FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Postcards from Vacation Land

Author Topic: Postcards from Vacation Land
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
In deference to rivka's request for postcards [Big Grin]

Friday, August 27

Dear Hatrack,

What a great day! Nathan is all packed up and heading off to a 4-day camp filled with swimming, canoeing, archery, rock climbing and all sorts of fun and games. This means three nights for mom to party! I'm not sure I remember how . . .

However, I am shortly heading downtown for a lovely relaxing massage - and I can't begin to express how lovely the quieteness is around here. And then I am going to wander through shops and spend as much time as I want browsing. I am sooo excited.

Love,
Shan

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Shan,

Sounds like a great time! Enjoy! [Big Grin]

Rivka

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This means three nights for mom to party! I'm not sure I remember how . . .

Yeah. That's not what I heard. [Razz]

Enjoy your well-deserved rest Shan!

Beren

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Saturday 28, 2004

Dear Hatrack,

The massage was great - so was coming home and cleaning my carpets and the fireplace. It sure is quiet without Nathan around. [Frown] But I am sure he is having a blast at camp. [Smile]

On the other side of things, an old beau from - good golly - eight years ago! would like to take me out for a date! [Cool] I wonder where we'll go . . .

As for the day ahead - I am off to hike in the PNW rainforests and along the ocean.

Cheerio!
Shan

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Go get'em tiger. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Dear Shan,

Ooooooh, a date! How fun! Let us know how it goes/went.

Love,
Rivka

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Dear Hatrack!

I followed my nose and landed in a local church during a "compline" service the other night. It was all chanting - and it was absolutely gorgeous! So peaceful and relaxing - the acoustics were stunning - but then, I suppose architects plan for that sort of thing.

I also wandered amongst some unusual sand sculptures: castle-building during the warm afternoon.

Picking Nathan up today from camp - have a couple of day trips planned before we head over to Grammy's on Friday . . .

Ciao,
Shan

rivka
Member # 4859

Dear Shan,

Sounds like you are taking advantage of your vacation -- good for you!

You know, you didn't answer my previous question . . .

Love,
Rivka

Shan
Member # 4550

(giggles)

we are PLANNING, rivka . . . . [Big Grin]

michael thompson
Member # 6822

- posted      Profile for michael thompson   Email michael thompson         Edit/Delete Post 
sweetness!!!
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Plan faster. Some of us are trying to live vicariously here! [Big Grin]
Shan
Member # 4550

Fantasy Date Option #1: Dinner on a cruise ship out of Seattle.

Fantasy Date Option #2: Cessna to Ocean Shores for an afternoon of fun in the waves and an evening of Irish food and pub brew.

Fantasy Date Option #3: Quiet walk under the moon and stars near the Puget Sound, capped off with drinks in a cozy cabin with a fireplace and couch built for two.

How's that, rivka?

Ready for reality? We'll probably take his daughter and my son along for the ride for dinner, a park, and a movie - because we're both too shy and cautious - it must be age. [Big Grin]

Mikey? Is that you? [Smile]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fantasy Date Option #3: Quiet walk under the moon and stars near the Puget Sound, capped off with drinks in a cozy cabin with a fireplace and couch built for two.
oh I LIKE this idea.... save that one for when you don't have to have youngsters with you!

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*twinkle* Shan, I must be old and cautious, too. Because the reality actually sounds more appealing (at least for a first date) to me than any of the fantasy dates. (Not that they're not cool. They are wonderful -- wonderful fantasies.) Most of the time, I like living in the real world. [Smile]

Have fun! [Big Grin]

michael thompson
Member # 6822

- posted      Profile for michael thompson   Email michael thompson         Edit/Delete Post 
shan,

yes. me.

hoping you arrive back home with something NOT worth agrandizing for the insufferable gossips of the HT.

mallow (<- super cool new nick!)

mike

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

September 2, 2004

Dear Hatrack!

Nathan and I spent the day yesterday at the Seattle Center. We explored the new sci-fi museum (nifty cool!) and the Science Center (dino's and butterflies!), played miniature golf, rode the little kids roller coaster, visited the fountain -and the best find of all! A Dr. Who pinball machine! Wow!

Tomorrow we leave for the other side of the state to visit family. I have your list of tactful, fun conversation changers handy! Keep us in your good thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Shan

rivka
Member # 4859

Dear Shan,

Science museums are teh awesome! [Big Grin] Glad y'all had fun.

Good luck with the relatives!

Love,
Rivka

Shan
Member # 4550

September 6, 2004

Dear Hatrack!

The visit with family went quite well and would you believe I didn't even have to use ANY of the common sense suggestions on how to tactfully change the conversation!

Our time was relaxed and low key with lots of fun activities such as bicycling, blue grass festivals, water parks, scenic train rides, and hikes.

Tomorrow is the last day! I am going to quick fast get Nathan ready for his first day of 4th grade and me ready to go back to work, and then we are spending the day in comfy clothes, reading and watching movies! Yeah!

Adieu,
Shan

[Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

Dear Shan,

Isn't it great how being prepared often means you radiate the confidence that means you don't actually need what you prepared?

So glad the visit went well!!! [Smile]

Have a fun last couple days of free time.

Love,
Rivka

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Glad to hear the visit was a success. Still a little bit disappointed that you didn't get to use teh "run down" line though. [Smile]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*three cheers for Shan*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Awwww, Beren - but the "stories" went over well. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.