FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Time to Guess the October Surprise!

Author Topic: Time to Guess the October Surprise!
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Rumors are high that something amazing will be pulled out of the air to help tip the scales towards a Bush re-election. Columnists are writing about it, websites are betting on it, Democrats are dreading it. What will it be?

• Osama bin Laden will be captured
  • Bush bodily ascends to heaven during campaign speech
  • A new attack by al Qaeda
  • A new war front in Iran / Israel / North Korea
  • Receipt found in Saddam's holdings, proves that Osama was a "Featured Customer" and eligible for terrorist discounts and super savings on discontinued weaponry
  • A shocking and somehow never-before-mentioned revelation about John Kerry
  • Osama bin Laden captured while leading troops in Palestine
  • WMDs found in Iraq
  • John Edwards revealed to be demon, killed by Buffy on Election Day
  • Osama bin Laden captured while egging Tony Blair's house
  • Elections suspended due to emergency situation
  • Teresa Heinz Kerry permitted to speak in public the night before, with cameras present
  • "This Way to the Polls" signs posted to point offshore, thousands of Floridians drowned
  • Osama bin Laden captured during Anti-Bush protest 16 miles away from presidential appearance
  • All taxes cut, let's see Kerry talk around that!
  • STAR WARS-offshoot invention allows satellites to focus gentle, holy ray of sunlight on Bush during speaking engagements as subtle reminder of just Who favors whom
  • Terrorist attempt to delay elections
  • Voting machines rise up, begin shooting Democrats. Independents and third party voters left alive, as curiosities
  • Unemployment rates drop to lowest level in 21 years as workforce drops out of unemployment lines to just give up and die
  • Keeping with a winning strategy, the U.S. invades Iraq again
  • Kerry finally realizes what he'll be stuck with if he wins, quits race and ruins off screaming into the night
  • Bush declares "Anyone voting against us is voting for the terrorists" -- terrorists go on to win the popular vote but lose in electoral
  • Poll workers ordered to begin recounts now, to save time
  • Osama bin Laden captured while murdering babies in back office of Kerry campaign
  • Gas prices drop a nickel
What do you think? Place your bets now, we're in the home stretch!

[ October 03, 2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he'll catch Sadaam Hussein.....Again.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe just a commercial with Bush standing next to Saddam's cell, pointing at it and going, "Huh? Huh? Pretty cool, right?"
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Showdown in Fallujah...

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
<snicker>
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Whoops, that reminds me...
  • VP Dick Cheney speaks out the week before the election on the importance of allowing the states to decide their own stance on gay marriage even as his daughter announces her joyeous conversion, through therapy, Bible study, and methadone, to heterosexuality. Win-win.

[ October 04, 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Ahhh, this thread is a tonic.

You forgot one:

Bush and Saddam square off to decide the issue like real men . . .

[Big Grin]

Hey! At least the networks would make a mint!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see an Iron Chef showdown.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Mt St Helens will erupt big-time (not these puny puffs) and the Forest Service servers will be overloaded from all the people watching it, and Kerry will win the election because he campaigns for more money for the Forest Service Servers.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd like to see an Iron Chef showdown.
And today's special ingrediant is...
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Oil!

Or possibly ketchup.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
THis post was deleted because somehow I posted it to the incorrect thread.
[Blushing]
AJ

[ October 05, 2004, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Scandal insues after it is revealed the Kerry campaign awarded no-bid contracts to Heinz Ketchup for fundraisers.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Why isn't there a link to a column?
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it ain't Wednesday . . .

-o-

Mt. Saint Helens could only help Bush, as the Hurricanes in Florida have. A president can give aid and stuff; a candidate can only walk around looking solemn. How can Kerry compete?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
John Edwards revealed to be demon, killed by Buffy on Election Day
Edwards does have that Wolfram and Hart quality to him. And we all know that is Angel's territory, not Buffy's.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I believe that the best way to settle the election is have a nation-wide game of counter-strike, republicans vs. democrats... Which ever side ends out at the end, has their representative win...

But, I have a question, what if no one voted? absolutely no one. Would it be a tie and both win, causing them both to lead? There couldn't exactly be a re-count.

Out of the choices, I believe gas prices will drop a nickle.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, no matter what happens, W.'s mommy and daddy will vote for him. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd prefer to see a wrestlemania, Dems vs. Repubs.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

In the still real possibility of a tie, it goes to the house, so no, both wouldn't lead, but it would cause a problem as to who would be able to be elected by the house since there isn't a top anything canidate since they all have no votes and there are more than three canidates that would reach a ballot somewhere.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Don't forget about Jeb.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheney: John, I am your father.
Edwards: Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy Kaufman announces his dark-horse candidacy and wins by a landslide.
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [ROFL]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Following orders from the Vice President's office, and siting evidence that must remain top-secret, John Kerry's appointed Secret Service Gaurd, now part of Homeland Security, arrest Senator Kerry as a "terrorists supporter" and lock him away until the "war on terror" is over.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delicate flower
Member # 6260

- posted      Profile for delicate flower   Email delicate flower         Edit/Delete Post 
A shocking new photo is released (probably by CBS): John Kerry with one arm slung companionably around Saddam Hussein, the other around Osama Bin Ladin, pictured kneeling in front of this happy group are Hitler and Darth Vader.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Impressive...
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Most impressive.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
John Kerry, John Edwards and the Governor of New Jersey all come out of the closet (the third one again I guess) and proclaim their love of each other and invite George and Dick to join in the first all male Polygamous Homosexual White House.

Then they will take turns being President 1 of the 5 days of the week and the others will be the "first men" and on Saturdays and Sundays they'll all dress up as "first ladies".

Hey....it could happen.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A shocking new photo is released (probably by CBS): John Kerry with one arm slung companionably around Saddam Hussein, the other around Osama Bin Ladin, pictured kneeling in front of this happy group are Hitler and Darth Vader.
No, that's the Fox News picture. CBS will release a picture of Bush with Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell sitting in the Oval Office with a Bible, a copy of the Constitution, and a gallon of White-Out.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd prefer to see a wrestlemania, Dems vs. Repubs.
With lots of oil... and jello
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear I've clicked on this topic at least six times now. Your title has the word "surprise" in it...it keeps drawing me in.

I completely keep forgetting what this topic is about.

I'm serious!

I'll not fall for it again.

[ October 07, 2004, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((Tammy))

That's so cute!! Just want to eat you up!
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*dabs gravy on her wrist*

Please change the title. It's just to tempting and definitely misleading.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
What does that mean?
Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Tammy...definitely the second time I've been in here.

*dorf*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a made up name. That's what it's being referred to as, the "October Surprise". That's what the media calls it. The phrase goes back to the Reagan/Carter election of 1980.
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[Wave]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.