FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 19)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You are now Ender's Game. Unfortunately, having a good title doesn't get you as far as it once might've. Especially with that copyright infringement lawsuit hanging over your head.

I wish I had the money that a certain state paid for its failed data system.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solero
Member # 8668

- posted      Profile for solero   Email solero         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You have all the money that a certain state paid for its failed data system. You now have Millions of $$$. you run into the girl/guy of your dreams, but she doesnt like your rich like attitude. try again....

I wish that I found a way to make spyware never exist.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, we're bombed back into the stone age and there won't be such things as computers or the Internet for ANOTHER million years. Thanks a bunch!

I wish a major meteor would strike the moon in my lifetime so I could see it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. The meteor completely shatters the moon, sending large pieces spinning toward Earth, resulting in the ultimate destruction of our planet.

I wish more people liked peanut butter M&Ms.

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Psych!

Granted, so many people like Peanut Butter M&Ms that it is now the only candy sold in the world and you soon gag at the mere idea of the little colored ovoids.

I still wish a major meteor would strike the moon in my lifetime so I could see it.

krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
The meteor hits the moon, but it happens while u are getting "lucky" with some exotic brazilian woman and all u see are the highlights on the news the next day.

I wish i was already done with college.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! You've finished college. You spend the rest of your life working in a cube farm, wishing you were still in college.

I wish that I would win a cutting edge gaming PC, so perfectly equipped that nothing could possibly be done to improve its performance on even the most graphics intensive games.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

Noemon, u finally get that awesome computer, and no game will ever require more than what that computer has. only problem is that the people who made it forgot to add the slots in the back and there is no way to connect a mouse or monitor or keyboard. The company that made it just went bankrupt and you cant return it now to be fixed.

I wish to never be in another arguement with my girlfriend ever again. (hehe, dont go easy on this one just cuz i mentioned a girlfriend)

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Looks like that gun she has pointed at your forehead will guarantee that.

I wish all my moving boxes were put away.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

another hurricane hits and wipes out everything. now u have to evacuate your state and move in with relatives. but hey, no more boxes to put away.

I wish that i had taken the time to think of something original and witty, not cheap and lame like that.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, it takes all the time you had left to live.

I wish I could articulate thoughts better in English.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Poof! You can now articulate thoughts better in English than in your native language. Unfortunately, you can't actually speak English, but, if you could, you would definitely be able to articulate your thoughts better in it.

I wish I didn't have to tell people tomorrow how badly they are doing and that the fault lies not in their database, but in themselves.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now instead of "having to" tell people, you just really really want to tell them how badly they are doing... which leads to lots and lots of personal complications.

I wish I had one of my papers written.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! One of your papers is written . . . in a dead language. A very dead language. So dead that only one person currently living speaks it. And he lives on the other side of the country, and isn't expected to live through the night.

I wish I had gotten done all the things I had been planning to do today.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. But to accomplish all of that you didn't spend any time on Hatrack today!

I wish there was a Halloween every month.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

Granted. No Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Easter, birthdays, or any of that rot. But _plenty_ of Halloweens. Oh, by the way, your dentist wants to have words with you, and there's some kids coming your way with rolls of toilet paper. Have a good 'un.

I wish my computer would stop humming so loudly (WITHOUT DYING OUTRIGHT, THANK YOU!)

[ October 28, 2005, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: Sterling ]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Your computer is now completely silent. That's right, the humming is gone! Sadly, the mike and speakers are completely dead too.

How about brownies that come in the night and complete the assembly of the cabinet that is currently lying in pieces all over my living room floor?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

The brownies come in the night and assemble the cabinet lying in pieces all over your living room floor. Unfortunately, they assemble the cabinet pieces into shoes.

I wish I was asleep half an hour ago!

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Sterling! Wake up! You are posting on Hatrack in your sleep! Now go to bed, you nut.

I wish I had a pair of special magic shoes.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately their power is to make anyone who wears it look stupid. Also you can't take them off.

I wish I would be better at Morrowind.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! This Genie is a bit deaf as well as not being into games, so she assumes that Marrowmind is 'narrowmind'. She thinks it's a very odd wish, but transforms you into Rev. Fred Phelps with a shrug, then, with a rainbow colored poof of smoke, diappears.

I wish it was Saturday.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. It WAS Saturday -- six days ago.

I wish I had a helicopter so that I could avoid traffic.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

And you thought that automotive fuel was expensive!

I wish that the SW Ohio had a huge population of interesting, thoughtful, sociable Jatraqueros.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
It does--they are all camped out in your back yard indefinitely.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

"Well, c'mon, this is like shooting fish in a barrel," the genii mutters as he causes a regional recession to ensure that your job is gone and you can't find a substitute.

I wish that all my favorite foods were sugar free, fat free, and tasted great!

Noemon
Member # 1115

They do! Unfortuntely they cause such extreme flatulence as to actually be dangerous. There is a rash of incidents in which people actually rupture, so rapid and violent is the production of gas.

On the plus side, the gas doesn't really smell any worse than normal gas.

I wish that Vosges would lower the price of their candy bars to fifty cents without changing the quality of their product.

solero
Member # 8668

- posted      Profile for solero   Email solero         Edit/Delete Post 
DONE! you buy so many that you become SO Fat you cant lift up the remote and are stuck watching reruns of the crapy show that aired for 1 month in the 80s

I wish my brother didnt get killed in a car accident

Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ah, man, no fair whipping out a wish like that. How can we twist something that sincere into anything funny. If I were the genie I'd just grant you your wish, straight up.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah. And I wish that Noemon posted a new wish so that the thread wouldn't just fade away.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted, Noemon posted a new wish, and you are now responsible for the disaster this thread will become in the future.

I wish we had a maid.

Pariah
Member # 8773

- posted      Profile for Pariah   Email Pariah         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted you now have a maid. You don't have any socks however because she put them away in some magical drawer nobody knows about but her. Looks like blisters and cold feet for you buddy.

I wish I had a 1969 z-28 Camaro RS in mint condition.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You'll find it in your next box of Lucky Charms.

I wish my nose would stop bleeding.

*Edited for spelling*

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted. Of course, having the contents of your entire circulatory system replaced by Play-Doh is really no picnic either.

I wish there was a way to carve a pumpkin and have it come out the way I'm imagining it.

rivka
Member # 4859

Granted. You sick, sick, sick man! [Eek!] The cops are going to want that as evidence, you know.

I wish I didn't have to go into the office shortly (while still keeping my job, thanks).

Sterling
Member # 8096

You don't have to go into the office shortly. No one could expect it of you, really, seeing as how all the exits to your home have been bricked over.

I wish I knew a competent, non-psychotic, low-priced babysitter!

firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, you have eben indroduced to the most fantastic baby sitter, she is amazing and great price. Unfortunately, she has no time for you.

I wish I had that time resinding devise Hermione had in Harry Potter.

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

One time-turner, coming right up! Unfortunately, you meet yourself both coming and going, and the resulting time paradoxes cause the universe to simultaneously implode and explode.

I wish the other person who I work with could develop a pleasant, non-passive-aggressive disposition.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Again? Back to the post office for you!

I wish that when the boss treats the office to goodies, just once, it would be something kosher that I could eat.

rivka
Member # 4859

(I call foul! I was carefully specific that this time it was the person who needed to change! [Razz] )
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But in the time that you spent reading this, your co-workers finished the lot.

I wish I could find a dark green robe somewhere in this house in the next half hour.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

Granted, unfortunately, Voldy is in the dark green robe and low and behold performs the cruxio curse upon you leaving you in utter pain.

I wish for a helicopter (and the ability to fly it!)!

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted. You got your helo and you can fly it. Unfortunately, you didn't learn about restricted airspace. Flying that close to the White House, you were just asking for trouble. The good news is you were insured.

I wish that we get more kids for Halloween next year.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
HA. Granted. Next year, kids storm your house in the thousands, demanding candy. When you run out they steal all your food and your DVD collection and leave your house torn into shreds.

I wish I could travel in time and get Chaucer to help me write my assignment because that would be awesome.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariah
Member # 8773

- posted      Profile for Pariah   Email Pariah         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, Chaucer wrote your paper. Your teacher knows YOU had almost nothing to do with the writing of it, Must have been the difference of vocabulary. Oh by the way he spent so much time working on your paper the Canturberry Tales never were/are/will be Thanks a bunch!

I Wish for the perfect sandwich.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your teacher knows YOU had almost nothing to do with the writing of it, Must have been the difference of vocabulary.
That's the point of the paper, heh heh, which is why Chaucer writing it would be awesome. [Big Grin] .

Granted. You have the perfect sandwich. It's been left out for two weeks though. Now it's the perfect ex-sandwich. It is no more.

I wish I had a day off.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted, you are now one day behind the rest of the world. Nobody notices you, but the history books are full of your antics. Weird.

I wish Donna the Buffalo was playing a gig on our block.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Sure. Donna the Buffalo is playing on your block. Your cell block.

I wish I could play guitar.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You can. Badly.

I wish my dog liked baths.

firebird
Member # 1971

Granted, he now loves them, and I mean love. Every little pool of water and there he is rolling in it, a puddle, a pond, a lake. he even jumps into the bath with you!

i wish I knew all the funky restaurants in town.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You know them all. From the quality of their dumpster contents. Mom would be so proud.

I wish the elves had moved my new computer into its new spot for me.

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.