FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Sims 2! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Sims 2!
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Tired of sims setting themselves on fire, I always constantly put a fire alarm over the stove.

Yeah.... I hadn't figured out that little trick yet. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I did that after Swen, who didn't have a phone burned up with Kyo.

*urge to play Sims rising*

And my livin' large disk is cracked.

[ September 13, 2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Mabus, here's what you do:

Create a Sim-you. Give yourself a sweet job, cool stuff, and then create a hot neighbor whom you woo and who falls head over heels for you. [Smile]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... The body shop isn't working for me it seems...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, giving a Sim just one level in the cooking skill also makes a huge difference to preventing fires.

A few months ago, my sister-in-law Haley was coming to stay with us. So to celebrate the occasion, I made a Sim-family of me and Heather, and then created a single Sim named Haley. When the real Haley came over, I made my Sim-Heather invite Sim-Haley to stay at the Sim-Card house as a roommate [Smile] Haley found it rather amusing. I even recreated our apartment ...

Man, this is so sad.

[ September 13, 2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I also do that or get annoyed and make them order pizza...
*decides to reinstall this*

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know the real release date ? On the site it's said that it will be the 17th, but maybe earlier for those who preordered it. I'm kind of confused about it.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Buy.com and BestBuy.com list it as the 14th, but the BestBuy in our town does not have it. Called EBGames nearby, they said tomorrow.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff, I have made sims of all of my sims playing friends. A while ago, a couple broke up and it was hell trying to get their sim counterparts to part ways. I ended up building two houses on the same lot so they didn't have to actually live together.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
huh?
Ok.. I'm confused....
You guys are saying Fable comes out in four days... someone else says it comes out in two days...
Maybe I came into this thread a day late or something...
I'm picking up my copy of Fable tomorrow...
SO CONFUUUUUUUSED!

And I'm with Chris... I could never get into guiding the lives of the Sims.... but with the Rosebud cheat code, I spent many many many hours building and designing houses.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
The official street date is the 17th of September, but it's actually shipping today. Generally, stores will put games on the shelves the moment they get them in, in the hopes of scooping their competition. So the EBGames in my area is planning to have it available between ten and eleven tomorrow morning, which is when the truck arrives.

You can get a game on the first day if you haven't preordered it, but only if (1) you get there early, or (2) it's not the type of game that sells out its first run. In the case of The Sims 2, I'd bet on number (1) [Smile]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Oh, and I BELIEVE that Fable is coming out the same day. Now I'll have to torture myself over which to play first [Smile] Of course, I'll be going to work right after I pick them up, so maybe I'll just try them both out on the job, and then go home to start my REAL games ...
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully, Bill's already picked up our copy of Fable. He was on the way to the mall when I left.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

/me hates having no new console system

In other news, Bethesda announced a new Elder Scrolls game!!!!!

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Grah! The body shop STILL keeps crashing on me...
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Bethesda can't come out with another Elder Scrolls game. I haven't even gotten the previous one, much less finished with it.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Get on the ball, Mike. [Big Grin]

The expected release date is like, Christmas 2005 so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Woo hoo! I got it to work
But I have to WAIT to play with it, because I must go to work soon and the time flies when I am at home being happy.

Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
But i haven't beaten Marrowing yet.
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Which means I will REALLY have it on Tuesday like the store told and I kept telling them the site told Friday ?
WOO-HOO !

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I just installed my new screen (flat Hyundaï L70S 17', it's really good, my old one was nearly 10 years one, 15' and I couldn't adjust anything) and I can't wait 'till tomorrow ! If some of you have bought the game already, could you tell me how much you enjoy it and why, it would help me to be patient [Smile]
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they'll release it for Mac. I could play it on my laptop. Oh that just seems like such a bad idea.

I would love to get control of the SIMS software for my research actually. But all my searching has turned no ideas up as to how to do that. Does anyone know if there are any opensouce type clones?

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

It will be released on Mac I think but not before a little time.
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Three ... more ... hours!!!!!!!
Anna
Member # 2582

[Smile]
The long waiting will make it sooo goood.

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Or soooo frustrating when it runs like crap on my machine [Smile]
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Girl and i got Sims 2 tonight. Fun as hell. my dad is a black viking who wears a kilt. her mom is a goofy aerobics instructor thingy who wears a tiara. we are two teens living in the same house. we become adults in 14 days.

this game rocks!

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

You are making me want it so badly when I am trying to talk myself out of it.
Stop that....

Anna
Member # 2582

I can't believe none of you has been here to tell your new sims stories yet ! I did a little couple with family aspiration, they had a baby called Diane, but since they didn't have any skill point or anything and taking care of the baby takes a lot of time, they are kind of poor. I guess I should have waited to get them better jobs before I make them try for a baby, but anyway... The little girl is really cute.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought it yesterday for Cor. I got it at Toy's "R" Expensive, right at closing time, and they seemed to have plenty, so . . . [Dont Know]

It was like Christmas for Cor; she got up way before me, and had the game installed and running for who knows how many hours before I came down!

She's a bit OCD in how she plays. She has in the ballpark of three dozen characters she wants to create, so she's been doing nothing but creating characters all morning. She hasn't done anything else yet. Pretty impressive graphics, but the choices are pretty limited. I guess the next add-on will address that.

Now I have a new little MIDI song to hear repetitively until I hear it in my sleep . . .

Like Tom, I never found any attraction in this game at all. In fact, it rather creeps me out, to be honest. But it has been entertaining, over the years, to watch Cor play. I get to see all the neat "looky-here!" moments without wasting unholy amounts of time playing this game.

[Anyway, I really just wanted to brag that we had this . . . ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

*anticipation*
But, what I want is-
A tuxedo for women.
White hair for someone who isn't old.
Butchy non girly clothes for girls!

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, will you settle for one out of three?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[Confused]
Anna
Member # 2582

So Geoff, how is it going on your machine ?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.