FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Amazing Race ending.

Author Topic: Amazing Race ending.
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched the end of Amazing Race. I am glad the couple who won did. I didn't like Colin. He treated his GF horribly. She frankly deserved better.

I was for the Father/Daughter team at the beginning, then for the Team Little People.

The Christian Couple were very sincere. Naive, but it didn't seem to hurt them.

I thought the finale was kind of a let down though.

A small wooden maze?

They really needed to vamp that puppy up.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought brandon and nikki, and the blonde twins were rather stupid.

I first wanted the military dad and daughter to win, but then chip and kim after they lost.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I disliked Colin and Christy, they were probably the best racing team the show has ever had. They made almost no mistakes while racing. The idea of calling ahead and arranging a taxi to meet them at the Dallas airport was brilliant.

I am glad Kim and Chip won.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathrynHJanitor
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for KathrynHJanitor   Email KathrynHJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
TAR is without exception my favorite show on television. This was the first time the couple I wanted to see win, actually won. I thought the end was terrific. There was excitement all the way to the finish line. Even that obnoxious Colin was a good sport when he finally lost.

Life is good.

KHK

Posts: 92 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that most bugged me about Colin (and there were A LOT OF THINGS that bugged me about Colin) was when Chip roadblocked him and then he kept talking about "playing dirty" and "betrayal".

Uh, dude, it's a RULE OF THE GAME. There's nothing "dirty" about it. Is it "betrayal" when someone trumps your hand in cards? Quit being a whiney-boy and suck it up.

Oh, and I SOOOOO wanted him to get arrested in Africa when he tried to stiff the cabby.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
KarlEd - My wife and I were saying the exact same thing each time he complained about the yield.

Kathryn - Agree 100% - We wanted them to win and am glad to hear they did.

We went to the local Fair on Tuesday and forgot to set the VCR so we missed the final show. That just bites!

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I didn't like him because of the way he treated his girlfriend.

I really don't think she did anything to deserve the miriad of "outbursts" that he flung her way.

That's not how dating/courting life is right now is it?

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please, Christie and Colin are both perfect for each other. His outbursts may have been more memorable (My ox is BROKEN!!), but hers were just as vile. Her little dripping with contempt jabs during Oxfest 2004: "Colin, is it possible for you to control him? Please answer me when I talk to you. If there's any way possible that you can not wander aimlessly..." "Colin, why don't you learn how to control him?" "Listen to yourself. No wonder you can't control it." her total meltdown in traffic: "It's okay, just run them over!" and her crazy shaky-voice gloating about "karma" at the cliff face? Ugh!
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
Like the others, I completely agree with KarlEd. I would like to say I was surprised by how Colin and Christy continued to dwell on the roadblock long after it happened, but I really wasn't too surprised. I was surprised, however, by how graciously Colin took the loss (at least on camera).

I was rooting for Chip and Kim as well. They both seem to be down-to-earth, humble and sincere people.

One thing I always am left wondering about is how much of the "excitement" comes from how the show is edited. For example, toward the end when they made it seem like Chip and Kim spent hours in the maze, then Colin and Christy breezed through. Then they showed Chip and Kim stuck in traffic and Colin and Christy's driver driving on teh shoulders, etc. Given the editing, it appeared that Colin and Christy were at least very, very close to passing Chip and Kim, if not ahead of them. But, at the end, Chip and Kim arrived with Colin and Christy nowhere to be found. How far behind were they really?

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

They purposely edit it that way. They could be hours apart, but they don't want to allow you to know that until the very end when they do the "Whose gonna come over the hill/around the corner" shot.

If you knew who won in the first 15 minutes, you won't watch the commercials shown during the other 45.

Just my opinion.

JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I wasn't entirely clear. I realize they edit like that on purpose. And they do an excellent job in that regard. I am curious though and would like to see a "behind the scenes" that would, among other things, show just how far apart the teams actually were.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, I think the race at the end would be a bit more boring.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
On a side note, my sister once fired christie back when they were in college together and my sister was her boss at a restaurant.

It is her opinion that Christie deserves someone as mean as collin because christie is no picnic herself.

She is quite vehement about it.

lol

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.