FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 10)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very offended by that smiley you put up. Are truly unaware of the sexual connotations of sticking out your tongue?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Offended by a smiley? Could you find no better reason to be offended than by a smiley?

You should work on what offends you.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with being short, huh?

Shoudl I be ashamed of only being 5 foot 7 inches tall?

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. My. Gosh.

I am, like, SO offended, that, like, this thread was on PAGE 3!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you would revive this thread through the use of "Valley-girl speak!"

Gag me with a spoon!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
Why shouldn't we gag you with a fork? Are you discriminating against other kitchen utensils?

[ October 28, 2004, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Abrynne ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

The fact that you would actually want to harm me, me personally, with a fork, hurts deeply.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am so offended FOR Bob, that you assume the fork-gagging had anything to do with you!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you would be offended for Bob, come on! If he were to be offended, he would have shown it himself! He doesn't need someone to be offended for him! I'm offended by people who are offended for other people, how could I know they wouldn't do it themself to me?
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended for people who are offended by other people.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The very fact that you are offended for people who are offended by other people points out your own hypocrisy.

I hate hypocrisy, it offends me.

[ October 28, 2004, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I love hypocrisy, so I am offended that you dislike it.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm simply aghast.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, puh-leeze, Bob. How offensive.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that no one seems to be here to offend.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended beyond belief at everyone who has ever posted in this thread, except myself of course, for letting it wander over to page two again.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Elisabeth, I'm offended that you didn't see my invivible answers. Honestly, you should learn to read invisible runes if you want to take part in a serious thread like that one !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Anna, mentioning the invisible answers or rules violates Invisible Rule #768--rrrrgghhh, now you made me break the rules! How offensive.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Anna, I take offnse that you revealed the invisible posting style of many Hatrackers, before I could figure it out. I recently accused Bob of abandoning his To Kill a Mockingbird thread, when he had obviously posted there invisibly. Darn me! And you!
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn ME?

I am both shocked and appalled.

You will be hearing from my lawyer.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I am offended that you would hire a lawyer when clearly this case requires a duel!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you suggest we revert to such an archaic way of handling conflict! I thought we were civilized around here. Have you no heart?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay,
How dare you suggest that duels are archaic!! Look at our election process!!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm just flabbergasted that you would think that our election process can be compared to something so honorable as a duel!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It really burns my biscuits when people use terms like "flabbergasted," as if anyone would even know what they were talking about. Sheesh.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

"Burns my bisquits?" [Eek!] I'm not just offended at the complete waste of food in these troubled times, I'm simple bowled over by your failure to even mention the sausage gravy!!!
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ewwwwww. The very mention of sausage gravy offends me. Gravy is supposed to be brown, period. Eww eww ewww.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh for crying out loud! Now I can't mention sausage gravy without someone I'm nearly related to making noises and impugning my food choices. Last night it was PEA SOUP with dkw, now this!

Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!
Sausage gravy!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It is so offensive to push your Southern sausage and gravy over biscuit-eating ways on the rest of us, Bob. Some of us butter our biscuits, or put creamed chicken over them. You are such a Northist.

[ October 30, 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended. I just don't know why yet.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Another pre-emptive offensive? Haven't we offended the world enough with those?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Morbo, I am highly offended by the ratio of "ive"-ending words to non "ive"-ending words in your first sentence.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that it took me 3 tries before I figured out what YOUR sentence meant!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Bob, why do you have to write 3 as a numeral. I'm disgusted at the laziness of people nowadays. Who would've thought a time would come when people cant put in the effort to type "three" instead of "3" [Mad]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Can I be retroactively offended over pea soup, please? Ewwwwwwwww.

Oh, and I'm also offened at the use of "OMG." When I read it, it always comes out in my head in a Valley-girl accent, and, like, gag me with a spoon!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pea soup is luscious. I had some wonderful pea soup for lunch. You pea-soup-hating Ws offend me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay, your pea soup-hating ways offend me as well, but Rivka, the fact that you even mentioned it really gets my goat.
rivka
Member # 4859

The fact that you blame me for your obvious goat-neglect . . . well, I just don't have the words to describe how offended I am.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Do you know how much it harms my sensitive soul that I am not even worth a few words to you???
rivka
Member # 4859

How offensive that you assume my lack of words is a reflection on you, rather than a natural consequence of me being offended!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And you! Who do you think you are to use the behavior management philosophy of natural consequences to illustrate your point?!
rivka
Member # 4859

*raises eyebrow* A teacher, and a parent. What, you thought you had a lock on it? How offensive!

I am also offended by your need to double-punctuate the end of your sentence. Surely a ! or a ? would have been sufficient?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, Rivka, puhleeze, it is so offensive to throw your teacherness back at my teacherness just to make your point.?!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ye Gods! Now you two have turned this into a forum on instructional psychology! I'm not just offended for myself, no no! I'm offended for all who grew up thinking their teachers were genuinely interested in their learning and well being! The shards of shattered myths slice deeply!
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you continue to speak above my level of understanding? *pouts*

I'm not only annoyed, I'm deeply affronted.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Tammy, if you can't understand this, thank an instructional psychological theory! Offensive indeed!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, you continue to harp on the instructional psychology thing, which is offensive due to the obvious fact that you never got to be offended by my offense over your gravy and biscuit-eating ways, and are therefore transferring that offense onto this one. Please keep old offenses out of the current offense!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

How dare you deny my right to nurse an offense until it becomes all-consuming! Besides, how do you know I'm expressng my warehoused offense in this manner? Does your presumptiousness know no bounds?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Have you even TRIED to say that last sentence out loud? My word, man, tongue twisters offend my entire being!

Furthermore, the word "presumptiousness" has more letters (almost) than the other words in the sentence combined! How presumptious of the word "presumptious!"

[ October 31, 2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The image of you twisting your tongue in response to my posts is just about the most offensive thing I've ever experienced.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.