FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hygiene Product Humor/Rant (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hygiene Product Humor/Rant
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
This has been making the LJ rounds. I laughed so hard I cried when I read it, but it does have some foul language and TMI of female troubles. Plus, some fairly creative and potentially offensive euphemisms for... stuff.

This will probably not be funny at all to men, because, frankly, guys, You Don't Get It. But that's okay, because That's The Way It Should Be.

Time 'o the Month Rant

[ October 04, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerin
Member # 3902

- posted      Profile for Aerin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So I took them home, cursed and snarled until the perforations-that-weren't forced me to gut the package like a deer carcass, and I tried out the "quietest pouch" which was indeed so whisper-silent that if I were a ninja, and I was bleeding vaginally, I would accept no other brand. Of course, were I a vaginally-bleeding ninja, I would have bigger problems to worry about. Like the fact that I would likely have forebrain-searing turquoise hair and horrifically inflated breasts.
[ROFL]
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! She's on my friends list, and I got to read that upon coming in to work this morning--awesome start to the week [Big Grin] I think I'm gonna have to leave her a comment and tell her that her awesomeness could no longer be contained by LJ, it has spilled out into the rest of the internet.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
(Olivia, is it a bad time to call? I got your message -- got back late last night, came home from work early today.)
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That was simply hilarious.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I gotta say, though...the whole quiet packaging thing bugs the snot out of me. Why, why, why is the period something to be ashamed of and hidden?

I'm also endlessly amused and bemused by the way 9 out of 10 guys react to any discussion of menstruation whatsoever. They're horrified that we'd bring the subject up in mixed company--heaven forbid they be aware that pretty much EVERY WOMAN THEY KNOW goes through it nearly EVERY MONTH.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe there was a thread once where we determined that an alarming percentage of Hatrack females had coordinated schedules.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*runs away from inappropriate mixed-company conversation*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Wings, I don't mind. Packaging and advertising? Drives me mad. I mean, who rollerskates while WEARING WHITE on an ordinary day, let along a day when you're bleeding profusely and ready to tear the head of anyone who looks at you wrong!?
Did a guy write this? There's a picture of a guy next to it.

If so...he so gets it. I'd like to think that a guy wrote this. [Smile]

[ October 04, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[Re: link] Too true.

What I want to know, katharina, is which alpha female is setting the pack's schedule. Now that would be pretty interesting.

*money on celia

[ October 04, 2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

This is why I buy my Tampons at Costco. Much much better than the feminine hygiene aisle at the grocery store or pharmacy.

Lol, this reminds me of the time when I went grocery shopping at the superwalmart with Steve, and his roommate at the time Nathan. Since I ate over there so much I chipped in for food. There was some sort of exchange of cash at the register between Nathan and I. The guy behind us made some sort of semi-deroggatory comment about Nathan being already whipped because I was holding the purse strings or something.

However, I couldn't help but comeback with a snarky reply. He was standing their behind with nothing on the conveyor belt but a package of maxi pads. Also had like a 6th-8th grade ish boy with him.

My retort was "You've got the wrong guy pegged as my boyfriend, and you really don't have room to talk since you're obviously whipped since you are buying maxi pads!"

His rueful reply, "Yeah, you are right, and I'm even having to borrow money from my son to pay for them for her!"

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
200 [UPC symbols] would net you a personal visit from the male of your choice, who would, on bent knee, apologize on behalf of his whole gender for not having to suffer the affliction of The Monthlies, after which he'd fix a three-course Italian dinner, bake brownies, give you a full-body massage, f**k you heroically, and then, if you were having a very, very bad month for cramps, he might allow you to kick him in the nuts. Just a little. He'd go limping out about the time your girlfriends arrive with Heath Ledger DVDs, allowing them to snicker at his plight before diving into the brownies, which ought to be cool enough to eat by then.

Best Idea EVAR. *starts saving up UPCs just in case*

[ October 04, 2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Stray ]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Yeah. I guess SOME guys get it. [Smile]

Sara, give me half an hour, and call my cell. On the way to Choi Kwang Do!

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like a combination used-car salesman and bible-thumping preacher, the promised fresh smell delivers false promises and veiled insults: "You'll feel fresh as a spring morning! Nobody will know you're bleeding from the twat, you disgusting, sinful, smelly woman!"
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

quote:
I believe there was a thread once where we determined that an alarming percentage of Hatrack females had coordinated schedules.
I wouldn't be surprised. Isn't it proven somewhere that when women are together for any length of time they get on the same schedule?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Actually, I don't think a guy buying feminine products should be embarrassed at all. You know what it means? It means that he in a relationship where there is enough trust that he is willing to do this mission, which means that (1) he's getting sex on a regular basis, and (2) they have mastered the art of birth control. It should be a badge of HONOR. Yay for him!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That's totally the way I feel about it. It sends exactly the message that a guy buying a huge box of condoms thinks he's sending.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Rock on, kat and lawguy. [Smile]

(will do, Olivia)

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That was dang funny.

Although getting kicked in the yarbles really does hurt.

Edit: And yes, I have walked the Aisle of the Damned several times for my wife.

[ October 04, 2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yes but a guy who is buying feminine hygeine products has no room to be derogatorily snarky himself about male-female interactions in general, particularly ones where the female is being more authoritarian.

AJ

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't think I'm following anyone's mensus schedule since mine's dictated by the one ring. Anyone who started Saturday and will be done tonight or early tomorrow is on my schedule.

Anyone?

BTW, I *like* the winged ones. I won't wear anything else. What on earth are women doing in that would cause "a critical breach in the absorbency layer through which fluids are guaranteed to seep, staining anything you sit on"? This has seriously never happened to me.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the funniest thing I've read ever!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

wow, one of the comments mentioned this reusable product. who wants to product test it for the rest of hatrack's womenfolk?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

It costs $27!!! I'm not paying that much for something I have to clean and can't flush!
(I'm pretty exclusively a tampon user TSS or no TSS.)

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

Hmm...started this morning, which might explain the crying all the way through conference.

I know it's a stereotype, and the feminist part of me wants to fight it, but I can't escape the truth. I have extreme PMS, and it almost always makes me cry. The worst year ever was the year I was roommates with a girl who had the same schedule. My PMS makes me cry, and hers makes her mean. There was a crisis once a month. There's just no way around it, and it's part of the Fabulous Katharina package. In return, I'll reschedule the trip to the theatre when it turns out you forgot that BYU played that night, and I'll even save the eyerolls for where no one can see them.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia: um, ew?

I only cry during PMS when I'm really stressed out for other reasons. I once convinced myself that I'd missed a really important All-state tryout the week before the tryout was actually to take place and started bawling my eyes out in the middle of sacrament meeting. This made my mom start laughing uproariously at me.

[ October 04, 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wings work for some and not for others. Though my sister gave my daughter a bar of quick lathering soap last summer. It was a normal bar of soap, covered in a dri-weave pouch. Not surprisingly, they were being offloaded for a song at Big Lots. But it did lather up really fast.

Due to some peri-menopausal complaints I have heard about over the years, I never want to use a pad called "Always".

P.S. I'm supposed to be having my period right now. My sister flew in the other night. If one of my sisters is on, spending a 3 hour dinner with them is usually enough to breach the lava dome.

[ October 04, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL

Seems they could make bank by calling their product "Light 'n' Seldom" instead.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
kat: I hope you're not implying that you would consider marrying a BYU fan. That's not even funny.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

I only had that kind of PMS when I was on ortho-tri. I used to get back spasms so bad that I would just lie down on whatever flat surface I could find and wait for them to stop. Regular exercise seems to have gotten rid of those completely (yay concrete canoe practice!).

Pff...I'm putting one of these on my Christmas list this year. Silcon has to be more comfortable that a tampon.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Does anyone else use Gold Bond after showering while on a period? I find that even though I use tampons it seems to absorb the odor and moisture better than just about anything else. It's also useful at other times when you have moisture that needs to be absorbed. I've found since I've started using it occasionally, I've had less problems with Urinary Tract infections starting up.

AJ

[ October 04, 2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

katharina
Member # 827

LawGuy: I'm doing my very best to avoid it. Mentioning I have a teensy bit of a wicked streak usually wipes out the possibility. [Razz] Poor boy looked absolutely shocked. I probably have to do some damage control on my reputation. *sigh*
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing works against leaks. You could have wings, a tampon the size of a log and still some gets through. [Mad]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

quote:
Nothing Stops the Leaks
You know I'm surprised she didn't mention the phenomenon of Period Underwear somewhere in that rant.

AJ

celia60
Member # 2039

Period Underwear?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*is caught up in the flow of AJ's pun*
Tammy
Member # 4119

[ROFL]

I haven't [ROFL] like this in a long time.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

[ROFL] the pun was entirely unintentional.

While Victorian Period underwear might be interesting, what I meant was wearing all of your least desirable and most worn out underwear while on your period. That way you aren't taking the chance of wrecking your expensive Victoria's Secret undies.

AJ

celia60
Member # 2039

But...I've been throwing those away in order to justify buying the Victoria's Secret stuff!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Do you really want stains on the Victoria's Secret stuff? Though you could just go on an oldest to newest rotation regardless of brand.

AJ

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
"Underwear Rotation" would be a good name for a rock band.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Kat, good to know we're on the same schedule. Next month, when I've forgotten when my period is due because I've failed to mark it on the calendar I'll just IM you to ask.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grin* Perfect.

Except I don't do anything nearly so organized and efficient as mark it on a calendar. I've never quite been sure why we are supposed to do that.

Come to think of it, why are we supposed to do that? Just so it's not a surprise?

Space Opera
Member # 6504

It's so you waste the three days before your period actually comes wearing a mini pad and feeling like a dork.

space opera

BannaOj
Member # 3206

*sigh* Kat, we need to have a Dr. Ruth talk tonight. There are definite reasons for wanting to be able to predict when it comes.

AJ

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
celia - "the one ring" *giggles* I'm going to have to remember that when I have to go to the pharmacy to get my next one - "I'm off to get the one ring!"
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we're sexually active, to date pregnancy.
If we're not, just in case something goes squicky. You know, horrid disease, anorexia, etc....

I have many many frinds who use the Diva cup exclusivley, and love it. It pays for itself in a few months.
I started making my own pads from old sweats about a decade ago, and have never looked back. I hate spending money on something just to get it covered with bodily fluids, then throw it in the trash.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Even I know that. (viz., that there are important reasons for being able to predict it)

[ October 04, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.