I need to.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
If she doesn't have any luck finding a home for it, check in the net for no-kill shelters in the area. I'm sure there's at least one. Good luck!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone up for a road trip to Baton Rouge for a cat?
How much does it cost to Fed Ex a kitten?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
you might have been joking, but my neighbor once had a puppy UPSed. If this kitten were closer I would be interested, not that I need a kitten or anything but...
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
This is kitten season, unfortunately. A friend of mine at work is trying to find homes for a litter of kittens whose mother gave birth to them in his neighbor's shed. The neighbor dislikes cats, and my friend's pleading, along with his efforts to find them a home as soon as they can be taken from their mother (they're a month old, so probably in about another month or so) have kept her from trying to kill them with rat poison. [Mad]

Luckily, he's actually having some luck in finding takers. If he can't find others to take them, my wife and I will be adopting some more cats, I'm afraid. Our current cat isn't going to like that too much.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh - pay for the gas and I'll be happy to drive from Atlanta to Baton Rouge and then on to wherever to hand-deliver the kitten.

A road trip might not be a bad way to waste a couple of days.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe. No, I will not FedEx the cat, sorry Dag.

If you really really want to drive that far, sure.

---
NOW INCLUDED:

1 Medium Size Pet Taxi
1 Flea Collar
1 Small Bag of Kitten Chow
1 Jug of Kitty Litter
1 Plastic Litter Box
1 Food/Water Bowl
2 Catnip Toys

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Snicker - let me know where the kitten is going and I'll check my calender of events.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Tops, by this weekend.

Or we COULD FedEx it... Overnight mail... [Evil Laugh]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Or I could feed it to a dog, because dogs rock.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Why y'all gotta hate on the small varmints? First my duck, now this poor, little kitty cat. [Cry]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Storm, my prejudice is only against cats.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I already have a cat that I will probably have to have back-declawed soon. She's already front-declawed, but the apartment complex I've applied for requires complete declawing. (Sorry Comet.)

I even considered finding a home for her so I wouldn't have to do this to her, but my daughter Cayla wants so bad to keep her. I'm torn.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Keep the cat. Do what you have to do.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Hehe. I might give it to a friend's mother. We'll see, we'll see.

Too bad I'm alergic, I could keep it. I'll bet he'd get along great with my huge weimaraner Grace.

jacama
Member # 6291

- posted      Profile for jacama           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't the pups in "Where the Red Fern Grows" arrive via USPO?
Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

And the little bundle of fur and trouble is going where?

-Trevor

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I wish I could help out with that!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Re: "Red Fern":

I don't know how the pups got to the station, but I know Billy walked there on barefoot to pick them up, and carried them home in a gunny sack with two holes cut in it.

Maybe they did...if I remember correctly (ha ha) they were playing around a wooden crate when he picked them up?

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(the scene - The Tick and Arthur sneak into an Evil hideout)

The Forehead wonders, "Wait a second - something smells fishy here. I don't think you guys are villains!"

The Tick responds, "Oh no, We're - we're bad."

Arthur: "Oh yeah, the worst!"

"OK, if you guys are so evil, why don't you just... EAT THIS KITTEN!" Forehead yells, pulling a cat out of nowhere.

Tick: "What? No way, Mister! That's just wrong!"

The Tick, picking up the kitten by the scruff of it's neck in his teeth, says, "We'll take that kitten, you wretch! How dare you! I knew evil was bad, but eating kitten is just plain, plain wrong! And NO ONE should do it, EVER!

Sorry, it seemed appropriate.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You can ship animals. I mean, you can't just drop them in the slot at the post office, but you can certainly ship them. Ask AJ - I know that breeders often do that, because top breeders may have buyers for their pups from all over the world.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Sorry, Trevor, but my roommate snatched the cat up. She's keeping it at her boyfriend's house.

Lesson learned: Don't take free stuff without talking to people first. [No No]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Snicker - I didn't take any free stuff. I was just volunteering to play chauffer. [Big Grin]

I'm glad the kitten has a good home.

-Trevor

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
somehow I see a scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer where they're playing Kitten Poker...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Not the kind of kitten I care to poker, but to each their own.

-Trevor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.