FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hurricane Ivan

Author Topic: Hurricane Ivan
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Living on the gulf coast, I paid mild attention to Ivan until I learned that he was a category five.

I'm heading back home tomorrow morning to Lake Charles per Mom's request, still close but not as close as school. Driving's going to be hell on wheels, and I think I'm brining a roommate or two with me. I'll keep you updated.

I request prayers for Averadu, Toretha, Fyfe, and everyone else who is staying in the area.

Stay safe, y'all.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
And you as well. That's a big ugly storm out there. Seems like there will be flooding everywhere near where it ends up.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, she's worried I'm going to go out and run around in the hurricane

*bounces excitedly* hurricane, hurricane, hurricane!!!!!!!!

Mayday, dont worry about Jen and me, we've got food, and sodas and flashlights and all sorts of fun stuff. And candy. And we got her flipchair, so she can spend the night in my room if she wants. It'll be jolly good fun. And hurricanes are so beautiful1

[ September 14, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Anna on this. I'm ready for the hurricane! I'm cozy in my apartment with Oscar Wilde (my dog) and lots of oil paint and canvas. :-) And, if it gets really bad, I'm going to my mom's house, to where it seems half of New Orleans has evacauated.

Just...my prayers are with those who aren't excited about the hurricane, but rather fearing the potential devastation. [Group Hug]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a hurricane when I lived in Louisianna. We stayed at the house of a member of our church because we lived in a trailer house. I don't remember much except coming home and finding the place infested with various creatures who had sought shelter in our trailer. And finding a beautiful dragonfly dead on our path. I was very sad.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother in law refuses to leave, and her house is less than 2 miles from the beach in Gulfport MS.

Wes called the sheriff and asked them to go by and let her know the meaning of "mandatory."

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
during hurricane Andrew, my father took us out on the porch and had us watch the hurricane. It was beautiful.

I know all the bad things, and harms they do, and I wish they didn't come anywhere near people. But still...I love hurricanes, and their beauty, and winds....

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I was outside during the Storm of the Century. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that hurricanes are beautiful as long as home or family is not damaged.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
::shrugs off lurker status briefly to say..::

My sister and brother in Law evacuated from New Orleans yesterday, just a week or so after moving into their new home. Now they're heading north with the dog, cat and wedding photos [Frown] so I just wanted to say that Imogen and I are thinking of y'all there on the gulf coast. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

be strong
tony

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm back home in Lake Charles, having decided to leave at around 9 yesterday. I aparently left at the perfect time--traffic was not bad at all, it just took me an extra hour.

I'm not that worried now that it's dropped down to four, but y'all stay safe. Oh, and we have plenty of batteries, Toretha, just call Correlle.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
*prayers for all*

I'm glad you got home safe MayDay!

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.