FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Taking a trip to the Middle Ages... anyone want to join me? (Now with pictures!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Taking a trip to the Middle Ages... anyone want to join me? (Now with pictures!)
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
So, last week... I auditioned for the musical "Camelot," while I was sick. I was really nervous about the audition, and I did terribly, because I lost all my energy in the middle of my song, since I had the flu.

Well, last night, the lady called me and said she wanted me to come back for callback auditions tonight, and read for Guenevere!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

Wish me luck, everyone! I'm off in a few hours... I'll post the results of the audition when I find out!

*faints*

[ January 05, 2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck! Break a leg.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sends Luck vibes*
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! That is truly very, very exciting!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!!!

((Raia))

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Nini! Nini for president! Nini for Guenivere!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg, Raia!!!!! Is this part of your good news that you mentioned in the hug thread?

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo-hoo!!!
Good luck.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Break a leg.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg!! [Wave]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I love that play.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
C'est moi is the best showtune evr, except for any hary dick or tim from kiss me kate.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Raia! That's really cool!
Good luck! *sends vibes*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

*Interperets the vibes*

Ok, weird, but ok

Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks for the good luck and vibes everyone...

I haven't found out the results yet, but that was by far the worst audition I've ever done. Oy. I'd be lucky to get the part of Arthur's horse, let alone Guenevere, or anyone else remotely memorable.

I'll still post the results once I find out though. Ugh, I'm so exasperated with myself!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! It's never as bad as it seems.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congrats on the recall! I'll bet you did fine! (((Raia)))
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I really don't think I did, but thanks... I haven't found out yet.
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you get the part, Raia. I'm sure you did great. [Smile]

[ September 07, 2004, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so awesome!! Good luck! Erm... break a leg!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
You're all so talented, I wish we had more leads to go around.
The decision making has been harder than we anticipated.
Please bear with us for another day or two.

Barring those of you who will refuse certain parts, we would be happy to have all of you in the show in some capacity, we're just trying to figure out the best combination.

The first rehearsal is on Sunday.
It is a chorus rehearsal.
I will let you know by thursday if you need to be there.
Thank you for your time and patience.
--Kim.

Aaaaaah!! I don't have time OR patience!! [Razz]

*sigh* I don't know if I'll make it through this week... I might explode first...

Raia
Member # 4700

Well, she said she'd send the e-mail today if you needed to be at rehearsal on sunday... it's almost 11:00 pm, and it hasn't come yet. I think that's a pretty sure sign that I didn't get the part.

Oh well, I think I still get to be in the chorus.

Raia
Member # 4700

Like I said, I didn't get the part... Kim just called. I'm in the chorus though, so at least I get to perform, which ultimately is the part I love.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Believe me, I sympathize.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

((((Ic)))) Yeah... it's not so much not getting the part that bothered me, it was knowing that I could have done SO much better at the audition, and that that may be what stopped me from getting it. I hate that feeling.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that Raia. I sympathize...sorta. Err, I have been around while people went through the same thing as you, even if I've never actually been there myself, hows that?

Well, just accept my condolence vibes anyway and I hope you have a blast in the chorus!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks, AR. [Smile]
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of a trip to the middle ages, I just got back from my towns renaissance festival. Pretty cool [Big Grin] Everyone is in costume and they have everythign you'd expect to find in a midevil town.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Even Water Wenches?? [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Washing wenches?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
And the black plague?
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

They had every midevil torture device i could think of(and some i couldn't). And weapons galore! I got to shoot a crossbow, load a connon, hang a dummy, behead a dummy, stretch a dummy on a rack. Oh how fun it was! [Smile]

[Party]

Edit: Oh and they had people pretending they had the black plague. It was pretty entertaining.

[ September 12, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Raia
Member # 4700

That's awesome, Little_Doctor!
Raia
Member # 4700

*bump*

[LINK DIDN'T WORK HERE... SEE BELOW, I REPOSTED IT]

[ November 01, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, but I can't see the image.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Gah. It worked for me! I'll try to figure it out... sorry everyone.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's because only you have access to the image...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

You know, after all this buildup, it's so not going to be worth it... it's just a poster.

But I'm trying to fix it anyway, I'm downloading something I can upload pictures onto. Then when I actually have real pictures, too, I can put them up the same way!

Raia
Member # 4700

And we try again!

I'll post more through there when I have ACTUAL pictures... that's just a poster, but it's still cool-looking, I think!

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks really cool! I wish I could see it.

I wish I could be in it too, but we both know what a disaster that would be.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh hush, no it wouldn't... though if you weren't comfortable singing, you could always play in the orchestra!

Ok, that's it, now you have to come to Israel, and play in the orchestra with us. It's going to be so much fun, I'm excited... but it would be more fun if you were here!

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Raia, that's awesome, even if you didn't get the part you wanted! I'm involved in a show with shiny posters too, and for the first time wokring backstage - set designer. I've discovered a whole new world of theatre [Smile] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I'll, uh, be there in spirit.

[Smile]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*bump*

Opening night tonight! [The Wave]

And guess what? I lost my voice!!! [Frown]

I have a little bit of it left, I didn't lose it completely, but I was really sick this week, and this is apparently the result. I went to the doctor this morning, and she said "you have to SING?! Forget it! You can't even TALK for the next three days!" I almost started crying right there in her office, and I told her I absolutely have to sing, so she gave me an inhaler that she gives to people who need a very drastic recovery of their voice... she didn't want to at first, but she saw how much I needed my voice tonight! I took it a little while ago... everybody wish me luck! I hope I can sing tonight!

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg!
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how exciting! Good luck Raia! Don't forget to have fun!

You must come back this evening, though, and tell us how things went!

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez. I think she only has 2 legs. Do you want her to break her legs in more than 1 spot?

I only wish you a broken phalange, Raia. May your legs stay intact.

And good luck, too [Big Grin]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No] I think Sir Kaioshin should have said "I wish you only.." We learned that "only" is often used incorrectly.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.