FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I was supposed to be at a psychology study at 7. I knew it would take me about 15 minutes to walk there so I got in bed about 6:30 and planned on getting out and leaving at 6:45. I looked at my watch at 6:42 and decided to take advantage of the 3 minutes I had left. The next time I woke up it was 7:15. The thing is, we have to go to 10 of these a year, and everytime you miss one you have to go to one more. I've already missed one and been late to one, though luckily the one I was late to the grad student just counted as though I'd never signed up. I don't understand this, though. I'm normally a very concientious person, how can I be so unreliable about this?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((rivka))))

((((blacwolve)))) Count me in too, blacwolve, about being unreliable. Although, not about the *usualy concientious* part! [Smile] My solution, whenever I don't want to be late: set (at least) two alarm clocks, one to wake you up, and one to tell you: "If you don't get out of bed right now, you're not gonna make it." The latter should be loud and far, far away from the bed, so you'd have to get up in order to stop it.......... Of course, it will just happen that that particular night there will be a momentary blackout and your electrical alarm clock would reset itself, and then the batteries of your cellphone will decide to die during the night... and you'd wake up all happy, sun shining, birds singing, and late as this years autumn in Montreal... [Dont Know]

((((Stryker)))) I'm sorry to hear this... I hope you'll talk to that person again about it and pass over it somehow.

((((Alcon)))) Hmm... Seems like your father may have some problems, at work maybe? I know it happens to me from time to time to say things I don't really mean to just because I'm not in a good mood. Being tired sometimes makes you pick on anything and everything. And it's easiest to hurt the closest friends/family, since you know them so well... Since you say that your dad's normally very good to you, I think you'll just have to forgive him this time and move on.

((((Raia)))) I'm glad your flight went ok. So, how long are you staying?

((((tt&t)))) Hehe, I'm not saying "On the turning away" isn't good, it's just that I wondered how come that particular one got stuck in my head?! Anyway, this past few days, with the accident and all, really got music off of my head, but it's coming back. With a vengeance! [Big Grin]

((((Eruve))))
((((kyrie))))
((((Zevlag))))
((((Zotto!))))
((((Icarus))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

[ October 04, 2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((EVERYONE!!))))))

Raia's here!!!

[Party]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Blacwolve)))

(((raia)))!!! Here

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
(((My Thomas)))

Hope he does well at babysitting!

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You left him the emergency numbers to call, right? He's a responsible toddler - I'm sure he'll do a great job. Six month old babies aren't that hard to babysit, and he's about their height so he won't lose them as easily as an older babysitter would. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

[Razz]

Silly Katie.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes she is silly. [Smile]

(((((kat)))))
(((((Tick&Thomas&hapless sitter)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Raia))))) You can ignore the voicemail from me on your phone when you get back to Israel . . . I forgot you were leaving that day. I am SO glad I finally got to meet you! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((blacwolve))))) I hate when I do that! Tired bodies try to nab sleep -- sneaky, neh?
(((((Icarus))))) How goes post-hurricane(s) recovery?
(((((Goody)))))
((((((((((JT)))))))))) Ouch.
(((((Trevor)))))
(((((Telp)))))
(((((Eruve))))) O_O *backs away from the armed person*
(((((Uhleeuh)))))
((((((((((Zevlag))))))))))
(((((fugu)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((tt&t))))) I thought of you twice in my last couple days in Israel -- once when I bought a Kiwi-brand (and deeply discounted) dress at a kids' clothing store, and then when I picked up Creme de Kiwi at the airport duty-free. [Smile]
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((AJ)))))
((((((((((unicornwhisperer)))))))))) I hear you on the too-many-people-in-one-house thing! Good luck!
(((((Derrell)))))
((((((((((Eduardo))))))))))
(((((Jess)))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Megan)))))

(((((oops! didn't mean to miss YOU!!!)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((raia))))))) are we doing anything this weekend? My email is still sorta messed up, so im or phone is the easiest way. I refuse to not see you on this trip back here!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((blacwolve)))
(((Corwin)))
(((Tick & Thomas)))
(((rivka))) -- Okay. I didn't really take much damage. The plywood on the front of the house is off, the the rest is still up. I'll take it down bit by bit. The felled trees are back up.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

O_o How do you un-fell a tree? Do you revive dead animals, too? Or are you limited to the plant kingdom?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

My poor baby...after doing well at babysitting the other day, he stared at the door today and cried after I left. [Frown] He was tired today, so that contributed but it still makes me sad.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Allegra))) I'm not apoligizing, because i maintain i did nothing wrong, but we're sorry you reacted the way you did, and we'd love for you to come back to lunch.

(((BLackwolve))) I miss you....

(((Kyrie)))) See above... same thing

(((Raia)))i saw you today... I think I may have to kidnap you fro dinner this weekend... thjat is if Alcon doesn't mind.

(((Alcon))) Thank you in advance

(((Breyerchic)))

(((tt&t)))

(((BannaOj)))

(((Rivka)))

(((Corwin)))

My Mac has died... so I'm computerless for a few days till i get the parts... Oh and the dent in the buick... only $600...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((tyler's mac)))) rest in piece, it was so young, we were just gettting to know it, but already such memories.

(((raia)))

(((blacwolve)))

(((alcon)))

Icarus
Member # 3162

Ah, rivka is fooled by passive voice government/scientist-speak! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't do anything wrong, but your comment was on the insensitive side. What actually happened is not what bugged me. It bugged me that not one of you has come up to me to make sure I am ok. I don't know if I will sit with you guys at lunch tommorow. Thank you for the hug though.
((Stryker))

((Alcon))because he is a sweet guy

((Raia))Because I saw her today

((Blacwolve))because she will be here this weekend

((Breyer))because she is cool

((Everyone))

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks for all the hugs. I should stick my head in here more often!

(((fiazko))) Feel better!

AJ
quote:

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((Everyone I saw today)))))))))))

(((((((((Everyone I didn't see today))))))))))

(((((((((Everyone else))))))))))))

[Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((everyone I'm going to see this weekend))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

((((blacwolve)))) am I in the just hugged catagory?

(((everyone I will see this weekend)))

kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka)))
((((((((((raia)))))))))) [Frown] i wish i could see you while your in the country [Frown]
(((breyer)))
((((((blacwolve)))))) [Wave]
(((alcon)))
((((((icarus))))))how goes the huracan recovery?
(((zotto)))
(((((stryker))))) [ROFL] you might still come and visit me!!
(((eruve)))
(((corwin)))
(((tt&t)))
(((imogen)))
(((zevlag)))

you know, those that frequent this page often must have unusually worn out "(" and ")" keys...

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Telp)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Zotto)))
(((Zevlag)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Ic))))) *amused* Ok, I still don't see how it is possible to get "felled trees back up" short of an Act of God -- passive technospeak or no. [Dont Know] Anyway, glad life is heading back toward normal. [Smile]
((((((((((Tick&kidlet)))))))))) That's tough on both of you. But he'll adjust. And so will you. (((((Tick)))))
(((((breyer)))))
((((((((((Allegra))))))))))
(((((AJ))))) Indeed you should. [Smile]
(((((Raia)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((tt&t))))) Sadly, it seems that Creme de Kiwi -- while quite pleasant -- lacks a significant kiwi flavor. Alas!
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))

(((((YOU!)))))

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Confused]

I'm using "felled" as meaning knocked over, which is among the meanings given by www.m-w.com . They were knocked over; they've been replanted and tied to porch railings and/or stakes, as appropriate, so they are upright and well.

(((rivka)))
(((kyrie)))

rivka
Member # 4859

*lightbulb* Ohhhhhh! Little trees! My experience with felled trees was huge oaks and the like, where felled = completely uprooted and beyond mortal help. [Wink]
Allegra
Member # 6773

(((raia))) It was great to see you again!
(((blacwolve))) Glad you came for a visit
(((alcon)))
(((stryker& breyer))) You need to learn how to talk about something besides hatrack
(((aj)))
(((megan))) It was great to see you! I will be e-mailing you about getting coffee soon.
(((rivka)))
(((kyrie)))
(((everyone)))

[ October 11, 2004, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Allegra ]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((rivka))))) Aww, you missed me! [Razz] I'm not surprised at the lack of kiwi flavour, given that we are not cannibals.
(((((Icky)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Eruve))))) Yay knives! [Big Grin]
(((((fugles)))))
(((((katie)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Stryker)))))
(((((Uhleeuh)))))
(((((Telp)))))
(((((Dragon)))))
(((((Corwin))))) [Smile]
(((((The Tick & Thomas)))))
(((((Allegra)))))
(((((AJ))))) [Cool]
(((((kyrie))))) How are things going?
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((narr))))
(((((Sawah)))))
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Jeremy))))) [Wave]

(((((everyone who wants)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

Oh and,
(((tt&t))) Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not mean to imply that you were impolite.

rivka
Member # 4859

Kylie . . . I mean this in the nicest way possible, but [Roll Eyes] [Razz] . The bottle has a picture of a kiwi -- you know, green on the inside, brown and fuzzy on the outside?
Icarus
Member # 3162

(((tt&t))))
((((rivka)))) sure . . . put down my trees why dontcha . . . [Grumble]

rivka
Member # 4859

Um . . . I bet they're cute little trees? (((((Ic))))) (((((itty bitty trees)))))
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Allegra))))) [Smile] It's all good.
(((((rivka))))) Ohhhhhhh, you mean a kiwiFRUIT! [Wink]
(((((Icky))))) Poor leetle trees. I hope they feel better soon. [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((raia))) hope that skirt works out for you, it's clean, but after last night, I would wash it anyway.

(((blacwolve))) see you in about an hour

(((allegra))) there are rules about he and I being in the same hug, not allowed.

(((rivka)))

(((tt&t)))

(((((everyone else))))))

blacwolve
Member # 2972

kyrie- Can you get online? I need to talk to you.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Allegra)))

(((Blacwolve)))

(((Kyrie))))

(((Raia)))

(((Alcon)))

(((Breyerchic)))

(((tt&t)))

(((BannaOj)))

(((Rivka)))

(((Corwin)))

(((Megan)))

(((Hatrack)))

(((My Computer))) It's back, it's faster, it has more memory, and it's ready to cause mayhem

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

((((tyler's mac))))
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Has it found it's first victim Sarah? [Evil Laugh]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Hrmph.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((stryker))) I must be incredibly tired because I didn't get that at all
Allegra
Member # 6773

(((blacwolve)))
(((raia)))
(((alcon)))
(((breyer)))
(((stryker)))
(((aj)))
(((megan)))
(((rivka)))
(((kyrie)))
(((everyone)))

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Ic)))))
(((((Allegra)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Kylie))))) [Razz]
(((((Tick))))) How goes the babysitting adjustment?
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((AJ)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Sawah)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Anna)))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still amazed that I get hugs at all. [Big Grin]

(((tt&t)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Eruve Nandiriel)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((hugs everyone)))

Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] all.

(reaches down and pinches a hiney)

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

Anyones hiney in particular Chad?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm back... *heavy sigh*

(((((((((All the Bloomington folks I won't see again for a long time)))))))))))
(((((((((Alcon))))))))))))

(((((((Everyone else I don't have time to list right now))))))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

(((hugs for Ticklet)))

He's sick today. [Frown]

Allegra
Member # 6773

(((Tick& Ticklet)))I hope he feels better.
(((Chad))) You have taken quite a beating recently, so I thought you might want a hug.
(((Blacwolve)))
(((Raia))) I am glad you made it back safe!
(((Alcon))) How many Euro classes have you slept through so far?
(((Breyer)))
(((Stryker)))
(((Aj)))
(((Megan))) I tried to e-mail you but it didn't go through
(((Rivka))) Thank you
(((Kyrie)))
(((Everyone)))

Icarus
Member # 3162

Ticklet must have given it to Mango.

>:O

[ October 14, 2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
((((mango))))

edited because my hugs are always, always lopsided.

[ October 14, 2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Well, my boy loves the ladies. And he's in to older women, too. Mostly redheads though, so it probably wasn't him. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.