FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 12)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
(((All those on my meta-apology list)))

Why? Dunno! But let's keep'em hugs rolling~!

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Morbo))) That sucks [Frown]
(((Corwin))) MEM stands for Middle Earth Mud. Its the Mud I implemented almost 2 years ago this month, so the fact that I'm playing it makes me very very happy [Smile]
(((Raia)))

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Morbo))))) I'm sorry. [Frown]
(((((Alcon))))) Parents can be a pain sometimes.
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Rivka)))))
(((((Jonathan Howard)))))
(((((Elizabeth)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Mothertree))))) are you pooka? [Confused]
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Kyrie)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((Icky)))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia)))) Why, thanks! [Smile] Listening to Alanis Morissette's "You owe me nothing in return" makes me feel even more understood... [Big Grin]
((((Morbo))))
((((Alcon)))) Hope you find a way to keep your MEM going there, it'd be a shame not to.
((((Eruve))))
((((tt&t))))
((((mothertree))))*
((((rivka))))
((((Elizabeth))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((kyrie))))
((((Icarus))))
((((Anna))))
((((Jonathan Howard))))

*yeap, also known as pooka, dear Eruve. [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
((((everyone)))) [Big Grin]

i wish the warm warm weather of the weekend would come back... and also the weekend its self...

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Everyone))))) [Kiss] I love you guys!

Kyrie, I guess this is not the time to say how hot it is here... [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

i would like a hug....
as stupid as it seems, i got a bad grade on a paper and it upset me so much that i was crying to my mother on the phone. The thing was, I had thought when i handed it in, that it was in fact one of the best papers I had writen this year... so to get it back with a B- was upsetting. I am also generally stressed now, and the next two weeks is going to be hellish with midterms. I also feel that writing desent papers is the only academic reason I got in to this kind of school anyway. I am a lot calmer now but I desided to go and talk to the profesor this wendsday instead of today.
I know this should be a kind of no big deal thing... but the fact that i thought it was particulerly good, and that I am stressed has blown it up.

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Kyrie)))

At least you're not in my situation. I'm just about two months behind in school. I missed Midterms, Tests, entire chapters of material. Best part is, I have four regents exams(NY state exams that you have to pass in order to graduate) coming up in June. Five if you include the one i have to make up! I missed one in January. I'm in the process of writing aobut seven papers on some of the stuff I missed. I can't pass chemistry, because I'll never meet the lab requirement unless I stay after school almost everyday for the next month or so, and that won't work because I have other classes to catch up in also. they are loading all of this work on me, and it makes me feel like going comatose on their asses!!!!!AAAGGHHH!

Edit: Please excuse grammar. No time to check.

[ March 07, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((LD)))) Life's a race only if you let it become one. Take the time to relax, even now. Or should I say: "especially now"? And post on Hatrack, but you know that already! [Wink]

((((kyrie)))) I hope your talk with the teacher will be fruitful. I know it can really get to you when the grade doesn't seem to be anywhere near the actual quality of your paper. Just be ready to also accept his reasons if there are indeed some good ones, ok?

((((Raia)))) [Kiss] Love you too. In a platonical, brotherly way, of course! [Wink]

Risk for love or keep the friendship safe?! [Grumble] My body has also found out that I'm in love again: I wake up much too early and can't go to sleep. If I had any doubts, they're gone now...

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Corwin)))Thanks...My mom has been yelling at me me for days to slow down, buts it has more effect when it comes from someone else.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, LD, let me echo Corwin's excellent advice: slow down! You don't want to end up back in the hospital because you overdid it, neh? (((((LD))))) Breathe! [Wink]

(((((Corwin))))) Tough choice. Good luck!

((((((((((kyrie)))))))))) Ouch. I hate that! It's one thing when you work hard but don't think it's that good. But when you are sure it IS good, it's awful to be told it's not as good as you thought. Keep in mind that teachers are only human, and paper-grading is HIGHLY subjective (one of the reasons I'm very glad not to have to do much of it -- science homework/tests are far less subjective). Did the teacher write much in the way of explanatory comments?

((((((((((Morbo)))))))))) Sympathy on the loss of your cousin.

((((((((((Eruve))))))))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
I could use a hug.

Not only did I have kind of a rough weekend at my competition, but some people have said some really hateful things about my team. [Mad] People didn't respect us like they should have at the competition, and didn't listen to us, and now they have the nerve to call us ungracious and cuss us out! [Cry] Why do people have to be so damn hurtful sometimes? [Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That sucks. [Razz] ((((((((((Eruve))))))))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

(((Eruve))) I hate people like that. They are so ignorant.
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((kyrie))))) I'm sorry. [Frown]
(((((Eru))))) Ugh, I hate people like that... they make my blood boil. I guess it's no use saying pay no attention to them, because people like that are difficult to ignore... I'm sorry!
(((((Corwin))))) [Kiss]
(((((rivka))))) [Wave]
(((((Morbo))))) [Wave]
(((((Little_Doctor))))) Breathe in, breathe out... you can do this! [Smile]
(((((Other people))))) [Group Hug]

[ March 08, 2005, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((eruve)))))) they just cant see the brilence(sp?) that is right before them [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((LD)))) Work hard, die young! Uhh... You might want to reconsider that... [Wink]
((((rivka))))
((((Raia))))
((((Eruve))))
((((kyrie))))

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

It turns out that there was somebody from another team signing our guestbook...repeatedly...and meanly. But now that I know it was one person, and I think I know what team he's from, it doesn't bother me so much. [Smile] But deep down, I know he was a little bit right, and it still hurt to see those things said about my team.

(((((rivka)))))
(((((LD)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Kyrie)))))
(((((Corwin)))))

Thanks for the hugs, they really do make me feel better. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

At least it was just the one jerk. (((((Eruve)))))
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Eruve)))) "Thanks for the hugs, they really do make me feel better." I assure you it's as much a pleasure to give these hugs as it is to receive them! [Smile]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Lisa)))) That sucks. Majorly. Whatever happened to Gracious Professionalism?!?!
((everyone else))

I could probably use some hugs... my self-esteem=about zero right now... I'm fat and everybody hates me and life sucks.

I haven't eaten much for a while, and my parents found out. So now I am on Strict Surveillence. From everybody in my life.

Plus, a girl in my class is having a suprise going-away party for her Aussie exchange student, and I wasn't invited [Frown] . I found out, and sent her an e-mail to allow her to back out and say she forgot me from the list, but nooooo... it was "I'm trying to keep it small." And I was good friends with the Aussie, too.

/complaints

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Desdemona)))))
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Desdemona))))

((((Hatrack))))
[Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Laugh] [ROFL] [Wave] [Kiss] [Hat]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

((((((((Desdemona)))))))) You're not fat! I've seen your pics, and you're skinny; don't go skipping meals. [No No] That sucks about your Aussie friend, though. [Frown]
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Rivka)))))
(((((LD)))))
(((((Kyrie)))))
(((((Blacwolve)))))

Desdemona
Member # 7100

And I complained about in it my livejournal and thought that I set the entry to Private, but apparently not. She got it, and read it, and got really mad at me.

I'm about to cry. Why does everything have to look so bad?

But, on the brighter side of things, I ate lunch today.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((((((((((Desdemona))))))))))))))
Desdemona
Member # 7100

More complaining [Roll Eyes]

After I had forgotten all about the whole thing, and was having fun watching a movie with my family (it's my mom's b-day), she and some friends call from the party

And bring it all back up. My parents said "Oh, how nice that your friends called you"

I thought otherwise.

I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the movie. You know when you have that feeling that you've done something wrong just sititng in your stomach? Well, thats what I feel like. And it won't go away. And I just want to curl up and die. [Frown]

((Hatrack)) you always make me feel better [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Can I have a hug? I just accidentally started thinking hard about my cousin, and looking at pictures, and now I'm crying really really hard.

I miss her so much. I want her back. I wish I were dead.

[Cry]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no Raia, don't say that. (((Raia)))
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
((((Raia))))
(((((Raia)))))

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks... I'm doing a little better now. It's just... it's so not fair. I wish she were here. I still can't believe that she's not. I miss her. [Cry]
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Raia)))))))))) Missing her is good, sweetie. It means she mattered, and her not being here anymore matters. But it's very painful, I know.

But if YOU weren't here (God forbid!) then the people who miss her would be missing you ALSO, as well as all of us. (((((Raia)))))

((((((((((Desdemona)))))))))) I don't know if they were trying to be nice or trying to be cruel, but I can certainly understand why it would feel like the latter, regardless. *hug*

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Shani)))))))

quote:
I wish I were dead.
None of that. None of it. None at all. Not aloud.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Shani))))

I know it's not fair, not at all.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

((((((((Raia))))))))

((((((Hatrack)))))))

(I'm pretty sure the number of brackets on either side of those are even. Although I'm not sure. I give lopsided hugs, okay?!?!)

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka)))
(((tt&t)))
(((Corwin)))
(((kyrie)))
(((blacwolve)))
(((Mormo)))
(((Eruve Nandiriel)))
(((Desdemona)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Desdemona)))) Take a deep breath and let this whole thing go away. Forgive, but don't forget, you know. [Wink] It's hard when the friendships you thought you understood turn out different than what you expected, but unfortunately it happens. Give your friend the chance to make it up for this, 'cause you know, it's not the end of the world... yet! [Big Grin]

((((Raia)))) Oh, sweetie! ((((Raia)))) There's nothing wrong with remembering your cousin, actually, that's the nicest thing you can do for her right now. And since I'm sure you have lots of fond memories of her, hold on to those, and please don't let this get you down. [Kiss]

((((Icarus)))) How's it going? I see there's no more strange "smileys", so I take it you're better now?

((((dpr))))
((((rivka))))
((((Eruve))))
((((Alcon))))
((((tt&t))))

Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia)))))
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I've been desperately checking my e-mail for the past two days, hoping to hear something from the guy who asked me out. Unfortunately, we're having trouble getting each other's e-mails. [Dont Know] But I'm pathetic enough to keep checking every five minutes anyway. [Frown] Man, why won't it work? Why can't I get his e-mails? Why can't he get mine? We don't go to the same school, and we don't have each other's phone numbers, so this is kinda the only way to keep in touch. [Frown] I feel like a dork...

[ March 17, 2005, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Eruve))))

quote:
He who is not impatient is not in love.
Or "she", for that matter. [Smile] Hang in there, the emails will come eventually.

((((Desdemona))))
((((Raia))))
((((Alcon))))
((((rivka))))
((((Stryker))))
((((tt&t))))
((((Icarus))))
((((dpr))))
((((Derrell))))
((((LD))))
((((kyrie)))) So what happened with that grade?
((((Morbo))))
((((Elizabeth))))
((((blacwolve))))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Corwin))))) You, my dear, are a sweetie. [Smile] Thank you.

(((((Eru))))) Hang in there! Don't worry! You're wonderful! [Kiss]

(((((Alcon))))) You'd better be having fun in Hawaii without me...

(((((rivka)))))

(((((romany)))))

(((((Derrell)))))

(((((Desdemona)))))

(((((Grisha)))))

(((((Everyone else!)))))

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((Raia))))))

I don't know how I could have possibly missed you before! I'm sorry!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Ic))))) Don't worry about it... I seem to have overlooked you in my previous post as well (oops... sorry!!), so I guess we're even! [Kiss]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

It's official...I'm going to Prom! [Big Grin] He finally asked my Dad today. We still can't figure out why we can't get each other's e-mails (but I think it's a problem with my account), and he apparently tried to call quite a few times, but I wasn't home. I got to see him today, though. *bounce* He apparently blew off his other plans so he could come to the meeting and see me, I thought that was really sweet. [Smile]

So I'm in an uber-happy mood right now. [Big Grin]

(((((Raia)))))
(((((Icarus)))))
(((((Corwin))))) I know that "Love is patient", but it's so hard to be when you want to be with the other person.
(((((Grisha)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Desdemona))))) Did you get my e-mail? Or did that not get through either?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
((((All of Hatrack)))) [Group Hug]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs stink! [Grumble]

[Laugh] Ha!

[Group Hug]

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Jay))))) [Taunt]
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm happy... HAPPY!

(((((((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))))))))))

La la la!

rivka
Member # 4859

Yay! [Smile] פורים סמח! (((((Raia)))))
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.