FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is ours a Milli Vanilli President?

Author Topic: Is ours a Milli Vanilli President?
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/index.html

quote:
Check out the president's peculiar behavior during the debate, they say. On several occasions, the president simply stopped speaking for an uncomfortably long time and stared ahead with an odd expression on his face. Was he listening to someone helping him with his response to a question? Even weirder was the president's strange outburst. In a peeved rejoinder to Kerry, he said, "As the politics change, his positions change. And that's not how a commander in chief acts. I, I, uh -- Let me finish -- The intelligence I looked at was the same intelligence my opponent looked at." It must be said that Bush pointed toward Lehrer as he declared "Let me finish." The green warning light was lit, signaling he had 30 seconds to, well, finish.
quote:
Suggestions that Bush may have using this technique stem from a D-day event in France, when a CNN broadcast appeared to pick up -- and broadcast to surprised viewers -- the sound of another voice seemingly reading Bush his lines, after which Bush repeated them.
Well! It's still just a rumor, but wow! It would really explain some of Bush's strange behavior during the first debate.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since Kerry had a Cheat Sheet anything is possible. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Chad, that article says that Kerry took a pen out of his pocket. How is that a "cheat sheet"?
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

No the article says they don't know what it was but that the New York Post claimed it was a pen, which even if so, was against the rules.

No big deal, but about as plausible as the original post, which is to say, "Conspiracy Theory".

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

I don't know, the thing about CNN picking up a broadcast of someone reading out the same lines coming out of Bush's mouth... that's pretty bizarre.
CStroman
Member # 6872

So's Kerry pulling out a "pen" out of his pocket while his back is turned, then placing it on his podium, and then looking down at it?

Was there something magical about that "pen" that he would look down at it?

Or was he "spreading out" the page he had just taken out of his pocket.

My point is that Conspiracy Theories abound.

I'd be willing to bet that the "echo" of Bush was in fact the reverb of Bush's own speech.

You bounce the signal off a satellite and back down you get a delay.

Ever see two TV feeds of the same "live" content and notice they aren't exactly sync'd?

I think both reports are just B.S. but I'm sure some people will just swear by them as gospel truth.

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd pay to see that. [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would Kerry need to cheat when he's debating this guy? [ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stark
Member # 6831

- posted      Profile for Stark   Email Stark         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear i saw Bush's mouth moving when he was sitting down taking notes at last night's debate. It's driving me nuts that no one else has noticed this, at least now i have a possible explanation. At best he was mouthing what he wrote down, which doesn't exactly bolster my confidence in him.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.