FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 8)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Given that this amounts to only half a packet of Swiss Miss, I wouldn't make any plans for next week. Or tomorrow for that matter.

I wish that I only needed a half hour's sleep a night in order to function normally.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The guys that feed you through your mask agree that this is very normal behavior for you.

I wish that Radiohead would write an infinite amount of music.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, so does Britany Spears and, in case you haven't noticed, radio stations seem to like her more.

I wish i didn't smell so bad today.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now EVERYONE around you smells worse.

I wish i could get away.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. But you are now NOWHERE. The rent is low, but there are no services for an infinite number of miles in every direction.

I wish Car Talk was on the radio during my morning commute.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but the topic of discussion.... every single day.... is Hot Wheels.

I wish I could get my children to eat what I make for dinner.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
They eat it. They eat seconds and thirds. Now, they are overweight.

I wish my kids would clean their room.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
They clean their room, but all the stuff is now in the hallway and living room.

I wish my neck would stop hurting.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It stopped, because your head was removed from it.

(oops, forgot my wish)

I wish the weather was always like it is in October in Massachusetts.

[ October 02, 2004, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

We get the perfect storm. Over and over and over...

I wish I had an idea for a pun smackdown.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You get one, but it is because I make you do one for teachers and students, so, school.

I wish Bob would do a school pun smackdown.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Your wish is granted, but too late and everyone puns about inventions instead.

I wish I'd seen your post earlier.

Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! Unfortunately, he edited his post at the ladt minute. So you were still beaten.

I wish Diana and Naomi would hurry up and get here with my pizza and mozerrella sticks. Besides that, they got them some hot bodies *whistles*

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
<derail for smartass comment>

quote:
Granted. But you are now NOWHERE. The rent is low, but there are no services for an infinite number of miles in every direction.
You're not in Iowa yet, Bob.

</derail>

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Eljay!!! [Eek!]

My boss has been saying that since the news first broke.

She really didn't need people from the Midwest confirming it for her.

<shakes tiny fist>

Now I'm going to lose ANOTHER argument with her.

Drat it all!!!

(PS: I thought motorcycle people stuck together. Sheesh!)

(Oh, and let's not compare the # of riding days available in TX versus "up there.")

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not the whole Midwest. Just Iowa. And more particularly, just where Dana happens to live. Nothing (services) at all.

You'll like it. She's there!

*whistles* Doesn't somebody have a game to play?

[ October 02, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

so.. when are we gonna quit starying off topic and grant my wish?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Turgan's wish is granted. Unfortunately, their hot bodies are due to the melted cheese that slid off the pizzas during a particularly bad swerve.

I wish I had the perfect gift for Dana's birthday.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You find the perfect gift for Dana's birthday. Unfortunately, what you think is her birthday is actually your girlfriend from high school's birthday, and Dana knows this, so you are in really deep doo doo.

I wish I did not have to write progress reports tomorrow.

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! You're fired!

I wish I was president.

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Due to an unfortunate mixup at the Secret Service, the crew spent the day guarding the OLD president and not you. Some nutjob takes advantage. Sorry.

I wish I had a dollar for every time something like this has happened!

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
You suddenly realize that things like that have stopped happening...

I wish I was in Vegas.

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
granted, however, the temptation to gamble leaves you broke, making you lose your home, job, and happiness.

I wish I could see Sir Sean Connrey in person.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Vadon, *whoosh!* You're whisked off to Cumbria in the UK where you come face to face with Sean Connrey, paper mill manager, farmer, and father of 12. He's happy you're here to help him in his daily chores. Just remember on thing... to you, he is "Sir".
Turgan
Member # 6697

ok.. and a wish? Why don't people post wishes?
Turgan
Member # 6697

fine fine fine... I'll do it.

I wish I had a pepperoni pizza here right now.

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
It's twelve years old.

I wish I was the owner of the Kleenex company.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a pepperoni pizza, but it is being eaten by bugs.

I wish I didn't have so much homework to do.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

quote:
I wish I was the owner of the Kleenex company
Granted. Unfortunately, the Kleenex company just went bankrupt because, apparently, Brawny is better.

quote:
I wish I didn't have so much homework to do
Granted. Unfortunately, it's all been turned into school work and the tests are now harder.

I wish Naomi's father wasn't so violent.

Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now Naomi doesn't exist and therefore her "Father" isn't violent. It's just some random man who is.

I wish I could concentrate on what I'm doing instead of being distracted by everything today

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now you are super-focused, and hardly notice anything else around you. Your family, after several tries, can't help you, and you are sent to a psyciatric hospital. You are now in a padded room, and contantly mutter about what you have to be doing.

I wish I had a sword.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Granted. Now you are super-focused, and hardly notice anything else around you. Your family, after several tries, can't help you, and you are sent to a psyciatric hospital. You are now in a padded room, and contantly mutter about what you have to be doing.
*wouldn't mind that too much* [ROFL]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted... you have a beautiful, sterling silver sword with a golden hilt. (a gilt hilt!) And you've got it... through your gullet!

I wish my cat were better behaved.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

One dead cat coming up!

I wish I had the complete collection of Monty Python shows on DVD.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You have the entire set.... straight from Thailand in all their bootleg glory. It is only three minutes into "How Not to Be Seen" that you realize they're dubbed in Cambodian.

I wish there was a good chinese restaurant in town.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. The food tastes good, but it kills you within a week.

I wish I was God.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Granted. You're now a slob and you can't find your way home.

I wish there wasn't so much traffic on my way to work.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted, you now work out of your house and end up tripping over the dog & kids and it takes you 3x as long to get to work as it used to. But no traffic.

I wish I had a monkey.

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
The monkey is rabid and infects you and your loved ones.

I wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. A massive tornado shows up out of season and destroys the entire state - including your school.

I wish for one weekend where I had no responsibilities and could just enjoy myself.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted! The long awaited weekend arrives. You have wonderful plans for how to spend your free time. Wait a minute--remember that linguini with baby clams that you had last night? Remember how they smelled a bit off, but you ate them anyway? You really shouldn't have. It's a good thing you don't have anywhere you have to be this weekend, because you're going to be busy throwing up for the next two days straight.

I wish that a cheap, effective cure for AIDS had just been discovered.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
(How dare you do something I would wish to happen too! You evil just for wishing that, now I have to twist it...)

Granted, but at the finding of the cure, a terrible side effect of giving whoever takes the cure thirty-six types of cancer and small pox...

I wish that I could finish something I set my heart on doing.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Granted! Your heart is no longer an involuntary organ. You are now responsible for pumping your own blood. How you will do this is, of course, your problem.

[Edit...]

I wish I was an Air Force pilot.

[ October 04, 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Defenestraitor ]

Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! But you only enjoy it for one day because you stupidly forget to check your plane thoroughly and crash to the ground.

I wish I had me some paper right now.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Defenstrator, granted! Although you feel like the same old you, your men address you, for some reason, as Col. Tibbets as you make your way toward your plane for what appears to be an important mission. As you round the corner you see your plane before you, dimly illuminated in the moonlight. Huh. That's funny. It's a WWII era B-29, but it looks brand new. You climb into the cockpit, and settle into your seat. Over your radio, you hear the words "Enola Gay, you are cleared for take off". Congratulations! It's about 2 AM on August 6th, 1945, and you're about to fly over Japan and drop Little Boy onto the center of Hiroshima.

Turgan, congratulations! You are holding a sheaf of paper. The paper on the top of the stack is a warrant for your arrest. You're being brought up on murder charges.

I wish that I had a photographic memory.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You do. It's not all it's cracked up to be, though; the things that are most prominent in your photographic memories are things you wish you hadn't seen, like that REALLY hairy guy at the beach in the speedo...ewww...

I wish I had the time and money to get a professional massage.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

You do. When you show up for your appointment, however, you discover that it's one of "those" massage places, and that the hairy guy in the speedo is your masseuse. Unfortunately, he's still wearing the speedo. Even more unfortunately, he doesn't plan to be wearing it at all. Most unfortunately, he's going to expect a tip.

I wish that the granny smith apple sitting on my desk was a jonathan apple.

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, now Johnathon wants his adams apple back.

I wish that I was Highlander.

[ October 04, 2004, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

There can be only one. And buddy, you ain't it.

::Thwack::

::watches as Rhaegar's head goes rolling away::

I wish that I had gotten a good night's sleep last night.

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.