FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Requesting Help for an Essay

Author Topic: Requesting Help for an Essay
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to write and essay based around and upon the themese of the story, "The Dead" by James Joyce, and I can only find one or two major themes and they both seem rather cheesy, if anyone here has any I'd be most appreciative.

The Dead

[ October 02, 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, it has been too long, Rhaegar, I'm sorry.

What I did when I wrote papers was to read the story or poem, then close my eyes and let the most poignant images come back to me. I focused on those, and then tried to figure out what they were saying, and if they were important to the essence of the work. I wrote about those, and I always got great grades. That is just my general style, though. you have to relax and find yours. Read it again if you have to. Sometimes that works.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks anyway.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what you get for trying to write about James "I don't give a crap if anyone likes my stories or not" Joyce.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if he still would have been famous had he signed his books "by Jimmy Joyce."
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Go to sparknotes .
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I just started reading the story, and so far I really like it. I never thought I'd say that about James Joyce...
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.