FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 5)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
For both of you... Granted, however to get them back, you real cars will be transformed into your old collections.

My wish, jeeze I'm running low... That I could have my own soldering iron.

(I'm tired of stealing my father's)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You have your Hot Wheels collection. Your toddler nearly chokes on one and you spend the night answering questions in the Emergency Room.

Vadon: Because its yours and you don't have to be so careful and paranoid about it, you leave your soldering iron on and burn down your parent's house.

I wish I had the game ball from when Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a single game.

[ September 28, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but when you get the ball, it pops.

I wish Bill Gates (Well, all of microsoft) will be found guilty of having a monopoly. ^_^

[ September 29, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*points* no one ever granted sndrakes. Despite it being very far behind...

quote:
I wish my papers would file themselves, neatly and in a way that makes it easy to find the articles I want when I need them.
Granted! however the genie that grants the wish can only speak arabic, so although the articles come easily to hand you cannot read a word of them.

ok, back to whatever wish was last.

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...will be found guilty of having a monopoly
But now the court dockets are so full of Microsoft appeals that all the other monopolies are getting away with murder.

I wish my wife hadn't volunteered me and my truck to help the white trash people move out of their apartment.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wife leaves you and move in with them, taking your truck with her.

After making you move her in with them.

I wish I was in good shape (fitness wise).

[ September 29, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You are buff, you are ripped, you are exactly what women want in a man. You are perfection incarnate. However, your wife knows the old you too well, and could never believe you could look like this. At first she puts out a missing persons report, then a restraint order on you for stalking her, and finally she gives up hope on finding you again and moves in with her mother.

I wish for an exciting job.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! The nuclear bomb squad is glad to have you aboard!

I wish that I would stop forgetting to put a wish.

[ September 29, 2004, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Uh... I wish for an exciting safe job.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wish, not yours T, is granted, you now add your heartfelt wish onto everything you say, including when you say hello to that guys you've had your eye on. Needless to say your popularity drops about as a fast a fish out a plane. Good luck winning him over now! [Evil Laugh]

Hmm, perhaps I got a little too into that.

I wish for proper perspective.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Congratulations, Hobbes, you can now draw in 3 dimensions... just not very well.

I wish for some skills.

Hobbes
Member # 433

Congratulations Nate, you're now the proud owner of the new skill brand tool set. It's a shame that it literally cost an arm and a leg to purchase them.

I wish for courage.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Silly Lion, you've had it all this time...

Actually, you get a Courage the cowardly dog stuffed animal.

I wish for a pepsi right now.

skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I wish for a pepsi right now
A Pepsi suddenly appears in your hand as you are being interviewed for VP of sales at the CocaCola corporation.

I wish I had season 3 of Lost in Space on DVD.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You get it... but there are NO SPECIAL FEATURES!! MUAHAHAHAH! Joking. I pass. Someone else do it.
Hobbes
Member # 433

You recieve the DVDs only to discover that they've all been redone by an Italian film maker who thinks 8-1/2 was a crowd-pleaser.

I wish for 8-1/2 on DVD.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 29, 2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Sunil
Member # 6892

- posted      Profile for Sunil   Email Sunil         Edit/Delete Post 
You get it, but as when you watch it Fellini climbs out of the TV like that girl from The Ring and kills you.

I wish I was murdered by a nun.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunil
Member # 6892

OK, here's my real one:

You watch your DVD with a friend (who's elitist and only watches DVDs). Unbeknownst to you, this friend is a mad scientist. He hates the movie so much that he invents a time machine and kills Fellini's mother (ala Terminator) thereby preventing the movie from ever being made.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Skittles! <conspiratorial grin>
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
This needs a slight nudge...

quote:
I wish I was murdered by a nun.
As you drive home wondering why your wish did not come true, you realize that your brakes are not working as you descend this rather tight and twisting downhill country road. Then you recall the rather strange greasemonkey working in the garage where you thought you'd save a few bucks. You then conclude that this was no greasemonkey at all but a rather disenchanted nun who has been down on her luck and took a job as a mechanic in her cousin's shop. After years of dedication to the Church, she had little interest in automobiles, but needed the money since her Diocese had gone bankrupt from all the lawsuits concerning patriarchial abuse. So in her attempt at being a mechanic the first day, she forgets to tighten down the suspending bolt on your rotor that compresses the disc, thereby slowing the vehicle. As you lumber down the road, the bolt continues to loosen and loosen until it falls out. As this horrible turn of events comes to light in the last few brief seconds of your life, your car careens off a guard rail, becomes airborne, and flips over the rail and plummets to the ground hundreds of feet below, erupting into an orange ball of flame.

Hell of a way to be killed by a nun.

I wish I could have said that in a shorter and less descriptive way.

[ September 29, 2004, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now your post says, "You get killed sort of indirectly by a nun." Bob is so enraged at your failure to do the thing right that he arranges for the long version of the nun death to happen to you.

I wish I could go back in time and talk to Oscar Wilde.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, it's just after he's out of prison and contracted meningitis, and all he does is bitch and moan.

I wish I didn't have ADD.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, the Genie gets his letters mixed up, and now you have no DAD, and you are never born.

I wish I had a pencil that never ran out of lead.

[ September 29, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, pencils write with graphite, so what you have is a very tiny paperweight.

I wish I was Bruce Campbell.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, you switched places with a Bruce Campbell imitator years ago and then burned up the paperwork to prove your identity.

I wish I could draw.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, all you can draw is 70 year old male genitalia.

I wish i could fly.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I wish i could fly
...you become airborne every time granny pinches your little tushy.

I wish the neighbor's dog would doodle in its own yard.

Turgan
Member # 6697

Granted. Unfortunately, the neighbors horse begins to doodle in your yard.

I wish i had about 400 dollars to balance my bank account out and pay for college.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I wish i had about 400 dollars to balance my bank account out and pay for college.
Your $400 gets you two week's tuition at Ringling Bros. Clown College.

I wish it was Christmas.

Turgan
Member # 6697

Granted. But, unfortunately, your tree sets aflame and burns your house down. oh yeah, and you forget how to breathe.

I wish I had Fable.

dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Your X-box breaks, all the stores are on back-order, and your friends who have x-boxes are nowhere to be found.

I wish I owned a complete collection of goth-electronica-industrial CDs.

[ September 29, 2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: dabbler ]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You get the entire collection of CDs you've always dreamed of... when you marry Marilyn Manson's illegitimate less-handsome son Marv.

I wish I could find my purse!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Your purse is found with everything still there and one new item: diarrhea.

I wish I didn't have to eat to stay alive.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You are turned into a photosynthesizing leaf.

I wish I could snap my fingers and make chocolate.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

Granted. Unfortunately, your fingers break, never to be healed before you can do this amazing feat.

I wish i didn't have to urinate so badly.

Turgan
Member # 6697

*bump*
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I wish i didn't have to urinate so badly.
<drip> <drip> Luckily an Amway salesman rings your doorbell and offers you a complementary bottle of carpet shampoo.

I wish the Cub Scouts weren't so rowdy.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, now what do you do with a room full of comatose cub scouts?

I wish I had $10,000,000 in my bank account.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
It is wired to you by a Columbian Drug Lord, and you are caught by the FBI.

I wish my wishes could not go bad.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wishes do not go bad, but go very very good. However, since your wishes are for selfish reasons, that means that you are bad, and your wishes do the good thing and inflict heavy irocal lessons upon your person as fitting punnishment.

I wish I had a job where I was respected by my bosses.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Done. You got the "Cleanest Toilet" Award every month for the past year.

I wish I had straight As in all my classes.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Got them.
You will now take classes exclusively with Oakland A's players who are not gay.

My wish:
I want to have a body like Linda hamilton in Terminator 2.

[ September 29, 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunil
Member # 6892

You get one (in the mail). The police suspect you of murder.

I wish that my wish would not come true.

skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I want to have a body like Linda hamilton in Terminator 2
You get that body by doing pullups on an up-ended bed in the psycho ward. You also inherited a droning, monotonous voice...like dashed, yellow highway median lines.

I wish I had a bicycle like Cousin Hobbes'.

[ September 29, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Done, you now have both the bike, and the unfortunate appearnce of our friend, Cousin Hobbes.

I wish that I didn't skip lunch today.

Hobbes [Smile]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish that my wish would not come true.
*Granted*

I wish that I had a photographic memory.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
the unfortunate appearance of our friend, Cousin Hobbes
That would be an upgrade in my case. Thanks!

quote:
I wish that I didn't skip lunch today.
You're in luck. There's some leftover creamed tuna on toast in the cafeteria.

I wish my wife hadn't assigned me to haul the Halloween decorations down from the attic.

the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
granted, too bad you can't stop thinking about a clockwork orange.

granted. you will arrive home to find your wife crushed beneath a pile of decorations. she'll never ask for anything again.

i wish my dissertation was done.

[ September 29, 2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: the master ]

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'ts done. It's so bad that you are deomoted to "the bachelor".

I wish I could always see next week's stock prices.

[ September 29, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
granted. however, the trip to the far side of the moon required to view the future allows you to neither return or communicate with earth fast enough to act on this information.

i wish i had a fatter cat.

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.