FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bring Me to Life

Author Topic: Bring Me to Life
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't listen to a lot of music. It isn't because I don't like or don't think it's important - it's because I'm cheap, and I won't download from the internet. I guess I got out of the habit.

I've been reading a lot of science fiction and Terry Pratchett lately, and as something of a reaction I decided to watch some Britney Spears and Evancescence videos on Yahoo. And...I forgot how much I loved music. I want to dance.

[ September 16, 2004, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You said "Brittney Spears" and "Evanescence" in the same sentence...

O.o

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Every once in awhile, when no one is home and no one is watching, I close all of the curtains, stuff towels under the doors, and dance around the house to Destiny's Child.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a decent connection, go here, select the full screen version of the page, and near the bottom, there's a place to stream the music directly from the website, the band's official one. (I suggest the Any Time Now album)

[Smile]

[edit: If you like Britney and Evanescence, this might not be your kind of dance music. [Razz] ]

[ September 16, 2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
if you have a ps2, get groove. dance, dance, dance the night away!
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
DDR rocks. They have techno mixes of classical music.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bring me to life reminds me of a disturbing series I read called Fire-Us.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I like SmashMouth. I, like, listen to them on a regular basis. I even have one of their CDs.

I also like Bob Dylan for his voice.

I liked "Pop" by n'sync.

I LOVE "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks.

And that's only the surface of my awful, awful taste in music. *sigh*

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Frisco, you're wonderful.

-----

I don't know what I like. I haven't listened to enough and I haven't sampled enough and I haven't danced (lately) enough to know what it is that I like. I listened to Britney's version of My Perogative and Evenascence came on after. Bring Me to Life...made me want to.

[ September 16, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a tape of songs I compiled for my husband a few years ago. That was really fun to listen to again. Though it's hard not to listen to the lyrics and realize they really aren't that enlivening. I'm speaking here if INXS, the Bangles, Duran Duran. Aretha Franklin still works for me.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Good stuff frisco! *Rock on Smiley* I love O.A.R. I'm trying to get tickets to see them soon.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather dance, I'd rather dance

[ September 16, 2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
DDR for the ps2 has techno remixes of classic? *twitches* I may want that now. I love classic, I love techno... Techno Classic would be sweet.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wistle song on DDR is freakin' cool! [Cool] I love that song!!!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's really too bad jatraqueros don't live close to you to go dancing with you, Kat. I feel for you.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
kat, my mp3's are playing in your honor.

Not dancing, though. [Wink]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you've found music again. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
You put Britney Spears and Music in the same paragraph without the obligatory "is not" or "bad". This makes my brain hurt. [Wink]

That aside, I'm glad you remembered to like music. Music is life, I don't think I could ever forget to like music. [Big Grin]
--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's really too bad jatraqueros don't live close to you to go dancing with you, Kat. I feel for you.
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Storm to shake my groove thang with.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Well, I'm sure she would only want to dance with people that wouldn't make her look bad. [Wink]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Cocaine's a heck of a drug, Stormy. [Wink]

[ September 16, 2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I prefer sniffing glue, thanks. Cheap, and you don't have to wait as long for all those pesky brain cells to die.
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
Bring me to Life always reminds me of Daredevil and how much I hated that movie. [Grumble]
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I think of it the other way - Bring Me to Life was the only good thing to come out of the movie "Daredevil."

That and Jennifer Gardner looks pretty good with a braid and an exercise top. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Can Dance. Try The Serpent's Egg or Toward the Within. And rent the video for Toward the Within. Lisa Gerrard is the only person I know who could do justice to a Klingon Opera. Perfect if you want some ethereal, sensual dance music.

On a lighter note, pick up Watts in a Tank by Diesel (remastered on CD last year, originally released in 1980). If you're not singing along two minutes into it, I'll eat my hat. [Hat]

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

What is it with guys and Jennifer Gardner? Maybe I'm just bitter or something but I don't think she's that pretty and I'm pretty good about admitting when other women are pretty. Outside of being in ridiculously good shape, she's not that great. Sorta chipmunkish, really. [Razz]
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
My marching band did some basics to "Toxic" yesterday. It was thrilling. We didn't get to dance though.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

quote:
What is it with guys and Jennifer Gardner? Maybe I'm just bitter or something but I don't think she's that pretty and I'm pretty good about admitting when other women are pretty. Outside of being in ridiculously good shape, she's not that great. Sorta chipmunkish, really.
Have you seen her in a miniskirt and boots?!

And incidentally, we here at Hatrack call her Jenny.

[ September 17, 2004, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

Well...no, but I was talking about her face.

You have seen her face, right?

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Women don't have faces. It is known.
Frisco
Member # 3765

You know nothing, Storm Saxon.

The face is where the mouth is.

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is it with guys and Jennifer Gardner? Maybe I'm just bitter or something but I don't think she's that pretty and I'm pretty good about admitting when other women are pretty. Outside of being in ridiculously good shape, she's not that great. Sorta chipmunkish, really.
Assuming you're talking about Jennifer lack-o'-d Garner, she's actually one of the extremely few famous people out there that I do find attractive. I'm not really sure why, but it probably does have something to do with her being in ridiculously good shape.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides the fact that Britney Spears was the one to remind you that you like music, I completely identify with this problem.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

JenniferGarner* is in a long line of actresses extremely popular with men because of their roles playing physically&mentally tough women. It's geneticly built in. Long before any man could afford a woman as decoration, men found women who could help chase out the cavebear to be very attractive.

*The FirstLook(Mirror) link works.

[ September 17, 2004, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Garner, Garner - I can never spell her last name correctly.

To be fair Uhl, Jennifer Garner is an actress who I waver between thinking she's really hot to just cute and somewhere inbetween.

I'm a sucker for cheekbones, but she's naturally bony to the point of looking emaciated in the wrong light.

As for "admitting other women are hot" - it still depends on your taste. I remember a female friend in high school asked me if I thought Halle Berry was hot - I didn't and I don't. Her response was, "if I was a guy, I'd think she was hot."

Well, she wasn't this guy. I can see how people can and do think she's attractive, but she doesn't do anything for me.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Then, by your own admission, you are not a guy.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Heh, the sad part is Scott - I've asked myself that on occasion.

But with respect to Karl, the alternative holds no interest for me either. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, let me save you from yourself. Do not listen to Brittney Spears!

Get Tool's Lateralus. It is teh awesome. You must hear this cd.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<deeply concerned>

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It gets worse, Anne Kate.

I like an Avril Lavigne song. And I fell asleep at the Tool concert.

[ September 17, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat,
it is OK to listen to whatever music you like. I actually kind of like Avril, too. My daughter listens to her.
If you like to dance, I will send you some (BIG SURPRISE AHEAD) Donna the Buffalo. I have a pile of cds I am sending out. Any. Day. Now. And I still have your address.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

If you haven't already, try out some JossStone's "SuperDuperLove" on SoulSessions.
To my ear, the kid is already the best blues singer to come along in past 30 years.

[ September 17, 2004, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

Oooh, yes! You must listen to "SuperDuperLove"...it's so infectious, I couldn't stop listening to it for months after I got it.
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
<laughs> Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Indeed it is right to listen to the music that you enjoy. But that doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to educate yourself and give your tastes a chance to be schooled to something better. [Smile]

So, my musical blessing be upon you, child! <makes hand signs over her head> Go thou and do likewise! Listen and enjoy! <<<<<<hugs>>>>>>

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Trevor, you have spoken much about how "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and who you *don't* find attractive. Give me an example of the epitomie of attractiveness for Trevor. Inquiring minds want to know. [Razz]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*hugs* You're so cute, anne kate.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<laughs and hugs back>>>>> So are you, dearest Katie! So are you!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Somehow Annie and Hobbes have changed bodies. [Angst]
TMedina
Member # 6649

I thought you were downright adorable, Beverly. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.