FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Three Wishes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Three Wishes
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yippee!!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh.

The funny thing about this is that I just made a post on my livejournal saying how a teleportation device really needed to be invented pronto... and it seems like there are a lot of people here who agree with me. Based on the fact that there's a bunch of geniuses here; how hard would it be? and if I gave you a few hundred dollars would you make me one?

[Razz] (except I'm not really kidding...)

I'd also like to say that this:
quote:
Eating good chocolate would make me lose weight.
is the best wish ever. That one deserves to be granted. Think of how many people would be instantly happy!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
No!!! Don't do it! That's one of those weird "monkey's paw" wishes that has some hidden danger in it. Like you'd be eating Belgian Ex Lax or something!!

Beware!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Teleportation - at least 3-400 years, probably never to the point that we could teleport a person... [Dont Know]

Anyway, I don't really see how you can verify my assumption [Big Grin]

And for a real wish: to go back in time to a certain date (won't write it here), with the knowledge I have now and with the world exactly like it was then. I don't care for winning the lotery - though it would be interesting to see if I'd be capable of NOT betting on stuff I KNOW. What I do care about is hurting other people, I wish I could relive those moments and change them. Anyway, I'm starting not to need this wish anymore, since most of the things I've done are forgiven, but still...

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I no longer have the thread kiss-of-death. One of my threads has reached two pages. Wheeee!
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I had that too, even with threads that were not my own... So who knows, maybe after this post... ?! [Razz]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.