FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pasadena Book Signing

Author Topic: Pasadena Book Signing
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Scott signed more than I did, but it was still fun. I signed two books for an old friend from college (Crystal City and Shadow Puppets), and two copies of Crystal City for complete strangers (all four books on the acknowledgements pages). Kinda exciting. He read several poems from An Open Book, talked a bit about "Posing as People," and offered up the obligatory "nothing new about the movie and yes, it's my fault that the sequel to Lovelock isn't done yet," and a few other bits and pieces of news about other stuff.

I also saw jacare (old-timers may remember him) and his son again, as well as another Hatracker whose name I recognized, and who recognized mine. He also recognized my KamaCon shirt. I didn't know he was from Southern California, apparently because he never told anyone he was from Southern California. If he chooses to step forward and admit that it was he, I will confirm his identity, and he will be a "Real Hatracker" (Mama met him, too).

In addition to this, Mooselet was ecstatic to meet "Puppy's Daddy" (who couldn't believe he'd gotten so big), and I and each of my family members got the infamous "head-squishing" pictures. Once we get them developed, and once we get our scanner working again, we'll add them at foobonic. OSC was also unaware that head-squishing was a thing. I guess that so few people have actually had it done that he didn't know. We forgot to have him sign Superstation's diaper, though -- we just get so flustered sometimes around celebrities....

Now it's late for an old person like me, so I'm going to sleep. See you all tomorrow.

--Pop

[Edit for typo pointed out to me by Mama.]

[ September 08, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose,

May you remind me how you were involved in the creation of the books? I think I remember your name in Shadow Puppets, but I don't remember why...

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
He bribed Card.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama is just jealous....ignore her at your own risk, though.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WraithSword
Member # 6829

- posted      Profile for WraithSword   Email WraithSword         Edit/Delete Post 
He attended a Cardcon and participated in a OSC triva game. First prize was being a character in the upcoming book. Papa Moose defeated several other people on this forum to win the prize, so dis.

I'm surprised they had him at a book signing. Maybe I should've participated...or would anyone have ventured so near as to let me sign a book?

Perhaps it is best I didn't get in on that event.

Posts: 100 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Dude, Kwea, I had my own Con. Why should I be jealous of some Moose?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*rabidly curious* We have an underground SoCal jatraquero? Darn! I can't believe I missed meeting him! I can meet Scott at any signing of his, but this! [Wink]

Stupid signing being all the way in Pasadena. [Grumble]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding.

It's been two years since OSC's come out to Virginia for a book signing.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
He's never been to Alaska, that I know of. He should come up here. I'd like to have a book or two signed. [Frown]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Because you aren't in the books, silly!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
See! KamaCon shirts are useful as well as being incredibly stylish!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't a part of the book signing. A couple people in the crowd, upon discovering that I was "the" Papa Moose, asked if I would sign their books. Heck, OSC didn't even know I was there until it was almost over -- we arrived kinda late and were all the way in the back. Well, we also moved around a bit keeping Mooselet and Superstation corralled. Anyway, nothing official -- just a cool thing for me.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*realises Moose never signed her KamaCon Book*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.