FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
In this thread, say anything at all and the next person to post (me or someone else) will take offense instantly and go off on you for no apparent reason. Note that the cool thing is that the next person needn't also make a statemtn for someone else to take offense at...their primary post will be enough. We can take offense at each other taking offense.

I'll start us off by saying that I really enjoy crisp fall days.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
And what the heck is wrong with warm summer days? Or cold winter days? Or how about spring? Did you even think about those days?

No, of course not. Because you're a bigot, Bob. We've always known that and now you're proving us right.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
zgator, you’re wrong to jump all over Bob like that. I happen to know that Bob really appreciates the full four seasons. You shouldn’t be so touchy.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
If you two are going to be married soon dkw, you're going to have to let the big guy fight his own battles. He'll need you around for strength, but not to fight his little battles.

(that was insulting you, not me taking it personally)

I'll try to do better.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me?? Believe me when I say I like crisp fall days more than most, Bob. I was born in September, loved walking to school, dressing up in costumes, having Thanksgiving dinners. I like the first gentle fall frost, that makes the scrunching noise when you walk on it, leaving a trail of verdant footprints. The walk home, the sky a soft gold highlighting the reds, oranges, yellows of the leafy headdresses of oaks, maples, and birches...

People like you, so pithily mentioning just one aspect of glorious fall, as if you really even KNOW, as if you truly understand, when you're just trying to fit in with the true aesthetes.

Hrmph.

You'd probably be quick to say you like cute little puppy dogs, too, even though you are so OBVIOUSLY a ferret person.

-Bok

EDIT: Doh, see what happens when I take the time to work up my hystrionics?

[ October 15, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Bok, do you think you could keep up with the conversation, please. The rest of us would appreciate that.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
zgator, just who the heck do you think you are, presuming to speak for "the rest of us?" Speak for yourself!
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The "rest of us"? Zgator, how *dare* you speak for me? [Mad]

[Edit--Steven, you really piss me off, typing more quickly than me. Undoubtedly, it was my taking the time to actually craft my post, as opposed to the sloppy amaturish take you presented on the same idea, that slowed me down. In the future, I suppose I'll just have to sink to your level, if I'm to keep up with the schlock you churn out.]

[ October 15, 2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
What's your problem, zgator? you don't appreciate finely worded statements? I don't believe that any of your current "conversation" is worth keeping up with.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Please, Bok ! Zgator was just trying to keep the track of this conversation ! You don't need to be so attached to rules NOBODY follows anyway !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Anna! How *dare* you ignore both me and sndrake?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I dare everything ! I'm FRENCH ! Mwahaha ! [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yes, that does explain everything, now that you mention it.
Tammy
Member # 4119

[Roll Eyes] Oh my goodness, with Hatrackers like you guys, who needs trolls!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Now, what does that mean, Noem ? You don't like French people ? You arrogant American !
Tammy
Member # 4119

The French are so touchy!
Anna
Member # 2582

BTW, Tammy [Taunt]
Watch off, we have big clubs and we're VERY hungry [Big Grin]
EDIT : trolls, that is. Now that you mention it, French too.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

so touchy feely...
Tammy
Member # 4119

Did you just tell me to watch off?

I don't think I've ever been spoken to like that, since, well since I've been in France.

I can't seem to type when I'm offended.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Anna
Member # 2582

We sure know how to defend ourselves, not like you sissy Americans ! Now back off or I'll taunt you again !
/irony

[ October 15, 2004, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Noemon, this is the first time someone has ever gotten pissed at me for after copying what I did. When will you get used to the fact that you will never be an innovator and groundbreaker? You're always trying to build on the works of others and claiming them as your own!

So there!

And who does that French woman think she is, ignoring us both? (Note, I am agreeing and not *copying* here.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

You're supposed to take offense from the previous poster, but obviously you don't even know how to play an easy game when it's plain written on your screen !
EDIT : wow, that's funny, my post count just jumped to the year I was born (1981)

[ October 15, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

Were you really talking to me? When have I ever copied anything you've said?

Men can be so insecure.

*French Name Callers* Humpfh!

French people with faster fingers than me always make me feel insecure.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

You just posted the year you were born? Are you calling me old young lady?

OMG...that's the second time I've gotten the 30 second post rule in one day. Am I a troll now? Or do I really just type to fast?

[ October 15, 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Sheesh, Tammy.

Since "Noemon" and "Tammy" are spelled so similarly, I can see why you might be confused as to who I was referring to.

(This is "sarcasm," not to be confused with "praise")

*grumbles at stupid French woman*

Tammy
Member # 4119

So you're finally saying it are you? Tammy's stupid?

It's unbelievable how insensitive you are to my feelings.

Are you saying I need glasses? Or brains? Hun? Which is it?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I VOTED FOR NADER! I HATE EVERYBODY!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Porter, you're not taking offense at anything any of us wrote. So are you playing or not ? It's INCREDIBLE how people take "take offense from something" as "shouting match" !
*snort*
Tammy, he said I was stupid. So obviously you need both, brain and glasses.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

MPH by that are you implying that I have no clue what this topic is about? That what I'm attempting to do is not right?
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, that really, really bugs me when you ask that kind of question, Tammy. Maybe you should go back and review the forum rules. Sheesh.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think that Porter and Anna are both unconscionably rude, ignoring Tammy. She was obviously looking for affirmation in regards to her statements about her stupidity.

Affirmation: Just one more service I offer.

Anna
Member # 2582

afr, are you implying Tammy never read the forum rules ? How rude of you ! Do that another time and I'll report you, naughty boy !
sndrake, I answered to Tammy. Yes, I did. You need glasses and a brain too, I see.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

Anna I think you're talking directly to me. My first try up there in replying to DKW was an insult, then further down I proceeded to just shout silliness.

Now you to Mr. AFR? Does everyone think I need to go read the rules?

I can't believe how I'm being ganged up on.

I'm really not feeling you people today.

(This is just food for my already bitchy disposition...love it!)

[ October 15, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Chad....
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Anna, you sneaky, treacherous woman.

You edited in those comments while I was typing, in an attempt to make me look foolish. But it won't work. I'm wise to your treacherous ways.

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Chad do you not have anything else to say? No insults? geez!
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Rub it in my face why dontcha Chad.

[Roll Eyes]

It's not my fault you're Chad.

[ October 15, 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Chad,

This is the perfect place to announce to everyone that you admitted you were a liberal in another thread!

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Tammy. If I wanted to read lame comebacks like that, I'd go watch a presidential debate. Sheesh. Put some effort into it!
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Sndrake, I had already edited my post when you posted. You'll want to check tose things before posting, in order not to seem a fool, you see. [Big Grin]
sndrake
Member # 4941

dh,

wake up! the debates are OVER. Don't you keep up with the news? Sheesh.

Anna
Member # 2582

Tammy, if you don't know how to type, don't type. We all saw you edited your post because as it was it had no meaning.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Anna,

if you expect me to believe that you read my post first than you are actually treacherous AND stupid.

Tammy
Member # 4119

[No No]

Ohhhh Bob!

You deliberately created this thread to draw out my bitchiness. Then you just up and leave.

Why can't you just be nice to the crazy lady?

Hey...I don't think we're doing this right. I'm getting my a$$ insulted off and no one else seems to be taking anything personally.

dh
Member # 6929

I object to that remark VERY strongly, Tammy! I take that VERY personally!
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Are you yelling at me?
Anna
Member # 2582

Bob, Tammy is right. If you wanted people to actually get offended, you should have removed the "a game" in the title, which anyway drives here the people the most stupid and trollish I ever saw. Trolls love games. Especially simple games like that since in the monkey paw you have to think, not too much but to think anyway.
How to recognize a troll ? It's easy. this is a troll.

[ October 15, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

dh
Member # 6929

I suppose that explains what YOU'RE doing here, Anna!
Tammy
Member # 4119

Again , I ask you, are you or are you not calling me a Troll?
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is THAT supposed to mean, Tammy? You WANT us to call you a TROLL? HOW ABOUT OGRE, HUH! THINK OF THE LITTLE PEOPLE TAMMY! THE LITTLE PEOPLE!!!
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.