FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Synesthesia- AOL killed Netscape radio!

Author Topic: Synesthesia- AOL killed Netscape radio!
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, AOL didn't kill it. But if you are not an AOL member you cannot listen to more than 1 hour per day. Man that sucks. I was getting hooked to the college/soundtrack/jazz stations too.

Synesthesia do you still listen to radio netscape?

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, oh why are you on AOL? There are other ways!

*weeps for your soul*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I think he's complaining because he's not on AOL, and therefore can only listen to an hour of Netscape Radio a day.

Anyawy, I feel for you, Beren. I used to be big on Internet Radio, but every site with a decent selection I'd fine would consistently be screwed up and over by a big business.

The only ones I listen to now are the ones listed on iTunes, which I've really enjoyed. Of course, I can't help but feel like most of those are going to be taken over, too.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Fight the power!

Da_Goat, I'm on iTunes now too. [Smile]

The sound quality is excellent (several 128 kbps stations) but the selection is not as wide as Netscape Radio.

No worries Annie. My soul is safe. If I had AOL, would I be able to download stuff like this? (Potential entry to chickflick 2005?)

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I listen to it. It drives me crazy when they cut you off like that.
They didn't do that before..
Arg. Stupid AOL.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of AOL, I just got IM again, and it made Netscape my first screen, even though I pushed the button that said I did not want it to be. Argh. This means that my husband will delete it again, and I will be chatless. (He is not a control freak, but for some reason I think I can slip AIM by him, when he has asked me repeatedly not to put it on because it messes things up)
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
There's always AIM Express.
You can chat on AIM without being annoyed by annoying AIM things.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, the home page can be easily changed, what brawser are you using? Internet Explorer? click "tools", "internet options", ond change it right there.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.