FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Unplugged (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Unplugged
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
goody added to daytime maybe list. Saturday daytime sounds fun, how old are the kids, I think jenny is bringing her 6 year old daughter, but that's the only person younger than stryker I know of.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
how cold is the lake going to be?

*likes cold water*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no clue, but the paper says it will be 82 today, so cooler than that. The air temperature today predicted high is 84, so that might be about normal. I'll post a weather report including water temperatures as we get closer.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
goody added to daytime maybe list. Saturday daytime sounds fun, how old are the kids, I think jenny is bringing her 6 year old daughter, but that's the only person younger than stryker I know of.
Mine are 7 and 11, both girls. [Smile]

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be able to bring a six-person tent and some other stuff, but I doubt I could take off work Friday of whenever it is. Bills must be paid.

I could probably also pick up at least one person from Cinci or elsewhere along the way, as long as they did not mind staying only one night. My truck is extended cab, but the back is cramped. Gas money would be appreciated but not required.

I have:

Tent
Portable stove
Some extra sleeping bags, but not sure if I will be allowed to borrow all of them
Possible extra air mattresses, if my dad lets me borrow them
Ridge rest
Chairs
Coolers, but I would rather not take them if possible
If for some reason it was desired, I have a candle lamp.

I will have to make sure I have nothing really big happening that weekend, but otherwise I am a definite for the 23rd-24th. So I guess that makes me a probably.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

danzig added to my maybe list. Thanks.
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I will have been working for 12 hours Friday night and Saturday morning, and off at six, so if I am picking anyone up it will have to be fairly early in the morning, (7:30 or 8:00 am) or late afternoon. (4:00 or 5:00 pm)
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but that's the only person younger than stryker I know of.
I'm older than Allegra, thank you very much. [Taunt]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I thought allegra would be out of town that weekend. Which made you the baby. [Taunt]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

bump for weekend people
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I am attending this function.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*we're speeding towards the date of hatrack unplugged and then suddenly, Bump* I hope that wasn't some ones pet we just ran over..... I think... I need a nap. *speeds up so we get there sooner*
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Beyerchic and I are arguing, would you guys rather look for items on a scavenger hunt, or take pictures?

Stryker

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Breyerchic thinks that it would be easiest and cheapest if we had a scavenger hunt in which pictures were taken digitally of cool places in town from a list. But styker thinks that you should dig in the trash and bring back an empty bag of popcorn from an evil kerasotes theater.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a picture scavenger hunt. It makes a lot more sense than having people spend tons of money on worthless stuff. And it can be really funny, it allows much more personality, since you have to take pictures with you in them.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

here is my list:

an IU item (no clothing), a crown, a bribe for the judge (no money, or illegal items that would warrant more than 60 days in prison), a wheel barrow, a picture of kirkwood (printed and not from digital), proof that BHSS is the best highschool in town, a bottle of cheap vodka (with a reciet, if theres a tie the cheapest bottle wins), a used simon gift card, an essay on why Stryker is a cool name, something with the BSA symbol on it, a napkin from pizza magi, a popcorn bag from the movie theatres, mary ellis's singiture (we'll have to hide her), a pink flamingo (plastic), a childrens book (must have plenty of pictures so i can understand it),

and creativity gets lots of bonus points

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

i like my list better, we cane break into 3 teams and see what happens
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

sanity wins. We are combining the lists, a bloomington person in each group, the last item will be "a hatrackers house" but it can't belong to the person from that group.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Sounds very fun.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

when did the thread title change?

*rest deleted because I am sick of how I sounded*

[ September 09, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

PLan your dam scavenger hunt, and i'll worry about the sites and tents [Taunt] and clearly you didn't look at the map very long or you would know that 1,2,3 B7 53 are far better

[ September 08, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

learn to read a map
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I can!
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
See, this is NOT how I imagine being "unplugged". I'm thinking, aren't there like, WOODS or anything? I'm willing to plan outdoor adventure activities, but cartripping is going to be complicated.

One of the things I like about camping is that it is slow, and very laid-back. We absolutely must have a campfire, for instance. With S'mores. And music. Anyone play folk songs? And I'll be happy to let Abby (the six-year-old) lead a hiking expedition. You'd be surprised at what this kid knows. A couple days ago, we were talking about memes.

I'd bring my kayaks, but we don't yet have a carrier for them.

I'll call the breyerchic and see what she's got for Outdoor Resources.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

would your kids like it if I managed to bring a pump and balloon animal balloons?

I can sing folk songs, but playing eludes me

[ September 09, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Kid would love, husband would hate. He has hyperacusis, which is an extreme sensitivity to noises. Balloons make him jumpy, because they have a tendency to pop unexpectedly and give him excruciating pain. Balloons, in our house, are Evil.

Of course, he might not be coming anyway, because of working on our house. In his potential absence, I'll try to bring my teenaged sister.

If you do bring balloon stuff, of course be careful we don't leave any bits around to harm the local wildlife.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

Yeah, I'm good with picking up balloons. After babysitting for a family with a lot of pets, I'm very used to picking up balloon bits.

Doesn't sound like a fun problem for your husband [Frown]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

No, it's not a fun problem. But he uses earplugs when, for instance, we have to go see Abby sing in the kindergarten program. We don't go to concerts or big games or anything. It also seems to be connected to either his allergies or stress levels, since it is worse when he is weaker emotionally or physically.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I will gladly participate in activities, but the whole point of having the camping trip is just sitting around out in nature and absorbing and enjoying it IMO. We DID so much running around at Kama Con. I just want to BE. Also splitting up the group means that we don't all have similar shared experiences and memories, and feel like we've missed out on something.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok I see what you are all saying, but I just thought that we should have one activity, and the idea of a scavenger hunt became very fun in our eyes then got played with for long periods of time and over did itself. It can probably be less than 2 hours, on saturday early afternoon. The hikes will be great too. Jenny, I'm about to email you my cell phone number, it's better for reaching me right now.

I have yet to be anywhere with stryker that didn't include a campfire, smores, and singing.

Ooh and go Abby, I don't even understand Meme's.

[ September 09, 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

quote:
One of the things I like about camping is that it is slow, and very laid-back.
Wow, I think I remember someone saying this before the scavenger hunt idea, Beyerchic.

Jenny as far as outdoor resources go, we have a multitude of options in the area. I always have and will continue to enjoy the Charles Deam Wilderness (five minute drive from our campsite). The wilderness has many well well kept and well marked trails that I frequent. There also is the fire tower which is quit entertaining. Our Campsites are also on The Monroe Reservoir.

Edit: Now I'm content

[ September 09, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, breyerchic, I was looking at your list. It's "fiazko" and I'm a definite. No more letting AJ spell for you. [No No] [Smile]

[ September 10, 2004, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone coming have a problem with dogs? We're thinking of bringing along Max. He will be on a leash at all times and is very friendly. Hiking with him should not be a problem, since we used to take Licorice (who was smaller) on hikes quite often. I just wanted to make certain everyone is cool with Max tagging along.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I am 100% cool with it, I was thinking about bringing mine, but he doesn't like stryker, so thats out.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Dogs.... I like Dogs... Dogs are fun... Bring the Dogs...
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I can come as a daytimer...I live in B-ton, but I'm not real wild about camping so I think I'll visit with you guys during the day but sleep indoors.

Furthermore: *bump*

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe there are so many bloomington people that I didn't know about!
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think there were three I didn't know about. I'll add you to the daytime list, stray.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

*bump*
BannaOj
Member # 3206

was thinking about this yesterday. I think I'm going to have to buy another sleeping bag. The one I had is pretty thrashed and like the zipper is broken and doesn't close at the feet. And it is probably going to get cold enough at night that I would want it.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably not a bad idea...at the rate things are cooling down here, it could be downright frigid by October!

[Angst] <--shaking and blue from cold

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

or it could finally hit 90
BannaOj
Member # 3206

So dogs are allowed at the campground for sure? I don't think I'd bring all of mine. It depends on who is showing that weekend. I'm not sure the Doberman is socialized enough and whether I want to deal with the handful he could be. But if Jake is showing I'd have no problems bringing Ciara along for fun.

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Dogs are allowed for sure (must always be on leash, but that's the only rule they list).

All Bloomington people available, can we try to please have a meeting October 2nd or 3rd, I don't care where. Just to go through some plans. We can call other's, to go through other stuff.

Oh yeah and I need to stitch the hole in my sleeping bag (thanks for the reminder AJ).

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

How would a planning meeting October 2nd work for bloomington people, maybe out at Paynetown? People that really should attend, stryker, fugu, megan, and rhager. It's not that big of deal just to get some things organized.

Oh and Stryker says AJ must bring a dog.

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

2nd sounds good to me, but not at payne town, we'd have to pay to get in
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
The 2nd is fine with me, as long as it's in the afternoon. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

hey Purdue Gang that I'm picking up. What time will you guys be out of classes that Friday? I'm trying to figure out if I should take a half or a whole day off of work.

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok, not paynetown works for me. So does only afternoon, I don't like mornings very well
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

How about Stryker's house on October 2nd. Planning meeting, he can tell you the time, but I require arriving between noon and dark, can last any ammount of time. He lives near smithville if that helps anyone.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.