FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 21)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish people wouldn't delete their posts!

but I have to admit that was hilarious and I am glad I was able to participate.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You did. But now you don't.
So sad. [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
ha!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

They don't. Now they delete YOUR posts. All 19000+. Who are you again?

I wish the person who I currently work with were replaced with someone pleasant to work with.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Why yes! More pleasant, more efficient, more intelligent, more capable of making your position entirely superfluous! Whoops.

I wish I never had to sleep again.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Poof! Well that was easy...The van from the morgue should be by any minute.

I wish people who promise to do things would actually do them, in a timely fashion too!

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! It turns out that a surprisingly large number of people had been promising themselves they'd beat the stuffing out of you, however...

I wish I knew if Tante was being sarcastic when she said my eye joke on the previous page was awfully funny.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You now have perfect insight into and understanding of the mind that is Tante. Welcome to the asylum.

I wish I didn't get so much junk mail.

(and yes, Eni, I was sincere. That was really funny. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(Yes, it was. I was sad to kill my [ROFL] post right after it, but it was sacrificed for the greater good. [Wink] )
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Tante, you now view ALL mail as critically important and save each piece in a little shrine of its very own. Your house is full.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Kracking Kwanzaa, and a Fabulous Festivus. But mostly Merry Christmas, 'cuz that's what I'm having...

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But all you are no longer Christian, but you are a member of the Islamic religion, so you no longer celebrate Christmas.

I wish I could get a job as Santa Claus at the mall.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You can! Unfortunately you now work as a Santa Claus at the mall.

I wish that the bat that my cat may have mauled an hour ago was completely healthy.

[ December 23, 2005, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

It is, but it was also a Vampire Bat and thus transformed into Dracule and sucked your vlood.

I wish that my wish would not come true.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Only things you do not wish for will come true.

I wish my new boss doesn't find out how much I Hatrack during the day.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He runs across it at night, and fries you. Also, you have to pay back all the wages from when you were posting, leaving you with no money to pay for an internet connection....or electricity...so you have to stop posting on Hatrack completely.

I wish I was with my family this Christmas.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted, but a huge fist fight starts out between your uncle and your dad about who should cut the christmas ham. Needless to say that, with those sharp utensils, it get's ugly.

I wish I didn't have to take naps all the time.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Granted! You are no longer able to fall asleep at all thus making naps useless if you can't fall asleep.

I wish that this post was more clever.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted, it is now the cleverest post on Hatrack...sadly, the place is now so boring (your's being the high-water mark in cleverness ...) that no-one ever reads your post. Um...except me, I guess.

I wish that dkw's family lived closer.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Granted! They live right next door to you. But their house has a force field that cannot be programmed to let you through. So, no matter how hard you try you cannot get into their house.

I wish that my movie could come out in time for Dick Van Dyke and Gene Wilder to star side-by-side.

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. But one of them dies on the set, and the publicity causes the movie to tank.

I wish our fireplace did a better job of warming the house (without burning it down. Too obvious.)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh, it does a great job of warming your tiny one-room shack. Not that you need too much warming up. All that chopping firewood and hauling water from the well really works up a sweat.

I wish I could manage to post on Hatrack in my sleep.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

We thought you had been. Oh well...poof! you get your wish. Everyone notices a remarkable increase in your productivity, and you seem to be making a lot more sense these days too! Your popularity soars, along with your post count. You are lauded by the Cards and Papa Moose as the single greatest contributor to Hatrack.

You sleep through it.

I wish I had finished my Christmas shopping before Christmas.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Granted! You completed all of your Christmas shopping for this Christmas the twenty-sixth of December before the next Christmas. Its all done, but its completed before the wrong Christmas.

I wish that I could make a wish.

aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! However, by granting your own wish in a tricky sort of way, you've created a new dimension in which you no longer exist. In fact, you never existed, so your post and your wish didn't happen and the new dimension was never created so you now exist, but as nothing but a dream sitting on one of the BFG's shelves which, when released, will allow people to think that they're posting on Hatrack, all because of some mix up in rearranging your particles after the switching and subsequent undoing of the dimensions.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
We thought you had been. Oh well...poof! you get your wish. Everyone notices a remarkable increase in your productivity, and you seem to be making a lot more sense these days too! Your popularity soars, along with your post count. You are lauded by the Cards and Papa Moose as the single greatest contributor to Hatrack.

You sleep through it.

I wish I had finished my Christmas shopping before Christmas.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted. I finished all my Christmas shopping.

Hey, wait...I wish I understood how this thread started going backwards, er, inside out, er...eh, whatever.

aiua
Member # 7825

Granted. You do. It just doesn't really matter much, does it..?

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner. That is what I'd truly like to be 'cause if I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner everyone would be in love with me.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Granted. But it is discovered that the secret ingredient in Oscar Mayer Weiners is battery acid and no one loves them anymore.

I wish that my novel had not been deleted off the computer I'm using.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Wish granted! It's not deleted. Just hiding really really well. So well that by the time you find it, you will be a tremendously famous and accomplished author, and you will chuckle at your early efforts. (OK -- it wasn't such a twisted granting of your wish, but I have pity on your situation)

I wish the repairs for my car don't leave me broke.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But as you drive home from the repair shop, some idiot smashes into your car; no one is hurt, but the car is totalled.

I wish my post on A Little Romance would become a popular thread generating much discussion.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! However, it becomes such a heated debate that many feelings are hurt, many posters are infuriated, and everyone leaves Hatrack except for a couple of people you don't like very much, and they only start threads you don't care about, and they never post on any of the threads you start again.

I wish everyone I know who's sick right now would get better.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

Everyone you know who's sick is better. But the plague that suddenly tears through everyone you don't know- oh, the humanity...!

I wish we could find the moving box that contains our DVDs.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

Oh, you can find it okay. Catching it, however, is a different story.

I wish we had all the pictures we need.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You have all of the pictures that you need. All of the blurry, out of focus, subject half in the frame pictures you could ever want. And more!

I wish the Indian place I went to for lunch today had been better.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It was. In fact, so good that it is impossible to get a reservation anymore, and you can never get back in.

I wish I had the perfect pair of shoes -- cute, comfortable, stylish, flattering, rain and snow-proof.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You do, and when you were 8 years old they fit you perfectly. Now? Not so much.

I wish I'd gotten accomplished all of the things that were on my list to get accomplished at work today.

aiua
Member # 7825

As my econ teacher says, "The only things worth doing are worth doing half-assedly. Else, what else can you get done?" Unfortunately, your boss disagrees. However, the beauty in that is that you no longer have things on your to-do list, you lucky thing, you.

I wish the mountain that has invaded my head would leave me in peace.

Sterling
Member # 8096

The mountain that has invaded your head leaves you in peace. Unfortunately, in leaving, it creates a mountain-shaped exit hole.

I wish my back didn't get irritated when I carry my daughter for extended periods.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Voila! No more back pain. And no more excuses. Now you have to carry your daughter everywhere and always.

I wish I had enough sense to go to bed when I'm tired.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Everyone else loses their senses and parties all night, keeping you awake anyway.

I wish I could pick out the psycho girls before I meet them.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Shazam! You can, but you find yourself inexorably attracted to them.

I wish we could all just get along.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

::Paff:: We all get along wonderfully. A new era of cooperation is ushered in, and the money previously spent on defense is channeled into making Earth into a paradise. The diseases that plague us today are cured, education levels rise, population is kept at a sustainable level, and the damaged parts of the biosphere are restored. Warfare is nothing more than a dimly remembered nightmare, and then not even that.

Or at least not until bellicose aliens arrive on Earth and treat us as we have treated defenseless animals without the sense to fear us when we've discovered them.

I wish that an intelligent, peaceful, benevolent alien race, so much more technologically advanced than we are that any attempts at hostility on our part would be laughably incapable of harming them, would make contact with us.

Mathematician
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Mathematician           Edit/Delete Post 
They do, and find us quite to their liking, especially with a hint of garlic salt.

I wish I could divide by zero.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
You can and the answer's the same to every equation... #DIV/0! : )

I wish... I wish... Man. I wish I knew what my wish were and that I had an extra to make it happen...

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Wish Granted. Your wish is to make the exact same wish again. And again. And again...

I wish the next person's wish be granted to me, the wisher, and the person who grants the wish.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted!

However, I wish I was dead and had no soul.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted. You're now Michael Jackson.

I wish I had more annual leave at work.

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted. You are now on a grossly underpaid mission to find the best spots to spend a permanent vacation. (read...u r a hobo)

I wish there weren't 3 Michael Jacksons.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Now there are 3000 Michael Jacksons and none of them have a nose.

I wish we knew who really shot JFK.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! JFK's assasin has just confessed to you! Unfortunately, he now has to kill you to avoid being arrested.

I wish the afterlife is exactly as I expect it to be.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

One version of it is. Pity you're not going to that one.

I wish all fast food was low-calorie and still tasted good.

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.