FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Kyrie: [Big Grin]

Between the three of us, I'm sure we can manage some quality poking.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Kyrie)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))
(((Icarus)))

[Group Hug] Florida Hatrackers [Group Hug]

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think between me and Raia we can hold you all off... specially since you'll start to get in each others way the more you get, and the less you have the easier it is to hold you off... <- has been in many a poking battle.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the hugs guys. [Smile]

I just get insane because I need my own space. It's hard living with my husband;s fam.

[Group Hug] ((Everyone)) [Group Hug]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, you know you can't hold off my master poking skills... [Evil]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

*half-hearted laugh* You guys rock. Thanks for the good wishes everyone... Ic and Trevor, you know exactly what to say to make me smile! Your whole dialogue had me cracking up. (((((You guys)))))

I'm just kinda going through a rough phase right now... I'm realizing that no matter what I try to accomplish, I can't... I'm too much of a procrastinator, I have no self-motivation or discipline to do anything properly, not even things that I want to do, and are not just a chore, like find a voice teacher so I can get back to doing the one thing I truly love. It's as though I'm looking at myself from far away and watching myself throw my life away by not managing to do anything right. And I watch this frustrate me, I watch it frustrate my parents, I watch it frustrate everyone involved... I watch my parents try to talk to me about it, I watch myself push them away, and above all, I watch myself cry. I watch myself cry a hell of a lot more than I'd like to.

Thanks for the hugs, everyone... it's just that at times like this I really really hate myself. I really am a failure... I love you all, and thank you to all of my wonderful friends here, but I really wish I was someone else. Or at least that I was completely different. I feel like I'm a Raia who's very difficult to live with.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Raia, I completely, totally relate. Oy. (((Shani))) Feel better soon, bud, you're a great friend and you're more than capable of changing things to be how you want them to be. [Smile] (((Raia)))(((Raia)))

(((Icarus)))Thanks for the reassurance, Icky. Starting small makes sense. [Smile]
(((Kyrie))) Thanks for the offer to talk. [Smile]
(((Derrell))) Dude. *fist to fist*
(((Corwin)))Thanks for the hug. [Smile]
(((Eduardo))) I hope things get better soon, dude. [Frown]

(((Kylie))) For everything, everyday.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
(((The Tick & Arthur)))

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Hugs to Everyone)))))

I'm in quite a good mood today: The Capitol Steps are preforming for free at LSU tonight!

((((hugs again))))

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ic and I were bantering? Where...oh...right...bantering. Yes, we were. Bantering. [Big Grin]

As for the rest, Raia - it means you're a teenager. We all go through it with varying degrees of success.

Don't be so hard on yourself that you lose sight of the simple fact that you are, indeed, human and let's face it, failings are an integral part of what makes us...us.

I promise, it does get better eventually.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
why do i always do my big posts on the last few spots on a page... [Grumble]

(((((tick))))))
(((((raia))))))

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

((((Raia))))) We all have that problem, I've got it as bad or worse. It doesn't make you a failure as a human being at all. And you are a wonderful person Raia.

Dream on Blacwolve, you know your poking 'skills' are no match for me [Razz]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack, I never do this! But it's almost 1 am here, and I need some sleep.

(((((YOU!))))) and I promise to give out individual hugs when I get back home.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Rivka))))) It's OK, you deserve a break. [Wink]
(((((Raia))))) Don't worry about it. A lot of people hate themselves, or wish they were somebody else at some point. A lot of people procrastinate, mess up, or get frustrated. It doesn't mean they're a failure, or a bad person. (((((Raia))))) Hang in there. [Smile]
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Corwin and Adrian)))))
(((((Trevor)))))
(((((The Tick)))))
(((((BannaOJ)))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((Kyrie))))) *laughs* I do the exact same thing.
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((unicornwhisperer)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Arthur)))))

(((((everyone)))))

I just sent in my Gold Award Application. I hope it goes through alright. *crosses fingers*

[ September 29, 2004, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

(((((Raia))))))
(((Blacwolve)))
(((Kyrie)))
(((Rivka)))
(((Derrell)))
(((unicornwhisperer)))
(((Zotto!)))
(((TheTick)))
(((BannaOj)))
(((MaydayDesiax)))
(((TMedina)))
(((Eruve Nandiriel)))

Just cause one can never give enough hugs [Smile]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
(((jeremy)))
(((kylie)))
(((rivka)))
(((mayday)))
(((sarah)))
(((UW)))
(((raia)))
(((derrell)))
(((alcon)))
(((eduardo)))
(((corwin)))
(((alcon)))
(((stryker)))
(((eruve)))
(((kyrie)))
(((bryerchic)))
(((uhleeuh)))
(((jess)))
(((icarus)))
(((megan)))
(((aj)))
(((kat)))

*hugs*

I'm here, I gave in to the pull of the new hug thread.

I wanted to start out by giving all the hugs I could, but, I need a hug, please. [Frown]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Joshy))))) [Frown]

(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia))))) Wow. I know exactly how you feel. It sucks... I hope you're doing a bit better now.
(((((breyer)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((Icky)))))
(((((Dagonee)))))
(((((Trevor)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Turgan)))))
(((((Eduardo))))) Glad you're feeling even a little better. [Smile]
(((((Goody)))))
(((((Corwin))))) On the Turning Away is a good song though. Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. [Frown]
(((((Arthur)))))
(((((The Tick)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((unicornwhisperer))))
(((((Banna)))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((Joshy))))) I know you could use another one.

(((((Jeremy))))) I'm sorry.

(((((everyone who wants)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I hope your day improves Zev.

-Trevor

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Josh))))
(((Josh)))
((((Josh)))

:-( Dude.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

((((Zevlag)))) You alright?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
I have to decide today whether I want to pay $800 to get someone to help with financial aid for college. It might be a big help to get someone elso to do the paperwork, and negotiating with the colleges, or it might be a ripoff. I really don't know what to do. [Frown]

*hugs everyone*
*goes back to schoolwork*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Its a ripoff.

Fill out the financial aid paperwork carefully, and use the available extra space to explain things in more detail.

Then, if you feel with the awards you receive you can't attend the school you really want to, call the school up "I really want to attend your school, but due to my parent's retirement benefits which they can't access (or whatever you think is overinflating your required contribution) I am unable to afford the $x you are asking I contribute. I would love to go to your school, but it looks like I'll have to go to school Y, which is requiring me to contribute less money"

Also, don't be skittish about loans. You likely will have to take out some loans, especially if you go to a good school. Loans are not evil. Credit card debt, which is what many people who do not get enough loans substitute with, is evil in your situation.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))) Thank you. You're all wonderful people.

I'll survive.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug Zevlag*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((((Extras for Zev))))))))
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Josh))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
((((eruve)))) don't do it, sounds like a scam to me.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Eruve)))

Today has been bad, I'm not going to rant about it, but, for those of you who know me, my eyes are very green right now. [Mad]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((stryker))))))))) Ok I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I hope everything gets better, IM me if you need to talk, I'm writing a speech so could be on all night.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Zevlag))))
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

(((Stryker))) whats wrong?
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
My crappy day has just gotten better, I just found out that I've been recommended and excepted into the Presidential Classroom program (If you don't know what that is, don't worry I didn't until about an hour ago). Apparently Some one I know who has some political pull recommended me for the program and a full scholar ship. (I'm still trying to figure out who). I'm so excited... I think I'm going to start a thread about it.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((everyone)))))
I didn't sign up for it. If I had done it, they probably would have saved me at least the amount of money I paid them. However, after going to one workshop, I feel like I can do most of it myself, or at least try. One piece of advice they gave was to apply at competing schools, so they both try and give you better financial aid. *rubs hands together, looking as evil as Mr. Burns*

(((((Raia)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((J T Stryker)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((fugu)))))
(((((breyerchic)))))
(((((Uhleeuh)))))
(((((katarina)))))
(((((Rivka)))))

On a better note, I bought a really cool knife today, and I'm going back for a sword next week. I can't wait! [Evil]

[ September 30, 2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

(((Alcon))) Thanks
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Eduardo_Sauron)))
(((Corwin)))
(((kyrie)))
(((Derrell)))
(((Raia)))
(((Zotto!)))
(((TheTick))) Thanks for what you said. It came at a moment when I was feeling pretty crappy.
(((katharina))) Likewise.
(((Zevlag)))
(((tt&t)))
(((Eruve)))
(((J T Stryker)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Eru))))) Oh, good. [Smile]
(((((Ic)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((Uhleeuh)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Trevor)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Unicornwhisperer))))) Feeling better? [Smile]
(((((Zot)))))
(((((Zev)))))
(((((Kylie)))))
(((((D))))) If he ever gets in and sees this.
(((((imogen))))) Ditto. [Smile]
(((((Valentine))))) Has anyone seen her recently? I miss her. [Frown]
(((((The Tick)))))
(((((AJ)))))
(((((Mayday))))) Yay!
(((((fugu))))) I don't see you in here too often! Hi! [Wave]
(((((Kat)))))
(((((breyerchic)))))
(((((((((((Alcon)))))))))))))

((((((((anyone I missed))))))))))

(((((((Hatrack))))))))

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Eduardo_Sauron)))
(((Beverly)))
(((MPH)))
(((Katharina)))

(((Hatrack)))

[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

I could really really use some hugs right now.

My dad made a nice breakfast for me this morning, which I wasn't able to eat cause I don't eat breakfast and I really wasn't hungry. I still was thankful for it, and tried to show it as best I could when I've just woken up. Anyone who knows me can tell ya I'm not a morning person though, and I always seem upset or grouchy or grumpy when ever anyone talks to me in the morning. They're always asking if I'm alright, unless they know me really well. Well dad, who should know me better than anyone, decided that I was being nasty to him this morning by not finishing the breakfast he made me and my brother. He yelled at me about it this morning. He's apparently been pissed about it all day while I spent 4 and a half hours scanning people in and out of a university big ten football game, and now I get home exhausted from that and he yells and screams at me more about it. When I tried to tell him that I did really appreciate it that I wasn't being nasty he said "**** you Daniel, Don't think I couldn't see it with my own eyes. Don't insult me and tell me I'm going nuts that I didn't see it." I think he's going crazy... and its made all the worse by the fact that when he's not like this he's an awesome guy and an awesome dad! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Alcon))))
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

((((((alcon))))))
TMedina
Member # 6649

Must be something in the air - parent problems abound.

Good luck Alcon - with any luck, this too shall pass.

-Trevor

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Zevlag)))))

(((((Alcon)))))

(((((Raia)))))

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I just backed into a parked car. Not only was it a parked car, it was a 1978 red Buick, in perfect condition, with a "For Sale Sign" in the window. If that isn't bad enough, it belongs to a volunteer that works with my church youth group. When I went back in to tell him, He just said, "Ok" got up, came out to look at it, and went back inside without another word. I have to say, I feel like shit, I just backed into the car of a man who I look up to. [Cry] [Wall Bash] [Cry]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{{{{{{{{{{JT}}}}}}}}}}} that's painful. Wish i had some advice for ya
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((((((((((Alcon)))))))))))))) Oh, that's awful! I'm sorry! And btw, thank you very much for picking me up yesterday, and if I seemed like I wasn't happy to see you, I most definitely was... I was just SO tired, that I didn't know what I was doing or saying. I felt really bad afterwards that I practically kicked you out of the front door, but I'll see you for longer today. [Group Hug]

(((((((Dragon)))))))) Thanks. [Smile]

(((((((((((Stryker))))))))))))) I'm sorry. Trust me, I've got my own rear-ending stories as well, since saturday... I feel your pain.

(((((((((Hatrack))))))))))))

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((((((raia)))))))you're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
((stryker))

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
(((Alcon)))
(((J T Stryker)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Zevvy*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

((((Raia)))) Don't feel bad, I completely understand. Trust me, been there, done that o:-) And yes don't worry, I expect you'll be seeing lots of me, though Laurens already plotting to steal you.. [Grumble] [Big Grin]

(((Stryker))) That really sucks.

(((Dragon)))

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.