FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anger Management

Author Topic: Anger Management
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Lately I've been noticing a lot more anger in me. Usually this is just dealing with the roomies and such. My tactics are to just leave the room and cool off for a while, but I can still feel like a dog ready to bite anything you put near its mouth later. It never really seems to go away. Any advice?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
[Mad]
[Frown]

[Frown]

No.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Write in a journal? Preferably a private one?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Go to the "Chad" thread and beat up on him for awhile. Trust me, it makes you feel much better!
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
As does joining a forum for the apparant purpose of pissing off nearly everyone in it.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Ok, breathe. Breathe.

Take a deep breath..In...then out.....and repeat.

(This message brought to you by the Society for the Preservation of People Too _______ to Breathe)

Ask Dagonee what word is missing since it's his phrase and his society.

And that's him being civil BTW.

[ October 12, 2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: CStroman ]

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I did the same when he originally posted it as well. I just didn't respond to it or Ben's "civility".

But that is Dagonee's quote above.

Zeugma
Member # 6636

Like clockwork, every time I start to feel like people are being a little too hard on Chad, he strolls in to the living room and pees on the rug.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

So Dagonee posting it is ok, but me re-posting it is wrong?

Ok......

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Fascinating, as you're the one with the apparent history of joining forums and getting people so pissed off at you they ban you, at least from political things [Smile] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Yes, Chad. EVERYTHING DAGONEE DOES IS GREAT!

Heck, I for one would LOVE to watch Dagonee light some kittens on fire! Or eat some babies! That would really make me happy, because nothing Dagonee ever did could ever do otherwise!!

((((((((Dagonee))))))))

CStroman
Member # 6872

Ok the threads officially derailed by Dagonee, let's get it back on track.

***Jedi Mind-trick***

Soothing Music is almost always a relaxer, but if you are too wound up can just be anoying.

Zeugma
Member # 6636

Chad, Chad.... tsk tsk tsk.

Obviously Dagonee didn't derail this thread.

I mean, even if you ignore the fact that, well, you know, you started it.....

Dagonee Can Do No Wrong!

Thread-derailment isn't on the list of things Dagonee can do, as that list contains only positive things.

[Hail] Dag

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you might want to read over some of Dags posts. He's pretty dreamy. And the best part is that he's infallible. I'd take notes, but I get too busy dreaming about his keen intellect, razor wit, rippling pecs.

Oh crap. Was I supposed to making fun of Chad or Dags here? I'm all confused.

One of the few blessings of being easily distracted is that I don't stay angry long. Most of my advice falls along the lines of "find something shiny" so I suspect I don't have much to offer you.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

This is the most amazing thread hijacking I have ever seen. Derailment is one thing. Derailment is to be expected in a thread. But I know thread derailment, and this, sir, is no thread derailment. It is a hijacking.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
"Heck, I for one would LOVE to watch Dagonee light some kittens on fire!"

You shouldn't have missed our anti-chad meeting last week then. We had kitten-eating, and pop corn.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! Ick's right. Where's George Bush when you need him? He's supposed to be keeping our homeland safe. Curse you Bush! Curse you!

*shakes fist*

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
your homeland BtL?
[Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
*Puts gun to thread*

That's right, this here's a HIIIIII-jacking! I want 3 million in small, non-sequential, unmarked bills.

Oh, and a nice breakfast at Denny's.

Submit to my demands, or the thread gets it!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Sometimes I like to try on American underpants and prance around the house. There's nothing wrong with fantasy, is there?
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Hatrack has officially gone INSANE, INSANE I TELL YOU.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thread-derailment isn't on the list of things Dagonee can do, as that list contains only positive things.
You are mistaken, comrade. Thread derailment is positive.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Of course, when posted "Too Stupid to Breathe", I admitted I was wrong and took it down almost immediately. Not that you quoted it correctly, anyway.

quote:
Ok the threads officially derailed by Dagonee
Dishonesty, he makes up sh*& to post and say.
Now it looks as though he's here to stay
Oh why won't he just go away?

Suddenly, the 'Rack's not half the fun it used to be.
There's a liar looming over me.
Oh please won't he just go away?

Why he had to lie I don't know he didn't say.
He made up some stuff and now I long for yesterday.

Hypocrisy. An ugly little word for games he plays.
I want things once more to be okay.
Oh why won't he just go away.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, walk away. Trust me, please. Just walk away.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

[ROFL]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, Dana. I'm off to bed.

Thanks to Zeugma, by the way. Next kitten's on me.

pooka
Member # 5003

You know, one time we had a discussion about whether anyone really rolls on the floor, or if there couldn't be a different smiley for merely laughing out loud. I guess there is always [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I think a good idea is to flail my arms in the air spasmatically and say, "George is gettin upset!"

Or: Serenity now! Serenity now!

[ October 12, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

:chuckle:
P.S. The Festivus feats of strength!

[ October 12, 2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

BtL . . . I wanted to take a moment, since my last interaction with you was somewhat argumentative, to tell you that I think you are a god.

That is all.

Oh, and Kwea, too.

Book
Member # 5500

So should I punch a hole in something or not? We never answered that question, which truly lies at the heart of all great works.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Punch a pillow. Won't break your knuckles unless you happen to sleep on a rock. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

What if I punch in a hole in, like, a big rice cake? Or a really big, crunchy waffle? Got any answers for that, smart guy?

<------Just realized all of the above comments not only failed to be funny, but also rationally supported your argument. Somewhat.

[ October 13, 2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
BtL, I am just about at the state of actually rolling on the floor laughing. Thank you.

Book, I often enjoy the wanton destructiveness of The Dragon's Fury. I find it quite therapeutic.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
1. I'm a girl.
2. I stab things when I'm pissed. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
*stabs conservatives*

*stabs liberals*

Gee golly gosh that feels better.
Live for who you are, and what you believe.
Don't live for a label, or an -ism.

Be an individual yet realize that if you say F*** off to the world, life gets mightily tough.
Here stands the big issue that separates us from primates. Do we bond together as a society, or sit around flinging dung.

*locates nearest pile of dung, just in case*

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Book, I've found putting on a pair of safety goggles, grabbing a sledge hammer, and pounding large rocks into tiny rocks to be an effective way of bleeding off anger. Any kind of exercise will do, really, but there's something very satisfying about bringing gravel into the world.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
American underpants
[Mad]

I'm always mad. I think it's because I'm human, living on earth and breathing.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible today that any thread doesn't turn around Chad ? [Mad]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

That was yesterday Anna.

This is a brand new day!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I always go on a very fast walk. This allows me to breathe really heavily for a while, and it also allows me to think all the nasty thoughts I want to think without anyone around whom I can hurt. I keep walking until I'm not mad anymore, and then I turn around. By the time I've gotten all the way back home, I'm much more sane. It might not work for you, but it works for me.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I clean. When I'm pissed I'm Wonder Woman in the cleaning department. I get so much done!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use your magic lasso to get your family members to confess who it was that spilled the grape juice on the carpet?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I throw things when I'm angry. My hairbrush, mostly, 'cause it doesn't break. It's childish, but it works... and no one usually sees.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

My magic lasso helps me accomplish many things! [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.