FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it!

Luckily, I think a friend may have recorded it...

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
They're a couple!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mr. Backgammon is possibly racist. He seemed too focused on the whole "light/dark" thing ... as though that was part of his philosophy/world view ... I thought he might be in the KKK or something - where he had in the past taken action against black people and now might find out how wrong he's been.

Just a WAG. [Dont Know]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to think he was being a bit more philosophical than physical, Cay [Wink]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Locke is a fascinating character.

And now we know what the "miracle" was. Wow.

FABULOUS episode.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I work Wednesday nights and have to rely on getting the show taped. I haven't seen last week's or this week's show. [Frown]

Go ahead with the spoilers, though. It gives me something extra to look for when I do get to see those episodes. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay what's up with the mysterious guy in the suit?

This is getting strange. I love it.

Commercials are getting out of hand. I was so annoyed at the amount of ads they showed last night.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen the first hour of the pilot (in the middle of the night last night), and they apparently landed on the Jurassic Park island.

Also, Merry is extremely hot with the intense eyes and scruffy beard.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait until he speaks, kat. . . That accent. . .

What? Oh. . .uh. . .GO REDSKINS! HOO-RAH!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Yes Kat, he's a cutie.

*eyes Scott suspiciously*

Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn this confusion. I've just discovered this thread and took a quick look at the "Lost" site and now i want to watch it! In-fact without ever having seen an episode i want to know what happens next week!

When does this baby come to the UK?

Curse you Hatrackers. Curse you for making me need to watch another imported show! Was 24 not enough?!!!

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it for the first time last night and loved it.

But "The Island of Dr. Moreau" keeps going through my head...

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I love the Locke character. Note how his name is John Locke. I thought that was very cool. What I want to know is how Locke became so good with a knife. I'm also guessing he found the pig already dead.

But I want to know- what did he see and why doesn't he say? I want to know about the THING.

I'm assuming, that from the "next week on Lost" thing that the man in the suit is Jack's mind playing tricks on him (or something on the island playing tricks on him which is an interesting possibility) as he said "Dad?". The likelyhood of Jack's father or a lookalike of Jack's father actually being on the island is very small.

I liked how Jack wasn't caring at all and then Rose asked him if he became a doctor because he was so caring. Heh.

I didn't like the fishing business. I didn't understand- was (I nearly wrote Dom, I actually forget his 'real' name) Domonic Monaghan's character sad that he was being used by the annoying girl or was he just confused?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

She is annoying isn't she Teshi. I couldn't figure out what the deal was there either.

The Korean wife is obviously interested in the kids dad.

Locke is interesting.

In next weeks previews didn't it show Locke seeing the man in the suit as well?

When Locke came in contact with the "whatever", he was definitely look UP, so it couldn't have been the boar he was looking at.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know how Locke was able to not only stand up, but walk and run, after being in a wheelchair for 4 years. Does the fact that he not only got a miracle cure, but had 4 years of atrophy erased mean something or did the writers just decide not to deal with that?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Maybe they just haven't dealt with it yet.

Hopefully there will be a reason for each and every scene they're so slowly showing us.

If not, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
I think whatever cured Locke's legs, could easily deal the atrophy. I won't mind if they don't specifically mention it.

Maybe the island has a supernatural quality - look for the pregnant lady's baby to cease moving again, only to mysterious come back to life.

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Oh, Foust, that's an amazing idea, I never considered that.
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
What if they're all dead and in purgatory and working their way out????

That would explain Locke getting his legs back.

And oh the drama of the "Monster". It's driving me nuts [insert witty pirate joke] waiting to find out what it is. They can show the camera angle of a boar and the "Monster" hows about the guy looking at it already!!!

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What if they're all dead and in purgatory and working their way out????
I've actually been wondering if they're dead as well. The one woman's comment about her husband not being dead and then saying that those who died probably think everyone on the island is dead struck me as odd. And then combining that with Locke and his miracle...
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

The Koreans are brother and sister, not husband and wife.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[Confused]

Okay I suspected that, once, then was swayed by the above link.

[Confused]

zgator
Member # 3833

I has assumed that Locke got the use of his legs back by the shock of the crash knocking something into a different position. The more I think about it, though, the more that doesn't really sound feasible. The miracle cure that also took care of the atrophy actually sounds more plausible.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have a full synopsis-like thing of this week's episode? I forgot to record it, and, while this conversation is sort of helpful, I'm not really following it.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

There are summaries posted on ABC's website usually the day after the episode airs.

Looks like the Koreans are definitely married.

OMG!!! I can't wait til next week!!!

This may be the first series I buy on DVD.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh... I haven't seen an episode yet and I really have no intention to, but I'm pretty sure reading this thread is much more entertaining than watching the program itself.

[Razz]

How about: They're all unwittingly part of a new reality show? Something of a cross between Fear Factor and Survivor?

[Evil]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I suspect that the Koreans are either just married via an arranged marriage, or were about to be married via an arranged marriage.

His comment last night, "That's what a husband does," and her reaction to it lead me to believe this.

katharina
Member # 827

Da Goat, try www.televisionwithoutpity.com - they'll have a short, short summary sometime today, and full on recap later this week.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

The whole hallucination thing brought the episode to the perilous brink of silliness... I hope they avoid that in the future.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Was it completely a hallucination though? His father's coffin was empty.

BTW, what kind of cheap coffin did he get that you can demolish it with a stick?

Tammy
Member # 4119

[Frown] I wasn't as thrilled with last nights episode as I wanted to be.

*laughs* For some reason I really got freaked with the doll in the water, until of course they showed the doll trail and where it led.

So...why is the coffin empty? Hmmmmm?

Those Koreans...*shakes head*...they're certainly confusing me.

I didn't like what they did to Mr. Pretty Eyes, making him steal the water. Why did they have to do that?

Next week looks promising.

Teshi
Member # 5024

I get way too much into this show than I should. Last night wasn't brilliant but it was definately good enough to tide me over until next week.

My favourite part was when Jack appeared during the fight and everyone fell quiet. Hooray!
Oh, and I also liked the interaction between Dom's Character and the Pregnant Lady (Claire?)

[Big Grin]

Tammy
Member # 4119

I like the "new" Locke.
Foust
Member # 3043

Yeah, the doll in the water really freaked me out, too. I was mildly disappointed with the explanation for it.

That's my worry with this series - so many awesome mysteries, so many questions... can the answers possibly live up to my expectations?

IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
DAMN YOU HATRACK!

I was happily ignorant of the entire bittorrent community until the other day when somebody posted a lik to the torrent of Jon Stewart on Crossfire. Now, somebody reccomended torrenting Lost. You know what? I did. Now I don't know how I will ever be free of the torrent!

www.isohunt.com by the way, is where I found it. You will not be able to do this without broadband, people. The files are 300+ mbegabytes, but the quality is amazing! It is, I believe, the full HD file, so it's better than DVD. Just search for Lost and click Torrents. You must have bittorrent installed.

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Big Grin] *dies*

I LOVE this show!

Favourite bit: When Dom's character (I still can't remember his name!) gave up his cocaine or whatever for his guitar.

Okay, new development seems to be John Locke's "understanding" of the Island. You've got to give it something and there is his guitar. Was that just because Locke already knew that the guitar was all right, or was it literally "magic"? Hm, perhaps this ties in with whatever Locke "saw" when he saw the THING.

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
ARGH! Why do I always forget to record it! [Wall Bash] Now I'm going to have to wait for a Saturday repeat again.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I think Locke knew along the guitar was there. I don't think he even looked up when he pointed it out to Charlie.

Has Matthew Fox's character been in every flashback scene involving the airport or the plane? He was standing at the ticket counter during the Korean couple's flashback.

Tammy
Member # 4119

I was happy to learn some of the Korean couples history. I love the fact that she spoke English.

I'm sure Locke saw the guitar before he told Dom's character. His name is Charlie? Why do I keep thinking Matthew Fox's name is Charlie? Was that his name on "Party of Five"?

The rest of the show... [Sleep]

I'm worried that the show's season will come to an end with important info still out there untold.

Step it up a bit there Mr. Producer!

msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone notice the book the one guy was reading?

Watership Down.

And do not expect all the secrects to come out. Why would we ever want to come back if we knew everything.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

You're right about the secrets. I guess I'm just impatient. I'd like the show to be two hours instead of one.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
It is getting curiouser and curiouser... Some great moments in the recent episode, but not as much about the island as I had hoped.

The married Korean couple is making more sense now, and they have quite a story behind them.

I just wish there had been a bit more suspense in this one. There just wasn't that floating menace of the monster in the jungle.

But I'll keep happily watching.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I think the menace in the jungle would get old if they kept playing it up every week.
Foust
Member # 3043

Who was reading Watership Down?

I guess that doesn't bode well for the people who stayed on the beach... [Angst]

msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy who is sort of the criminal type. The one who shot the polar bear. He was reading it when the spoiled blonde came up and asked for some bug spray or something.

I recognized the cover.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I downloaded this, but it wigged out halway through. [Frown]
Foust
Member # 3043

That guy was reading Watership Down?

Wow. Curiouser and curiouser. That little detail makes me think about that character in a whole new way.

If it's a throwaway detail that means nothing, I'll feel cheated.

Taalcon
Member # 839

Have you noticed that every single episode (exclusing episode 2, which is really just the second half of the pilot) begins with an extreme close-up of a character's eye? I think this is a really cool stylistic detail. I kinda hope they keep it up.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Wow Taalcon, you're observant! I wonder if that's just style or if it has some "other" meaning...
peterh
Member # 5208

More character development and less island development make for a better show in the long run, but I'm ready for some more detail about the island.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.