FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 14)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
EEEK!

I slept through a midterm once . . . professor took pity on me, and let me take it (about 15 minutes after everyone else was done).

GOOD LUCK! (((((blacwolve)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

You'll get over it, don't worry... [Wink]

Good luck!

((((blacwolve))))

[ April 20, 2005, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Beanny ]

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((blacwolve))))) Ouch! [Frown] Good luck with that.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((blacwolve)))) So, any news about your problem?
((((Raia))))
((((rivka))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
One of our kitties has to go in for surgery next week. [Frown] We found a lump on one of his legs this week and half the biopsies today were inconclusive. Given that he had a cancerous tumor removed 2 years ago (from the other leg), we're not taking any chances and are having it removed. Luckilly it's kind of a "free floating" - it doesn't seem to be connected to his muscle tissue, which will make it easier to remove. I just wish I could explain to him that a little bit of pain now is better than a lot of pain later. Poor little trooper. He's always so well-behaved especially in the car and at the vet's office - the vet always comments on how good he is. [Cry]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((ludosti & kitty))))

What's the little guy's name?

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Poor kitty! [Frown] (((((ludosti&family)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((ludosti and co))))) [Frown]

(((((blacwolve)))))

(((((Corwin)))))

(((((rivka)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((blacwolve))))) [Eek!] I hope you can take a make-up test!
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Ludosti and kitty)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Hatrack)))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((ludosti & kitty))))
((((Eruve)))) How was the prom? I'm not sure if you posted about it in another thread and I haven't seen it, or what, so I thought I'd ask here. [Smile]
((((blacwolve))))
((((Raia))))
((((rivka))))
((((breyerchic))))
((((tt&t))))
((((kyrie))))
((((Desdemona))))
((((Alcon))))
((((Derrell))))
((((Icarus))))
((((Little_Doctor))))

ludosti
Member # 1772

Corwin - The kitty's name is Bo.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((ludosti & Bo))))

[Sleep]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Corwin))))) I had a lot of fun at Prom. I was thinking of making a thread about it...eventually.
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Rivka)))))
(((((ludosti)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Rhaegar))))) you should post more often!

(((((Hatrack)))))

I won't be around much for a while. I have an insane amount of school to get done this summer, so I'm limiting myself to hatrack only in the evenings...if I can even get a turn on the computer.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Aw, no Eruve? [Frown]

But GOOD for you for making your homework a priority! (((((Eruve)))))

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I finished school early today! *bounce*
And even though I came close, I didn't cry over my Physics! [Smile]
I didn't finish school until late last night, so I'm in a pretty good mood right now. [Big Grin]

(((((Hatrack)))))

ludosti
Member # 1772

I'm glad that you didn't cry over your Physics, Eruve. [Smile] Good for you for being strong enough to cut out Hatrack time to get your homework done. [Smile]

The vet's office said Bo's surgery went well, though they said the tumor looked "suspicious" so more tissue was excised than expected, so it couldn't be completely closed and will have to be bandaged until it heals. [Frown] I get to go get him in an hour.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I just noticed you had the 666th post on this thread. Kinda freaky. [Angst]

(((((ludosti and Bo)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

I could use some hugs right now...

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Corwin))))) What's wrong? (If you don't mind me asking)
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Eruve)))) It's just a bad period I'm passing through, it'd be too much & too personal to share right now. And thanks for the hug.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Corwin))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Corwin))))) [Kiss]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Corwin))))) You can always come to us for hugs. [Smile]
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Desdemona))))) No more getting sick! [No No]
(((((blacwolve))))) Did you ever get to retake the exam?
(((((Rivka)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((blacwolve))))
((((Raia))))
((((Eruve))))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Corwin))))) [Smile]

Are you feeling any better?

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Raia))))

I guess I'm feeling ok. The problem is that the situation in which I am won't be easily or soon solved. But in the end things will work out, one way or another.

Thanks again Hatrack for all the support. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Well, if you need someone to listen, I'm only too happy to oblige. E-mail and IM in profile. [Kiss]

(((((Corwin)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Raia)))) Thanks soooo much for the offer, you don't know how much the gesture means to me! Unfortunately I'll have to pass on it, as the whole thing's too much for anyone to take. Besides, I'm gonna get some help soon and things are already looking a little better.

((((Anna)))) Thanks for offering to talk to me through e-mail in Choobak's "Fall in love..." thread, but I really wasn't prepared to talk to anybody back then, and now I'm going upwards with help from someone here.

[ May 09, 2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

ludosti
Member # 1772

This is just not our week apparently. I haven't been feeling or sleeping well. My truck has started its summer misbehaving. Bo is getting *really* tired of going to the vet's office every other day (hopefully today will be the last of it). Which brings me to today. Slacker was on his way home from dropping Bo off at the vet (Bo was so upset yesterday that they had to reschedule - Bo, our mellow, sweet, unperturbable cat bit John, so the tech wasn't going to go anywhere near him) when he was rear ended. John seems to be ok, but it'll take a couple days before any problems show up (he has a bad back and this can't have helped anything). Not to mention he's got work tonight (we'll see if that happens). The car sounds like it will be ok, but will need quite a bit of work (bumper is toast, trunck is stuck shut so there's the trunk and possible quarter-panel issues to deal with). We have really good insurance (hopefully the woman that hit him does too since it was her fault and her insurance should be footing the bill), but this was our nice car (the newer, paid-off, great gas mileage, fun to drive one). My poor husband (who has been really down lately) just really didn't need this. [Cry]

Smashy, smashy

[ May 12, 2005, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((ludosti)))))
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((ludosti)))))

(((((Corwin))))) You're welcome. And the offer still stands, at any point, I'm always happy to listen. But believe me, I understand if you don't want to share! That's quite alright. I understand completely, you don't even know me. [Smile]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{Angel Eduardo}}}} [Kiss] My nephew.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I just told my brother to tell my parents I don't want to talk to them anymore. [Cry]

ludosti
Member # 1772

((((Corwin)))) That must be a tremendously difficult decision to come to. I hope you find peace.
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, Corwin! *hugs* [Frown]

I'm so sorry!!!

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Raia)))) Well, that was just waiting to happen - the thing with my parents. What do you do when people's good intentions keep hurting you?! I didn't know what else to do, but it seems like the right decision for now. As for the other problems, they're still improving. The thing my parents don't understand is that I have to solve my problems at my own pace, and that being pushed will only set me back. So I decided I won't be pushed anymore, not by them, not by anyone. This is as much as I'm willing to share right now.

((((ludosti))))
quote:
That must be a tremendously difficult decision to come to. I hope you find peace.
It was, but it's the right decision. It's done, and I feel better now.
I'm sorry to hear about all your problems though. I hope your family and Bo all get to know better times soon.

((((Alty & Angel))))
((((Eruve))))
((((rivka))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

My parents act lately as if nothing has happened, and as if nothing that I told them ever actually got through... [Confused] I'd talk to them, but I'm sure it would all get back to the same situation... Stuff like this has happened before but each time I said that I'd go on and they would eventually understand what I'm saying. But now, for me at least, it's final. And somehow they think I'm joking about this?!? [Frown]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Looks like I'm taking over the thread... [Evil Laugh]

Oh well...

After 11 days I talked to my parents yesterday. Nothing much, just told them a little bit where I stand. What remains settled, however, is that I will not allow them to tell me what to do and when to do it. As long as they mind their own business this time, we're ok. Or at least close to ok.

I've also got to talk a little bit with my cousin ! [Smile] She said her fiance went to ask her parents' permission last week and everybody got emotional... I bet! [Big Grin] Maaan... As my brother said, he's not prepared for today's exam, and she's prepared for marriage?! Good news is the marriage is going to be sometimes next year, so there's an excellent probability that I will be able to attend. [Smile]

P.S. Please excuse the excessive use of smileys, but it's just one of those moments... [Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Corwin))))) [Smile] Glad to hear you're working things out with your parents.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((blacwolve)))
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*hugs everyone* [Kiss]
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((rivka))))
((((Raia))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((breyerchic))))
((((ludosti)))) So, how's Bo doing?
((((Eruve))))

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I could really use a hug right about now, if anyone has any to spare. I've had a pretty shitty last couple of days and I'm feeling right about at the bottom of a long drop right now. *Sigh*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Alcon))))
What happened?

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Alcon))))
((((Beanny))))
((((Raia))))
((((rivka))))

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Corwin)))))
quote:
The thing my parents don't understand is that I have to solve my problems at my own pace, and that being pushed will only set me back. So I decided I won't be pushed anymore, not by them, not by anyone
You impress me, do you know ? You are accessing to a wisdom I only start to imagine.
(((Raia)))
(((Rivka)))
(((blacwolve)))
(((Ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Alcon)))
I'm just having this kind of time, too, due to a lot of things to consider before taking a decision - but I'm feeling better. *sigh* Only thinking about myself can help me to get better and live happier. If only it wasn't so painful each time...

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Anna)))) Accessing wisdom is the easy part. Actually putting it in practice is the hardest... But hopefully I'll get there, one step at a time.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Cry]
I just took an online math placement test (to see if I can start regular math classes in college). I scored a 3 out of 6. [Frown] I ran out of time because I'm slow, and people kept bothering me. If I can get them to count all the questions I answered, not just the ones in the time slot, then I got a 5, which means I can start regular classes. If not, I have to take a summer class, or start behind. I'm really upset, and crying right now. [Cry]

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Eruve)))) Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out alright in the end.
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Eruve))) Feeling any better? I see you've posted only once since. Don't worry, it will all work out, you'll see! [Kiss]

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.